Out of the ash, I rise with my red hair and I eat men like air
(Event: Take Back the Night, Location: Southern Avenue, Kolkata)
There's something astir. The leaves crackle like stones under our heels. The sky has been silenced by the ground beneath.
Their hair aflame, their tongues giddy, their eyes slice through the winds.
They are women reclaiming the night
I am taking what's mine. The city, its air, its streets.
Men don't stare, you know me as I know you. My comrade, my friend, my equal- I am a woman
More about Priyanka Gupta
- + In times of turmoil - Little Egypt
- + Eggs to order
- + American dream: what is that?
- + The human cost: Bengal politics and its cycle of violence
- + The new calendar: looking back at International Women's Day
- + Where is my freedom?
- + No country for women?
- + A little ray of light in the dark saga of sanitation in India
- + A disease lurks Byangoland