This is how we do it, behind the scenes of India Positive
This is how we do it, behind the scene shooting an 'India Positive' promo. The lines were short so we could not really walk up Raisina Hill in Delhi. So I had to squat and appear as if I was slowly walking up and emerging with the beautiful India Gate in the background. Strange are the ways of making things look good on television.
Watch this space for more such videos, pictures and blogs for all the action behind the camera, and stories of how TV programmes are made. Had fun shooting with Vishal Dube, Sanjay Arora, Sachin Soni.
India Positive new season starts on 21 April 2012, Saturday 10:30 pm, Sunday 12:30 pm and 6:30 pm
In this week's episode:
- Disappearing house sparrow's stir a collective conscience in a Gujarat town. Citizens hang earthen nests and prepare to welcome the little birds back home
- Entrepreneur at 15, bank executive at 17- Sachin Dev Duggal now 28 prepares to take on the tech world with his 35 million $ company
- Who says India is leprosy free? Kabita Bhattarai - has treated over half a million patients for free at her unique hospital in Bihar.
- A homemaker to her family but Agniputri to the world. meet Tessy Thomas, the woman who spearheaded the AGNI project
More about Karma PaljorKarma Paljor has been a journalist for over 11 years. Having started with The Times of India in Mumbai, he moved to CNBC TV18 in 2001. Apart from covering national and political stories for the channel, Paljor also anchored the breakfast show on CNBC TV18. He bagged the Chevening scholarship for Broadcast journalism in 2004. A keen aviation watcher, he loves flying his model aircraft when not reporting about trouble in the skies. Paljor also did a half-hour programme on the problems plaguing the aviation sector in India in 2006, following which the civil aviation ministry suggested several changes including, an overhaul of infrastructure at Air Traffic Controls across India. Paljor, who has anchored every possible show on CNN-IBN, is an avid aeromodeller when time permits.
- + Karma Paljor's Uttarakhand Diaries: VJ Rakesh Negi meets his old friend from Siachen
- + India Positive: Finding ability in challenges
- + India Gate now a picture of neglect
- + Sikkim quake: Boy who starved for 3 days
- + Sikkim quake: How Army braved odds, saved lives
- + My first flight - The F/A-18 Super Hornet
- + 16th Karmapa gave me my name
- + The Tiger's Call
- + New legal bio equipment to cut electricity bills by over 70%