Managing Editor, IBN7
Managing Editor, IBN7
Oct 26, 2012 | Closed
Jindal vs Zee TV: Ethics of sting operations
IBN7's Managing Editor Ashutosh will join us for a chat on ethics of sting operations.
- IBN news par kitna bharosa kiya ja sakta hain? Asked by: aam aadmi
- Its up to you .
- Why are you differentiating between the channel and its reporters?They were not asking for themselves? Asked by: Kamal Agg
- Channel should take moral responsibility but same channel has no such history in past. Some times people in high offices commit mistakes and institutions are damaged.
- It should be Ethical to report on unethical practices by sting operations. Using Decoy is an official process for investigative agencies also. Many crimes are eliminated in initial stages by sting/decoy usage. STING should be encouraged to hurt and stop the wrong doers. Asked by: sundar1950in
- In my opinion sting operation should not be rule but an exception . once all the instruments to expose corruption is exhausted only then sting should be used.
- Yesterday you told that Editors(I say news man ) are also given responsibility not only to sell news but also to get the Adds of clients for the survival of the news channel. This is completely true, but media should not go in wrong way which will be a live example for other reporters to blackmail any other person for money. Dont you feel that this would be a big negative learning for all other news groups ?? Asked by: Rabindra
- Editors should do the job of editing a paper or channel . if they get involved in commercial side of the business , there is always a danger of crossing the line .
- How do we address this problem? Zee has been caught red handed trying to extort money from corporates. If there are no ethics in the Media, whom will the people trust? How will democracy survive in such situations? Asked by: Karthik
- Its a case of kind of journalists . Majority of them are honest and doing their job honestly and fearlessly.
- zee news say they were trying to trying to act as dumies then where is their own tape Asked by: Aekkus
- Sting operation does not prove that .
- Is there any way of forming a channel by and for an aam aadmi where people like deepak sharma can be included, any personal suggestions? Asked by: aam aadmi
- Its a very expensive affair .
- Will journalists also be scared of sting operations now? Asked by: Dhawan
- If i am doing something wrong i should be scared , if i am honest , why should be worried ?
- How one can differentiate between a credible report and non credible report when every news reporter knows how to act? Asked by: Special Aadmi
- You have to see to believe it .
- Indian media has been responsible in it's sting operations.be it Lakshmaan of BJP or the many investigative exposes going on NOW. the worry is that at later stage the media and GOI use the short timed memory of public and the ISSUE is forgotten. Does this reflect that the media is not interested in Cleansing the society but capitalising for commercial purposes the sting/Investicative operations ??/ Asked by: sundar1950in
- Firstly let me assure media as such is doing good job , A section is indulging in corrupt practices . Secondly, media keeps exposing corrupts . You watch channels and newspapers you will realize that. Media does need money to run its operations . But that does not mean start selling news for money. Paid news is condemn-able
- wrapping up on the tapes/CD/Camera if the sting operations of media shows a criminal activity being engaged why does the police wait for a complaint to be lodged and not act based on the reporting ?? is it necessary in criminal law that unlessa complaint is lodged Police cannot act on prima facie solid evidences of a criminal act ?? Asked by: sundar1950in
- Law has its own process and way to deal with the things.
- The Zee TV for once on other side has taken the common defence plea of many alleged wrong doers - - of the Tape having been edited and doctored. The whole game is murky since the Steel company has not discussed on allegations made and come to the MEDIA on the Bribery charge.DO you get any reason- justifiable - for Jindal's legal army not having gone to police to lodge a complaint with the type of recorded evidence they had with them ?? Asked by: sundar1950in
- Jindals had already filed an FIR in this matter.
- In the atmosphere of rampant inequality, why we dream of becoming a superpower? Asked by: Pratik
- Those who stop dreaming will never achieve any thing. Chase your dreams.
- zee is not only blackmailing Jindal but the whole country.Your veiws please? Asked by: Pratik
- Dont blame Zee as a channel but the journalists.
- do you think aaj tak journalist Deepak sharma has done a good job in the press conference of Salman Khurshid? Asked by: aam aadmi
- Ethics gets flushed in drains as soon as greed & monetary exchange takes place. what ethics we are talking about? Asked by: Pat
- If you are ethical, how will you be flushed in drain of greed ?
- Sir,do you think if sting operation is been conducted with an honest motive of exposing somebody's greed,which hurts the basic principles of our democratic institutions,is fair and ethical? Asked by: Somil Pahuja
- Some time democracy need to be shaken to wake people from slumber. Honest sting operation will not undermine democracy , rather it will strengthen democracy.
- should we start watching door darshan now?? Asked by: aam aadmi
- Your wish .
- Zee is now defensive, so do we expect that it will completely revel the truth of the Black face of Naveen Jindal or it will be again a back door handshake to cool down the case ? What is your view sir. Asked by: Rabindra
- I am not worried what a particular channel is doing , i am more worried about the journalists are doing , editors are doing. if they are on the right side , channel will be on the right side.
- which channel is the best now in terms of corruption? Asked by: aam aadmi
- I dont have proof to pass judgment. Sorry
- what is your view which channel people should watch now? Asked by: aam aadmi
- There is enough choices , choose you feel comfortable and credible.
- There are 2 major perspectives to be addressed: 1) If Jindal was clean Zee TV wouldn't have any chances to blackmail or extort. 2) Assuming Jindal is clean and Zee TV was just taking advantage of being a media, Jindal doesn't have to waste his valuable time and resources on this operation. What if the whole episode is a drama by Jindal just to rub off current coal issue from people's mind?? Asked by: K Lokesh
- The episode is not entirely untrue. One fault cant justify another.
- I believe self regulation works better, but when things come into public, why most of journalists seems to be on defensive to protect themselves? Asked by: Zareef Ahmed
- Not most but a few are defensive. if one of the members of the media is caught in wrong doing, he or she should be condemned not entire community.
- If you sting others, one day you too will get stung. Would you agree that people living in glass houses should not throw stones at others with respect to the media? Asked by: kaushik bhowal
- One should do its job honestly.
- Is media being targeted by the corrupt politicians? Asked by: aam aadmi
- Media is always targeted by corrupts but it is the responsibility of the media to not cross the line.
- Do u think in this case Attack is the best defense rule followed by Jindal? Asked by: Amlan
- There are two things , Journalists were indulging in some kind of wrong doing and did cross the Lakshaman Rekha . They were not supposed to bargain fro money to run a story or stop a story that is fundamental. Sting operation has shown that. But there is another side of the story. Jindals are involved in some kind of wrong doing in coal gate according to the CAG report. One cant justify other . Both are wrongs and should be looked that way only.
- We always media is always correct. But there are too many corrupt practices going on. I feel only the unity between media/journalist is saving many wrong doings. I fell Mr Naveen Jindal had guts to do and done it great. My advice is every different media company should show wrong doing, even though they are of same community.Sir your comments.... Asked by: sam
- Media does not spare any one. i hope it will keep doing that .
- It seems both are guilty. Jindal in Coalgate,Z TV in Sting operation. Asked by: Narendra Arya
- You are right, prima fascie it looks like .
More chats with:Ashutosh
Managing Editor, IBN7