ibnlive » Chat

4 pm Apr 17, 2013

Actor Jaideep Ahlawat on playing AK74, the villain, in 'Commando - A One Man Army'

Jaideep Ahlawat's performances in 'Gangs of Wasseypur' and 'Vishwaroop' were received well. He has now played a typical Bollywood baddie with the unusual screen name of AK74 in director Dilip Ghosh's 'Commando - A One Man Army'. Talk to the actor about his experiences and upcoming projects.
This chat is over. Thanks for joining.
23 questions answered | No question pending
  • Hi Jaideep You were brilliant and awe-inspiring in both GOW and Commando and handled both genres with aplomb.Do you feel you have been typecast in villanious roles. Asked by: Anshuman Sahu
  • Jaideep Ahlawat Well, 1st of all thank you so much for the compliment Sahu. and i dont think that i have been typecast in villainous roles. its just the start i think it will be too early to say it.
  • upcoming hindi movie,i like u r character!!! Asked by: vinay bhardwaj
  • Jaideep Ahlawat you will get the information very soon pankaj. it little soon to declare :)
  • How is south film industry different from Bollywood in terms of functioning? Asked by: Anuj
  • Jaideep Ahlawat well, I havent done that many films in south indutry to actually answer this one. but, I just love Dr. Kamal Hasan and i really wanna do more films with him and many more directors in that industry
  • One word about Kamal Hassan please Asked by: Ravi
  • Was the film 'Commando - A One Man Army' challenging to you? Asked by: Deepak
  • Jaideep Ahlawat yes, it was for sure.
  • Which movie you enjoyed shooting the most- 'Gangs of Wasseypur' and 'Vishwaroop' or 'Commando'? Asked by: Honey
  • Jaideep Ahlawat Everyone Deepak. every film is close to me. every character is came from me only. that was me feeling all those emotions. so that why every one was great
  • Do you think movies bring change to the society? Asked by: gaurav
  • Jaideep Ahlawat Yes, they do sometimes.
  • Jaideep, nalla irukeengala.. hahaa i was testing ur tamil skill. Well i dont have anything to ask . Just wanted to say. U rocked in Vishwaroopam.. Looking forward for Vishwaroopam 2. Asked by: Ravi
  • Jaideep Ahlawat Tamil Nalla Pesran .... hahahhaha ... thanks for the compliment Anuj.its Coming Soon in India. hahaha
  • How was your experience of working in the film 'Commando'? Asked by: Honey
  • Jaideep Ahlawat a great experience Ravi. i got to the suppressed emotions in me. it was a journey of experiments and Expressions
  • What was the reason you chose to act in the movie 'Commando'? Asked by: Himanshu
  • Jaideep Ahlawat the reasons .. well, few of them i can say. 1st, it was a character, that i never played before. 2nd, it was something which i believed, was hard to pull off. it was larger than life i wanted to make it believable ... and so many things ... and, i had 2 songs too .. hahahhahahaah
  • Hello Jaideep. first of all Congratulations for Commando. My question is related with Horror Genre as are you open to explore this genre as well? & what'd you think are areas indian horror films have to work in to produce wonderful horror films acceptable around the world? Thank you Asked by: Tarun
  • Jaideep Ahlawat Deepak, Thanks so much for your wishes. Yaaa, i do think so. but, problem is that, i think, we never understood the concept of horror in indiam cinema. horror is very basic emotion. we fear from unknown things. everyone does. but we lack this thing in our horror films. we wanna show it on face value, like , this the ghost aur ab daro. we dont fear from ghost, we fear from the idea of ghost's presence. u know, what i mean
  • Jaideep Ahlawat, what was ur charater in 'Gangs of Wasseypur'? part 1 or 2? Asked by: Vengsarkar
  • Jaideep Ahlawat Himanshu, I played 'Shahid Khan' in part 1
  • Your favourtie Bollywood actor? Asked by: Isha
  • Jaideep Ahlawat Irrfan Khan. Paresh Rawal, Amrish Puri, Om Puri, Manoj Bajpai. Bahut hain ... hahahaa
  • How do you choose the scripts for the films? Asked by: Farhan
  • Jaideep Ahlawat it depends on many things ... ist the script then how important is the role ... who is the director, .. etc ..
  • What is your preference - commercial or offbeat movies? Asked by: yamini
  • Jaideep Ahlawat Gaurav ... a good combination of Both :)
  • Any advise you want to give to struggling actors? Asked by: Karthik
  • Jaideep Ahlawat 1st one ... dont think you are struggling ... you are evolving in the process. there is no concept of struggling actors .. hahahaha .. every actor struggle in some or the other way .. 2nd thing is that .. Believe in yourself and work hard guys. aaraam haram hai ... do something .. even if you are alone, do something. challenge yourself ...
  • What are your upcoming projects? Asked by: Urmi
  • Jaideep Ahlawat well Urmi, i will be shooting for Vishwaroop part 2 very soon. and 2 more untitled projects almost final. now, i am looking for good roles. challenging one and big one .. :) :)
  • At what stage in your life did you felt that acting is what you are made for..was it from childhood? Asked by: komal
  • Jaideep Ahlawat no,i felt it very late. after my graduation actually. till then i wanted to be an Army Officer :)
  • Does South still interest you ? Asked by: Gunjan
  • Jaideep Ahlawat yes Deepak ... Films interest me .. no matter south, north , east , west ... good stories, scripts , roles... thats what i want
  • Hi Jaideep, first of all congratulations for wonderful performance in the movie. How do you feel the scope of villains in Bollywood? Do you think the movies nowadays are lacking the stories and effective dialogues? Asked by: Pankaj Singh
  • Jaideep Ahlawat Hey urmi ... Thanks for the compliments. well, till date there are heroes in film ... there will be villains .. so, scopes are good. Thants the ballance, u know. well, i dont think that films are lacking good stories or dialogues .. its just that there are not there all the time. infact, i wanna say that indian cinema is going through its best .. and why bacause, we are making the film of different concepts and genres ... there is space for every kind of film
  • Your wish list of directors, you want to work with? Asked by: Sneha
  • Jaideep Ahlawat Deepak ... there are many .. wanna work with Imtiyaz ali, Dibakar, Vishal Bhardwaz and list goes on .. give me good roles and i am on :)
  • Do you listen to film critics? Asked by: anurag
  • Jaideep Ahlawat well, Sneha ... i do listen sometimes
  • Was the film 'Commando - A One Man Army' challenging to you? Asked by: Deepak
  • Jaideep Ahlawat Yes, it was for sure. it was a character which you dont see commonly. with a unique look and behaviour.

Hosted by

Jaideep Ahlawat
Actor