Thursday , April 15, 2010
- Off to watch Paathshaala. They decided to show it to the press after all. I guess a sensible chat will always do the trick :-)
- Udaan: Produced by Anurag Kashyap, dir Vikramaditya Motwane (co-writer of Dev D, songs dir of Paanch, AD on Devdas and HDDCS).
- Cannes 2010: Vikramaditya Motwane's "Udaan" starring Ronit Roy confirmed to have made the cut, will be screened in "Un Certain Regard" sec.
- Woody Allen's "You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger" stars Naomi Watts, Antionia Banderas, Anthony Hopkins, Josh Brolin, Freida Pinto.
- Cannes lineup to be announced soon. Woody Allen's "You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger" will screen out-of-competition.
- Paathshaala: Altho after Dil Bole Hadippa n Chance Pe Dance how much worse can Paathshaala be? And after Agyaat, can Phoonk2 be much worse?
- Producers of Paathshaala and Phoonk won't show their films to reviewers. That's a lot of confidence in your work, guys!
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
- And now Martin Scorsese's just announced he's going to shoot his next film - The Invention of Hugo Cabret - in 3D.
- Just saw 'How To Train Your Dragon' in 3D. Best animation outside of Pixar. Beautiful, sweeping flight scenes. The stuff 3D was meant for!
Tuesday , April 13, 2010
- 90s films that shouldn't be remade: http://tinyurl.com/y3b688a
- What are you going to watch this weekend -- Paathshaala or Phoonk 2?
- Kevin Smith: Anyone read his books? 'My Boring Ass Life' - Felt like taking a bath after reading the filth he writes. At least its original.
- Cop Out: Only thing to tell you it's a Kevin Smith movie is all the filthy language!
- Cop Out: It's a (bad) throwback to those 80s buddy-cop movies. Some bits v funny, mostly just dull. Bruce Willis reduced to doing this?
- Cop Out: When Sean William Scott is the best thing about a film, you know it ain't good news!
- Just saw Kevin Smith's "Cop Out". Nothing like the quirky, hilarious, irreverent films he usually makes (Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy).
Monday , April 12, 2010
- 20 Misleading Movie Titles: http://tinyurl.com/y27fvnx
Sunday , April 11, 2010
- Jeffrey Katzenberg slams Clash of the Titans; says 3D must be done correctly or no one will pay to see 3D soon: http://tinyurl.com/y96sccj
- Elizabeth Taylor, 78, expected to marry for the ninth time. Husband-to-be is 30 years her junior.
Saturday , April 10, 2010
- FILM QUIZ: Miles (Paul Giametti) is a high school teacher, would-be novelist, and wine enthusiast in Sideways. What subject does he teach?
Friday , April 09, 2010
- So many reviews this wk: Prince, Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai, Japanese Wife, Date Night, Green Zone, Hurt Locker. 10.30pm, Now Showing, CNN-IBN.
- Dibakar Banerjee on the film that changed his life. At 10.30pm on 'Now Showing', CNN-IBN.
- Twinkle Khanna is quoted in today's Bombay Times as saying: "I want a National Award for Akshay." Sure. And I want a private jet.
- The 'Badmaash Company' trailer looks like it's 'Bunty Aur Babli plus Changu and Mangu' shot in poor man's Vegas, Macau! Sigh...
- The 'Badmaash Company' trailor looks like it's 'Bunty Aur Babli plus Changu and Mangu' shot in poor man's Vegas, Macau! Sigh...
- 12 Creepiest Movie Doctors: http://tinyurl.com/ybq5uew
Thursday , April 08, 2010
- FILM QUIZ: Derek Zoolander retires fm modeling after friends r killed in a "freak gasoline fight accident". Wht occupation does he try nxt?
- Pixar 10 DVD box-set: Priced at 3,999 bucks. Review on 'Now Showing' next Fri. Plus will give away a handful of Pixar DVDs on the show.
- http://twitpic.com/1e1bgb - Look what I got my hands on! Pixar's 10 DVD ultimate collection. Comes with a Disney-themed Monopoly game.
- Another good one: Identify these movie characters - http://bit.ly/c3EzjH (thanks @sairamiyer @flyyoufools) I got quite a few of them. You?
- At spcl Easter reading of her work at the White House, JK Rowling revealed she may consider writing another Harry Potter bk in 10 yrs or so.
- Rowan Atkinson to return for a 'Johnny English' sequel. Of all the cinematic spoof-spies, my fav is Austin Powers. But no more sequels pls!
Wednesday, April 07, 2010
- Akshay Kumar: And judging by his last few films: CC2C, Tasveer, Kambakht Ishq, Blue, De Dana Dan, the cameo career may not be a bad idea :-)
- Akshay Kumar shd be a professional cameo artiste. He has the best scene in 'Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai'. His 2nd killer cameo after OSO.
- Just saw Date Night. Steve Carrel & Tina Fey are too funny to be trapped in such a std comedy. Enjoyable if u find comfort in the familiar.
- Now here's a tough one - guess the film from the laugh: http://tinyurl.com/yb43p4b I'm off to drown myself. Got only 1 right out of 21. You?
Tuesday , April 06, 2010
- The Green Zone: Spking of Iraq war-themed films nothing beats the edge-of-seat tension of Hurt Locker. Too bad both films releasing same wk.
- The Green Zone: Interesting plot, love how Greengrass shoots everything handheld to take u into centre of action. Yet this is no United 93.
- Just saw 'The Green Zone'. Not a bad film at all, but haven't we reached an exhaustion point as far as Iraq war-themed films are concerned?
- 3D: Someone tell SRK to do Ra.One in 3D. Or Hrithik to do Krrish2 in 3D. You think 'Blue' might have been marginally tolerable in 3D? Naah!
- 3D: Remember Chhota Chetan in 3D? Loved every moment of it. They used it as a gimmick, but man, what solid good fun! Seen it so many times.
- 3D: Coming soon in 3D - Toy Story 3, Tron, Harry Potters 7 & 8, Shrek Forever After, Tintin, and many more that i cant seem to....
More about Masand's One-liners
Rajeev Masand is the Entertainment Editor of CNN-IBN. An avid film buff, and critic, Masand also hosts the popular To Catch a Star on CNN-IBN. Prior to joining CNN-IBN, Masand worked with Star News as Special Correspondent.