ibnlive » Chat

4 pm, Dec 05 Dec 05, 2012

Sushma Swaraj and LK Advani's support for Modi

Is Sushma Swaraj and LK Advani's support for Modi limited to the context of the Gujarat elections or does it go beyond that?
This chat is over. Thanks for joining.
39 questions answered | No question pending
  • Lalu Yadav, BSP and some other parties charge BJP with communal politics. Don't you feel that like in the west, political parties should get more involved in national issues? Asked by: gaurav
  • Ashok Malik In principle, yes
  • Why all of a sudden Sushma Swaraj and Advani have started toying different line about Narendra Modi's candidature as PM? Asked by: Shyam Vadalker
  • Ashok Malik Ask them
  • Why the English Media mainly giving too much importance when Sushma and LKA are saying that Narendra Modi is Capable of becoming the PM and fit for PM Post? Does it mean that they are declariong Narendra Modi as the Officla Candidate for PM Post? Asked by: raghavaraokaravadi
  • Lalu Yadav constantly quotes against BJP. Do you think he should join congress? Asked by: gaurav
  • Ashok Malik I think he's quiet happy on his own
  • If SP and BSP vote for conress on the FDI issue in Rajya Sabha, do you think they can still say that they are against FDI (on moral values which of course most politicians don't have) and against BJP because they are supporting FDI and the Left (which says is secular) will also vote against FDI? Asked by: gaurav
  • Ashok Malik That's a comment, not a question
  • BJP cannot reach the magic figure without doing well in UP. Its newly formed forts(i.e. karnataka) are also collapsing. How can it change things in UP in 1.5 years with no leaders in state? Can Modi make so much difference? Asked by: Anurag
  • Ashok Malik In a national election, yes
  • Who in your opinion could be a credible UPA candiadate who can take on Modi/BJP Asked by: thyagu
  • Ashok Malik No idea
  • I have a very simple observations are 1. How 1984 riots are less significant that 2002 riots? Why always target narendra Modi for everything he does? I think congress is frustrated with his candidature? Asked by: sudhindra
  • Ashok Malik Congress is worried, certainly
  • Sir, I have been Modi supporter, But recently Modi opposed FDI, he didn’t give even a single ticket to muslims in Guj Election, Kejriwal’s allegations. After all this How does he make good PM candidate ? Asked by: Vikas Rawat
  • Ashok Malik Very sad
  • From V P Singh example I wanted to suggest that a public endorsement can not be taken at face value.NO? Asked by: Kamal Agg
  • Ashok Malik Inapt comparison
  • Is Sushma Swaraj and LK Advani's support for Modi limited to the context of the Gujarat elections or does it go beyond that? Asked by: RK
  • Ashok Malik They both retain their aspirations
  • Since Kalyan is coming back to BJP fold,how far MODI + KALYAN combination successful in UP in 2014? Asked by: Kalyan
  • Ashok Malik Kalyan is a spent force
  • How will Modi good relationship with the other CMs help him? e.g. Jaya, Naveen, Mamta. Asked by: Abhinav
  • Ashok Malik Depends on the number of seats the BJP wins
  • Assuming BJP gets 220 seats on its own in 2014 , will it risk projecting Modi as a PM candidate, given that he is not acceptable to part of his won party itself, leav alone its allies. Asked by: arun
  • Ashok Malik Any leader who can deliver 220 seats to the BJP will walk into the PMO!
  • sushma and Advani were in gujarat Campaign and said good things about Modi. Why is Media harping more on his PM's candidature than BJP itself .? Asked by: sundar1950in
  • Ashok Malik Well the BJP does need to sort out the prime ministerial candidate issue sooner or later
  • Sir ,the other side of polarization can be the consolidation of fragmented opposition. Can the positive effect of Mr Modis candidature offset it? Your views. Asked by: Kamal Agg
  • Ashok Malik Partly, but not in all states
  • I think this support is only seasonal for the polls in gujrat. After the polls, it will be back to race of PM candidature. Your say? Asked by: Anurag
  • Unless BJP has majority on it's own In LS Modi can not aim for a PM position,which he is aware of .BJP majority on it's own will be a pipe dream. Taking this into consideration indications of Modi as a PM material makes no shift in their positions for Sushma and Advani.Good ploy to help modi without getting out of the race ?? Asked by: sundar1950in
  • Ashok Malik Don't disagree with part II of your observation. Disagree with part I
  • Why is the RSS not making any observations on NaMo as a PM candidate ?? Asked by: sundar1950in
  • Ashok Malik Ask the RSS
  • The goal for BJP is very simple. BJP should get 180-200 LS seats. Shri.Modi has delivered good governance and middle class has reaped benefits in Gujarat.BJP should not take just Nitish Kumar into account and ignore the big picture. What is your view on this ?. Asked by: aditya.yanamand
  • Ashok Malik BJP has to choose it's leader before it chooses the NDA's leader
  • BJP should get 180-200 LS seats in 2014. Is there any leader in BJP who can deliver this goal ?. BJP's high command is in catch 22 situation whether to project Shri.Modi or not which is very understandable but what will be the middle ground for BJP ?. Asked by: aditya.yanamand
  • Ashok Malik Let's see
  • Is polarisation of votes actually a disadvantage in case Modi is projected as PM candidate? because there will also be consolidation of majority votes Asked by: Abhinav
  • Ashok Malik Not necessarily
  • Mr. Ashok who according to you is the best bet to lead the BJP in 2014? Asked by: Nandan
  • Ashok Malik I'd go for a Modi-Jaitley dual ticket
  • Sir, your fan for quiet sometime now. We are getting vious figures from various channels about the no. of seats BJP can win in the Gujarat Polls, Anywhere between 105 - 125. What is your reading? Asked by: Manish Sharma
  • Ashok Malik Not less than 2007
  • Is quiet clear - post Sushma Swaraj and LK Advani's support for Modi - that Mr. Narendra Modi will be the BJP's Prime Ministerial Candidate? Asked by: Manish Sharma
  • Ashok Malik Wish life were that clear and simple
  • I think it's a time to BJP to make Modi as there president and start to make what are the things that cover for long term planning for BJP? so make 2 year plan, 5 year plan? like that? So He will also get time to settle in center. What do you say? I know we in Gujarat loosing him but he makes very good foundation so if the person whom will come CM of Gujarat just follow 50 to 60% it will help gujarat. Asked by: Atir
  • Ashok Malik The BJP only has 15-odd months till the next election. Five year plans are not for politicians!
  • Is Sushma Swaraj playing clever and ensuring that she gets Modi support if 2014 throws a hung parliament Asked by: chinmay
  • Ashok Malik She is a good candidate herself and will need Modi's support to become PM. Modi, in turn, will need her support to become PM
  • Sir in my native town of Tanuku, WG district of AP people are saying they will vote for jagan's YSRC but prefer Modi as PM.Given Modi hasnt visited AP does this not confirm his nation wide popularity Asked by: chinmay
  • Ashok Malik I have come across similar responses from SP voters in UP
  • What is holding back BJP/RSS from clearly anointing Modi as PM candidate when he enjoys unprecedented mass appeal Asked by: chinmay
  • Ashok Malik They fear being swamped by his appeal
  • Is Advani who is still nursing PM ambitions wary of Modi's rising graph Asked by: chinmay
  • Ashok Malik I don't think Advani has given up his prime ministerial hopes
  • Do you think it will be Modi versus chidambaram(both performers) as some papers are saying given Rahul has been a disastrous non starter Asked by: chinmay
  • Ashok Malik Could be an option
  • Akhilesh won 225 seats which even Klayan singh failed to achieve.Do you BJP under Modi will win 220 seats mote than id achieved under ABV-advani combine Asked by: chinmay
  • Ashok Malik Seems a bit too optimistic if you ask me
  • In a direct UPA versus Modi battle who do you think will triumph Asked by: chinmay
  • Ashok Malik Wish I knew!
  • Sir , offset it? Your views.the other side of polarization can be the consolidation of fragmented opposition. Can the positive effect of Mr Modis candidature Asked by: Kamal Agg
  • Ashok Malik Can't understand your question
  • Even V P Singh proposed Devi Lal in the parliamentary board meet.Do you see a parallel or realization of the writing on the wall. Asked by: Kamal Agg
  • Ashok Malik What are you trying to suggest?
  • Left to centre liberals like me who are generally fragmented, what will be their reaction to his candidature? Asked by: Kamal Agg
  • Ashok Malik I can speak for you, my friend
  • Presuming BJP does well and reach 200, Who can theoretically ally with it under his leadership in case Nitish withdraws? One possibility AIADMK, what else? Asked by: Kamal Agg
  • Ashok Malik If the BJP wins 200 seats, and that seems a far cry at the moment, it won't lack options!
  • Do you think that even after choosing Modi as their Prime Minister candidate, BJP will be able to get 180+ seats in next Lok Sabha Elections? Asked by: gaurav
  • Ashok Malik Maybe or maybe not. But if there's anybody who can catapult them to those levels it's Modi
  • Do you believe that there is a dearth of charismatic leaders in BJP? Asked by: gaurav
  • Ashok Malik There're a limited number with national appeal