6 pm Nov 26, 2012
Launch of Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party
Does Arvind Kejriwal's newly-launched Aam Aadmi Party have any future in India?
19 questions answered | No question pending
- Hello Mr Ashutosh, do you think kejriwal is the right man to have power (as he is one of the favorites with a good fan following from the youth of the country for the upcoming elections) since he has his own ways of dealing with the issues whether democratic or not Asked by: Nitesh Srivastava
- What are the positives for this party? Asked by: Sandeep Rao
- What chances does the party have in the Delhi Assembly elections? Will the people actually vote for AAP? Asked by: Arun Sudarsan
- Dear Ashutosh, Arvind Kejriwal has started on a different note from others w.r.t his party and its launch. But does he have anything to offer. The name Aam Aadmi is no different from say a Praja Rajyam? He is saying he does not want power? How is he proposing to change the system without being in power? He does not seem sure of what he wants to do Asked by: Narayanan
- Ashutosh Exercising power and feeling powerful are two different things. Problem is when one get intoxicated with power. Politicians have become too arrogant due to power at their disposal . This has to change. Politicians are given power to serve people but they started serving themselves . But this does not mean that very one is like that . There are good politicians who have power at their disposal but they are not arrogant and believe in using thier power to change lives of the people. Arvind says he believe in giving power to people through Swaraj,lets see if it really happens ?
- By splitting with Anna do you feel that Arvind has shown that he is overambitious and is not a good team man Asked by: Rij
- now onwards, party's every movement, every statement will be considered as political then what will happen to the non-political agenda such as making india corruption free, cause the party has been formed using the present frames of references Asked by: Subodh Deshpande
- I try to understand the journey of Team Arvind into phases: Phase 1 – Hulla Bol and expose people and gain the confidence of the nation and rightly so. The team demonstrated the courage of conviction. Phase 2- Which is more important that Team Arvind demonstrates thought leadership in building the nation. The Team needs to spell their vision beyond “Aam Aadmi” and Referendum. Your views in the Team’s ability to envisage and lead and direct the aspirations of the people of the nation. Ashutosh, through you may I take this opportunity to reach to Team Arvind for the above Asked by: Kumar Ajay
- will anna hazare team get people's support without kejriwal? Asked by: aam aadmi
- Why is Arvind forming a party when his motto was only to eradicate corruption and not to represent people and to form various policies like education, foreign and to run economy which is lot more complex and he will have to come out with clear manifesto so is not there deviation of objectives Asked by: Hitesh
- Do you feel Arvind will be able to have money and muscle power for fighting and winning elections as till now his main focus is on press conferences and exposures and he is not willing to support movement by fast like Anna Asked by: Manush
- have you enrolled yourself in our party? Asked by: aam aadmi
- first of all best luck to the party supported and promoted by media, sincerely. Apart from their agenda/goals what are the challenges the party may face Asked by: Subodh Deshpande
- Ashutosh Their biggest challenge is to make people realise that they are serious player in politics. second challenge would be to have their organisation in every corner of the country. Thirdly to find honest workers and office bearers for the party. 4thly he has to change the mind set of the people that politics is not about arithmetic of caste and religion.
- will his party will become a delhi based another regional party, if so what is the future of the party main moto Asked by: Subodh Deshpande
- A lot of promises given by aam aadmi party,but history has witnessed many such revolutions that actually got failed in long term governance,what one can expect from AAP? is it not like a political leader promises before the elections and fails later..? how this party can actually take up the confidence of people where people are still divided like vote banks...? Asked by: prashant,nitjsr
- First of all your thoughts on name of the party (not very innovative). The other thing is why so much focus on Delhi/NCR. What about other regions of this country ? Asked by: Abhijeet Mishra
- Ashutosh I have no problem with the name. They have been talking about AAM ADAMI for long and to establish a relationship they got out AAM ADMI cap . So in way its continuation. secondly for a new party its very difficult to have an all India Base and structure. Its very very difficult and onerous job. So as they gather a muscle power of people and other resources , they will go to other parts of the country. And by then it will also help them in assessing the pros and cons of real politics.
- A party or group can take certain positions such as exposing corruption / poor governance etc. For these Arvind and his team should be applauded for their courage of conviction. The team has yet to show the intellectual capacity to convince the nation it it's ability to govern. Your views please... Asked by: Ajay Kumar
- Ashutosh Yes you have raised a very pertinent question. He caught the attention of the people as he was pursuing a single point agenda and up to certain extent he succeeded . But to carve a niche as a political party he has to roll out entire program of governance and has to convince people of India that it is doable.
- Arvind has truely got an agenda which most sensible people want. but do yopu think that we are ready for this and get out of the clutches of the corrupt system? May be it may take time.The earlier the better. Asked by: Arun
- Ashutosh What Arvind is aspiring is an ideal situation but ideally all the political parties should be doing this . but big question is can he sustain it ? if he succeeds in setting an agenda for the rest of the parties . then it will change the course of Indian Polity. but its very long battle and not an easy one too.
- can a party change the corruption in the country.it has to come from the pepole and its the ppl who have change themsleves from the root.how will this party bring change when the system is corrupt. Asked by: saravanan
- No high command, no president and people with good profiles in its national executives. Sir the party has shown many signs of a democratic party and party of good people.And it has also got admiration of many intellectuals along with Anna and bedi. Sir, how far it is from being an ideal party Asked by: Vikas Rawat
Managing Editor, IBN7
More chats with:Ashutosh
Managing Editor, IBN7