Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla
Sep 20, 2012 | Closed
On 25 years in business & their book 'India Fantastique'
Abu and Sandeep have completed 25 years in the fashion industry and launched their maiden book titled 'India Fantastique' in August to celebrate the occasion. Join them for a chat on their book 'India Fantastique' at 4 pm this thursday.
- Do you have to face star tantrums? How do you handle it? Asked by: Monty
- Fortunately for us we are taken very seriously for our design and we have been fortunate with the trust of all our stars!
- in ur opinion wats the response of buyers to the fashion weeks in general? Asked by: Madhu
- We are not a part of it so dont know.
- Who is your inspiration? any role model? Asked by: Anu
- We have many. more than anyone else our mind is our inspiration.
- What is the difference between todays fashion scene in India and West and can two align Asked by: Hitesh
- Its very visually apparent.
- whats the most challenging part of being a fashion designer? Asked by: Madhu
- Keeping your brain working 24x 7!
- How do you compare fashion of places like Paris, London and to India and can India ever become fashion capital of the world Asked by: Manush
- We hope it will become the fashion capital when we get to our 50th!
- What should the govt do to encourage Business of fashion? Asked by: Hema
- Create funds, make taxation easier and promote Indian fashion across the world.
- How would you react to the criticism that Indian designers ape west and are not original Asked by: Shailesh
- Its does not stand true to us.
- What inspired u to get into fashion design? Asked by: Gunjan
- We both needed to do something creative. We met, shared ideas and decided to create beauty through fashion!
- Your success mantra? Asked by: Hina
- Very hard work, originality and being able to constantly challenge ourselves each time.
- Life's biggest regret? Asked by: Sneha
- We have no regrets. God has been kind. Life is too short to have regrets.
- 25 years in the fashion industry- How real was 'Fashion' movie according to you? It portrayed the true story? Asked by: HS
- The content was more sensational than real. It was the directors sensational take on the fashion industry like his other takes like page 3
- If not Fashion designer, what would you be & why? Asked by: HS
- We would have to be in the creative field! 9 to 5 jobs are not up our alley!
- What are your future plans? Asked by: Aki
- The future is to make Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla and international brand. To showcase India in all its beauty to the world. Possibly a line of accessories..
- What's your advice to aspiring designers? Asked by: Akash Verma
- Originality is the only way! and of course there are no short cuts in life...
- What's the price of the book? Where can we buy it? Asked by: Monty
- Its 7995 and available in many bookshops in India and abroad. Also available on Amazon and Flipkart
- What has been the response of the book so far? Asked by: Monty
- How the idea of book came about? Asked by: anshu
- We thought long and hard of the best way to celebrate 25 years and decided nothing better than to document our work in a very beautiful way for the world to see!
- Tell us something about your book? Asked by: Himanshu
- The books (fashion and interior) is our journey in fashion over the last 25 years. Shot from start to scratch, we have travelled world over to have some incredible locations. It has been published by Thames and Hudson and shot by Ram Shergill (for fashion) and Deidi Von Schaewen (for interiors).
- 25 years in the fashion industry: Lessons learnt? Asked by: Himanshu
- There are absolutely no short cuts in life and originality is the ONLY way forward!
- You guys r fabalous TV talk show host, any plans to be back as anchors? Asked by: Anu
- Thank you. We would love to and are awaiting the right opportunity.
- Tell us your favourite model & actor -you loved designing for? Asked by: Honey
- There have been many we have enjoyed designing for. Dimple Kapadia is an eternal muse. Jaya Bachchan, Amrita Singh, Tabu, Deepika Padukone and of course Dame Judi Dench - these are amongst the very well known people but there are many special people in our life we love dressing.
- Are there any plans of opening more stores apart from South Delhi as now rest of Delhi is getting affluent and dress conscious Asked by: Arvind
- God willing!
- Which do you think is the biggest fashion show of India and with so many fashion weeks happening these days what will be the scope of it in future Asked by: Hitesh
- The SO so many fashion weeks are leading to a lot of confusion and there is not a single one in focus. Ideally, the FDCI backed fashion week should be the main fashion week in India
- The book is steeply priced so are there plans to bring it down within reach of common man or is it to keep it exclusively for higher ups Asked by: Manav
- If you see the book - it is worth every penny as it is a product of 25 years of our work.
- What are your views on India’s fashion institutes like NIFT and other academies, are they able to produce quality of International level or are they just producing quantities Asked by: Manush
- A lot of students qualify from fashion colleges from all over the world and very few then go on to make a global mark. India has some great talent but there are no short cuts in life!
- Why are most of the designer’s outlets located mostly in big cities of Delhi and Mumbai, is it because these two cities has the biggest purchasing power Asked by: Arvind
- These are the two most aspirational cities and also the fashion capitals of India. Though a lot of our clients are from these two cities - we also have many clients who like to travel and come from other parts of the country.
- How do you find the difference in couture in the last two decades Asked by: Ravi
- There is a lot happening on the Indian Fashion front. Many good things and also many mediocre things. True Couture is being done by only a handful of designers.
- Who has been most impressive to work with and who has been most demanding without being diplomatic Asked by: Ravi
- Everyone has been special to work with. Mr Bachchan in particular is a dream!
More chats with:Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla