ibnlive » Chat

On his book

12.30 pm Dec 26, 2012

On his book 'Chaos Theory'

Anuvab Pal on his new book 'Chaos Theory'
This chat is over. Thanks for joining.
8 questions answered | No question pending
  • hello sir - are you coming to delhi for a book launch event? i would love to see you read from the book :) Asked by: aseem chhabra
  • Anuvab Pal Yes.17th or 18th I think are the possible dates. I'll definitely post at www.anuvabpal.wordpress.com
  • Among your all of the books, which book is ur fav? Asked by: muskan
  • Anuvab Pal I like this one Chaos Theory. Essentially because at the heart of it, it is a love story.
  • Hi Anubab, What is the book about? Why the title? Asked by: Ravi
  • Anuvab Pal The book is about a love affair between two professors from the 1960's to present. Chaos Theory, badly defined, talks of two particles bouncing about endlessly without ever connecting. That is what life becomes for these two. They marry other people, are still friends but can't really express how they feel for each other.
  • Is this your debut book? Asked by: Ragini
  • Anuvab Pal It is my 4th. The first one was The President Is Coming. The next one was 1 888 Dial India. Then I wrote a non fiction book on Disco Dancer. All are here I think. http://www.flipkart.com/author/anuvab-pal
  • Who are your favourite authors? Asked by: Narayanan
  • Anuvab Pal I read quite a bit of funny stuff. So woody allen, david Sedaris. I like murder stuff so Steig Larsson, Sherlock Holmes. I also read a lot of History, especially Indian history, so a lot of stuff about the Mughal Empire, British Empire, Ramchandra Guha etc.
  • why did you write this book? Asked by: anym
  • Anuvab Pal It is based on a play of mine that toured India. I felt a lot of the story had potential to be explored beyond theatre, hence a novel.
  • sir, as the tagline suggested by TOI can you really suggested some of its content as clever , funny, fun and intelligent?? Asked by: gautam
  • Anuvab Pal Gautam, not sure what "can I really suggested some its content"means but I assume the question is do I agree with the tagline. It is clever, funny, fun and intelligent? I don't know. Depending on someone's taste, they may find it so.
  • Hey sir, are we really gonna read some humorous story content in this book Asked by: Ankit
  • Anuvab Pal Depends on what you think is funny, but yes. I hope you find it funny. It is about two professors so there is quite a bit of conversation about books. They also drink quite a bit and talk about love.

Hosted by

Anuvab Pal
Comedian and author

More chats with:

Anuvab Pal
Comedian and author

On his book 'Chaos Theory'