5 pm Jan 23, 2013
Will a change of guard be able to salvage BJP's situation?
Will a change of guard be able to salvage BJP's situation? Talk to one of the country's top political journalists to find out.
16 questions answered | 11 questions pending
- Rajnath Singh was earlier also at the helm but the bJP lost mandate then. Do you think that he has what it takes to help BJP or is it a mistake again by BJP as he doesn't seem to be all accepted and charismatic? Asked by: Gaurav
- Hello sir, wouldn't Venkaiah Naidu have been a better choice? Asked by: mahima, bangkok
- I think it will not change any situation.. Situation will change when they will declare Modi as PM candidate and give him full support.. What is your saying? Asked by: Atir
- Does BJP has any chances of coming closer to power post 2014 elections, since they have miserably failed as opposition party and with all there internal issues? Asked by: adni
- How can Rajnath Singh revive BJP's chances atleast in UP? Asked by: Akhil
- Don't you feel Gadkari was unfairly targeted? Asked by: Prakash Nair
- Do You think that corruption is actually an issue in Indian elections? Asked by: Akhil
- Bhupendra Chaubey I am somehow still not convinced Akhil that one can win or lose elections in India on the basis of corruption. Elections are won or lost on the basis of multiple factors. Corruption is just one of them. A bigger reason on which elections could be lost or won is price rise and inflation.
- Hi Bupen, Good Afternoon, Can Rajnath Singh control the factions within the BJP. Earlier term as president from 2006 to 2009, Mr Singh shared a fractious relationship with Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi. 2) Rajnath Singh as President once agian roadblock for Modi to be PM Candidate? Thanks & regards Jagannath Asked by: Jagannath Pujar
- If you see the BJP now, they dont seem to have any choice but for NaMo. All their other leaders seem cliched and/or old. Is BJP losing the advantage it has over the Congress, by these moves Asked by: Narayan
- Karnatak going down,Jharkhand gone,Himachal lost - will the new president be helped to build up the base at such short notice for the GE of 2014 ? Asked by: sundar1950in
- Was the IT RAIDS of 22nd January the lone reason for the last minute change in the Prez nomimee ? Asked by: sundar1950in
- Unanimity drama. Outgoing Prez appears with the new incumbent. The veteran rebel leader pays encomium to outgoing Prez. Politicians seem to better Bollywood actors. So where is that Party with the difference ? Asked by: sundar1950in
- Will the decision by Shri Gadkari to resign from the post of President will help BJP to improve its tarnished image? Asked by: Shaym Vadalker
- Bhupendra Chaubey Shaym, if anything, events of last 24 hrs have shown the BJP in extremely poor light. At the last moment, falling under pressure because of govt raids on Gadkari, shows that the decision to give second term to Gadkari was ill conceived one. Think damage has been done to BJP as it will be remembered for being v v divisive.
- what is your opinion about Congress's response and action against corruption accusation against their ministers and robert vadera? in compare to BJP's action against Yeddyurappa, Nishank, Gadkari? Asked by: VV Prakasan
- Don't you think sushma swaraj was the best choice for the post of BJP president? Asked by: Prithviraj Chavan
- do you see a situation in 2014 general election where BJP though may have less than congress seats but can form Govt with the support of Parties which are opposed to Congress like TMC,AIADMK,BJD, YSR Cong Asked by: Akhil
Hosted byBhupendra Chaubey
National affairs editor, CNN-IBN
More chats with:Bhupendra Chaubey
National affairs editor, CNN-IBN