5.15 pm May 13, 2013
Is the clamour for PM Manmohan Singh's resignation justified?
It is obvious to any dispassionate observer of Indian politics that PM Manmohan Singh has failed to keep his flock of ministers in check. From CWG to 2G, from coal block allocation scam to malpractices in the Railways, UPA-2 has been in the news more for the wrong reasons. In such a situation, is demand for his resignation justified? Discuss this and explore more with the IBN7 managing editor.
24 questions answered | 11 questions pending
- Don't u feel that BJP as of now is no way an altenative to Congress, they may be good opposition like TMC? Asked by: Vijay
- Why is not sonia gandhi and rahul gandhi responsible for these scams ?and if some good thing happen like they win in karnatka.media gives them credit is meding playing double standard.you better know than me that this government is sunned by gandhi family so why not there responsebility Asked by: Adtiya koul srinagar
- hy can't Mr.Manmohan Singh be corrupt? We really don't know what are the things that keep on happening. Afterall, Mr. Manmohan Singh is not a saint or God that he is incorruptible. Asked by: Ishank Sagar
- namaskat sir koyi acha kam hota hai toh sonia gandhi ki tareef...scam hote hai toh unki koyi galti nahi.yeh kaise bedbaw..kya media sonia gandhi ko bachata ...kya sonia gandhi iske liye responsible nahi... Asked by: Vikrant jammu
- While the call of PM's resignation can be debated is it not a fact that any wrong doing of a team member the captain also has responsibility ? Asked by: sundar1950in
- Hypothetically,If the call of Opposition is accepted - Who will step in - Rahul Gandhi ?? Asked by: sundar1950in
- Everyday there is new scam ...dont u think it will be better For congress to disslove the Lok Sabha and go in for fresh election? Do u realisticaaly see congress crossing 100 seats Asked by: Sandeep
- We call MMS one of the best Prime Minister of India, but the fact of the matter is he has incharge right from the Harshad Mehta case to the whole lot of loot in the past couple of years. Either he is part of the looters or he is turning a blind eye or plain ineffective as an administrator. Can India afford such ineffectiveness? Asked by: Rajesh
- He is Honest Man and I read somewhere that His close family members still live very simple life i mean No special security and so on Do you think With Almost no Political Base and Hold in Congress He gets prone to such Situation though Govt survived all scams just beacuse Till date no one could point any fingre on him ? Asked by: amar
- If congress faces the next General election with a new incumbent in PM's chair, will it bring any material difference to its fortunes ? Asked by: SKS
- All parties involved in corruption, but in Colagate all extremely suspicious steps taken by Govt, law Minister interference ,Coal gate report corrected, AG, SG lied to SC.,If they can lied to the highest court of India, what is left by UPA 2 ? Asked by: Hari
- MANMOHAN SINGH, SHOULD VOLUNTARILY STEP OUT PAVING WAY FOR CONGRESS TO DECIDE HIS SUCCESSOR. HE HAS FAILED AND THAT IS IT, HE MAY BE CLEAN OR WHITER THAN WHITE, BUT ANY CONTINUATION IS A BLOT. Asked by: S ESHWAR
- According to me, he should resign as he is absolutely not commenting many issues which is surrounding this govt. He has mis-managed his team badly and in turn the credibility of congress has gone down. The sooner they change PM better for them. What's your take on this?? Asked by: Nagendra R
- WHENEVER WE TALK ABOUT CORRUPTION OF UPA, WE TEND TO START WITH A QUOTE THAT MANMOHAN SINGH IS PERSONALLY HONEST- HOW IT CAN BE HE IE HEADING A GOVERNMENT CONSIDERED TO BE MOST CORRUPT JUST IN TERMS OF QUANTUM OF MONEY INVOLVED? HOW A CEO CAN CLAIM HIS PERSONAL INTEGRITY IS INTACT WHEREAS HIS TEAM MEMBERS ARE MOSTLY CORRUPT Asked by: GURUMURTHY
- Ashutosh I don't deny that but he is involved in corruption I don't believe that . He is honest and till now there is no evidence against him ! Yes he should have been more assertive in dealing with his ministers and should have given that signal to his leadership but he some where he failed ! But let's also face it he survived for so long as PM because he was and is week and mon assertive ! His weekness became his strength !
- Sir, If SC takes strong stand on Coal Scam then PM resignation demand will increase also perception?, then what option left for PM & UPA 2? Asked by: Hari
- If any PM or CM is a mute spectator to any Scam under his nose may be for political compulsion or for his own survival do not u think he should be morally responsible and resign Asked by: BSG
- What is the position of SP and BSP on the demand of PM's resignation by BJP & left ?? Asked by: sundar1950in
- Ashutosh - Do you think the call is for MM's resignation or for removal of UPA 2 Government ? Asked by: sundar1950in
- But isn't it true that whatever happened was in his supervision . Asked by: avinash
- can PM be blames for inaction? Asked by: Rohit
- As per the people view 10th July is more crucial, instead waiting for SC to take strong stand, UPA2 can go for early election to avoid more embracement on Coalgate. Sir, your opinion on this? Asked by: Hari
- Hi.. The honorable thing would be to resign with him being surrounded by all these scams but why is he not doing it?..Is he power hungry?..What is keeping him going?..Is he really a firm believer that this is just a passing phase and that he still can come up with policies that can make life better for Indians?.. Asked by: JK
- Looking from any angle it is good for the PM or else he will down history as that of late Mr. Narasimha Rao. Isn't a fact? Asked by: mohan
- Ashutosh It will be sad if he is remembered in history as PM who presided a cabinet which had serious allegations of scam . But let me tell you that he Is one of the better PM this country has seen . His problem is that he should have spoken more and had acted more strongly against his own party men .
- PM is highest post of our country also it should be clean & away from suspicious but lot of scam no immediate action, in 2G PM filed affidavit & coalgate he is a coal min & extreme coverups taken place, is anything left to justify PM to continue ? Asked by: Hari
Managing Editor, IBN7
More chats with:Ashutosh
Managing Editor, IBN7