4 pm Apr 02, 2013
Maharashtra drought: how acute is the problem?
Discuss the intensity of the Maharashtra drought, its causes, possible interventions and more with one of India's leading food policy analysts.
9 questions answered | No question pending
- what were activists doing when MH govt clandestinely manipulated water allocation policy to give priority to industry? Asked by: bhaz
- Sugarcane is a high water-requiring (with an average of 20 megalitres of water/ha) crop ,Why govt is not discouraging farmers from cultivating that in drought prone areas? Asked by: Rajeev
- As per my understanding such problems can resolved only through mass movements (water consrvation initiatives by anna hazare,TARUN BHARAT ETC ETC) and public awareness.Politicians and corporates will try have mamaximum controll over the resources. Asked by: BSG
- How can this drought be curtailed in future? Is it right to host IPL in 2 stadiums when state is under severe drought Asked by: Kashyap
- What is the intensity of Maharashtra drought? Asked by: Priya
- How much did water saved by playing DRY Holi in Mumbai did helped Maharashtra`s drought hit area?? . . Why dont people invest in R&D on this area n bring up innovative solution?? Asked by: Madhava
- What are the causes? Asked by: laxman
- Dont you think that the amount of money that is being spent of relief and all should actually be spent on things like pipelines or dams so that in future it gets better. This drought thing will happen every year, so the govt will give relief again and again. How foolish can one be. And god knows how much relief money is actually given to the actual user.All tax payers money are being wasted big time. Asked by: G.
- If drought is severe,why cant government shutdown sugarcane refineries for a while which consume lot of water? Asked by: Rajeev