Science Topper, DPS RK Puram
Science Topper, DPS RK Puram
May 30, 2012 | Closed
Success mantra from CBSE Class 12th topper(Science)
Kshitij Jain from DPS RK Puram has topped the science stream with 98%. IBNLive has invited the proud topper to share his success mantra.
- many congratulations Kshitij, however, what is your advice for young aspirants, who may have struggled hard to achieve their goals, without much success tho ? Asked by: Mansoor Rizvi
- I advice them to never give up and keep striving for excellence. Life doesnt end here.If you aspire, you can achieve much greater heights at a later stage in life as well. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND DONT GET UPSET! :)
- For how many hours a day one should study to crack IIT. Asked by: Anand
- If you study with full intensity and concentration I think 8 hours on an average is sufficient. However, during the last days 10-12 hrs is required.
- Congragulations Kshitij on your achievement and thanks for answering my doubts... Asked by: Gokul
- You're welcome! :D
- Which reference books do you suggest to study in Physics, Chemistry and Maths apart from NCERT books. Asked by: Anand
- I used the Vidyamandir study material. From what I've heard: Physics- HC Verma Chemistry- Class notes and NCERT are enough Maths- RD Sharma
- when u didn't feel like studying how did u convince urself ? Asked by: bidipta
- Reminding myself of what I want to do, remembering what my teachers say, and talking to my parents about it helped me to convince myself to study. I picked up the topics that i liked whenever I was encountered by such a situation.
- Congratulations man !! It makes me happy to see that my old alma mater and VMC has churned out another Board and JEE topper for the second year running. So, how did you manage VMC and its late schedule and CBSE ? ( I assume you were in Regular ie. FCC ? ) Asked by: Ajax
- Thank You! Yes i was in VMC regular course. I trusted the teachers and followed whatever they told me.I tried to maintain good attendance in school so that I am able to keep up with the Boards preparation instead of just preparing during the last days. When you are clear and confident of the topics,there is not much difference left between what you are preparing for JEE and what you are doing for boards.
- What is generally the way for answering questions for science,especially physics? Asked by: Gokul
- While answering questions, you should think of the examiner as a student who you are trying to explain the answer to a particular question. Reading the examiner's mind and figuring out what he expects is helpful.
- What do you think about best time for studies? Asked by: Gokul
- During exams I think it is best to set your biological clock suiting the timings of exams. In the due course of the journey, to each his own. I preferred to not stay up very late as I had to attend school the next day.
- Kshitij will you go to overseas if you are offered a good salary or you would like to stay in India (be honest when you answer) Asked by: Vicky.
- Presently, I do not aim of going overseas. I am happy to stay in India. Rest, you never know where life takes you.
- do you think poor i.e whose family income is low Permonth 10000/- can manage todays compettions exams? Asked by: Chanchal
- It is very difficult for them i'll say to find means to study and remain aware.But history tells us that students from financially poor backgrounds have performed exceedingly well. No one can stop a person from excelling if he/she has the potential and desire to perform well in the competitive exams.
- Great, All the best. How what your rank in JEE Asked by: Pankaj Umar
- Thank You! My JEE rank-402
- Most difficult situation that you had faced during your preparation and during the exam??? Asked by: Sourav
- I ahve been into socialization from the beginning a lot. To stay away from family functions and cut out most of the outings with friends was a difficult part.During the exam it sometimes so happened that i felt blank and couldnt solve many questions consecutively.It used to be a panicky situation but I tried to tackle it. For that i used to just flip to another section and come back to the earlier questions later.
- how did u manage studying phy? Asked by: Disha
- Physics was tough in the beginning but slowly I developed interest in Physics and it all started to seem easy. I mainly focussed on clearing my concepts and learning to apply them in various situations by attempting as many questions as possible.
- how much do you believe in acads as opposed to industry experience? Have you kept in mind the industry and (any) technology while preparing for the acads? Asked by: Ash Poonawala
- I think upto class 12th,academics should be the main focus. I never kept any industry or technology in mind while preparing for the acads but yeah I did have a passion for computer science.
- Have you ever failed academically in your life? Asked by: Rajan
- To be honest, I havent had any major failure academically in my life till now.I thank God for that! :)
- What more advice will you give to students who are now entering to 11th (Science stream), like if they find maths/science is very hard to follow at start ? Asked by: Vishnu
- My advice would be to not panic and give up as finding maths/science hard in 11th in the beginning is very normal( 10th to 11th is a big leap).Slowly, developing interest in science is what will help a lot. A few initial poor results should not demoralise you.
- Congrats! Do you think self preparation is good enough to do well in board as well as IIT exams? Asked by: Beaver
- You do need guidance from teachers time to time. They are the ones who can tell you correctly what to do as thay have a lot of experience. Self study is a very important factor though that develops your confidence from the inside and helps you to grip the topic properly.
- Kshitij - Congratulations on your achievement. What are your thoughts about theoretical Vs. practical knowledge? do you think our country has the right schooling structure in place to make students "globally" smart? Asked by: Harsh
- Thank You! Both theoretical as well as practical knowledge are important. Without knowing the theory, performing well in practicals is a very difficult task.But once you are through with theory, application in the practicals is very important to grow. I'd say that our schooling system is very good( leaving a few minor glitches that should be improved ) for the overall development of students.
- congratzz......haow did u go about your preparation.... wat guides and books did u refer.....and how r u plannin to study for IIT.... awaiting your reply anxiously... Asked by: Kaushik
- I followed whatever my teachers told me sincerely.I stuck to the main books( NCERT, class notes) for strengthening my basics and referred to supplementary books like U-like and Pradeep's only for Solved previous year papers and model test papers in the last few days. I ahve already cleared the IIT exam by following the abovesaid strategy.I used Vidyamandir classes study material for extra preparation for IITJEE.
- What has motivated you to achieve top marks in 12th standard knowing it cannot get u a MBBS seat? Asked by: Anand
- I being a non-medical student was not aiming for an MBBS seat. But time to time I have been motivated to perform well by my family, friends and most importantly TEACHERS!
- till what time u prepare during nights Asked by: satish
- I didnt follow any fixed schedule but I tried not to be late than 2:00 in the night. In the exam days, I set my biological clock according to the exam timings to simulate the exam conditions.
- did u really think whether you will score like this Asked by: satish
- I aimed for the best during my preparation, but never kept any expectations for results. When your preparation is good, you do end up getting good results!
- which book you used for physics?? Asked by: gauri
- I used the study material of Vidyamandir classes and NCERT Physics books for physics. As a supplement I used to keep HC Verma for any doubts that I had.
- How did you cope with the pressure from school as well as from parents? Asked by: chowdary
- To ease the pressure, I used to remain calm and composed whatever be the situation. I kept myself happy by watching comedy shows,movies, listening to music and other stuff without deviating from my actual path. I tried to find fun in whatever i did.
- can u give me some tips on how to prepare for phy and chem? Asked by: Disha
- For physics I'll say that concepts are the key. The joy of understanding and applying physics during studies is really a good feeling. There are some topics in physics which you will have to mug up beyond a point of understanding so that you are able to write well in exams. Chemistry is a topic that requires a consistent effort. Right from class XIth you have to do the topics well at the first time but revision of the topics after a certain period of time is a necessity.
- HI Kshitij.....Congrats and wish u all the best for ur future....hats off for u....I've a small bro who is presently in 12 std COMP SCI....Suggest some tips for him from ur experience. Asked by: Ravi Raj (Binnaguri)
- Thank You! For Computer Science, I think school studies are more than enough.Paying attention to what the teacher is saying, questioning whenever you have a doubt and trying new questions regularly so that you gain confidence in programming is very helpful. ALL THE BEST!
- congrats!!! for ur sucess all the best for ur future Asked by: ravicharan
- Thanks a ton! :)
- Many congratulations on your grand success. Qn: What type of preparation that helped you to achieve this result? Asked by: PPV
- Science is all about concepts.If you are confident that you know the concepts,you will be able to perform well.To test this,analyze yourself after doing a topic(theory) whether you can apply them easily in questions as well.
- Hearty Congratulations on your success. I am now in Class 8 from Bangalore. How did you plan your studies from the beginning? Most importantly how did you keep your concentration going since I tend to lose concentration quite quickly. Also did you go for external tutions or did the school teaching suffice? I intend following your footsteps and keenly await your feedback. Thanks in advance and Congratulations again. Asked by: Chandini Manjunath
- Thank You! Concentration power is something that cant be improved in a day.It is a gradual process. Most important is to keep away from distractions while you are studying. When you feel that you are losing concentration, you can take a short break(15 mins or so) and return to study, this time a new subject. School teaching can suffice if you are attending classes properly and clear your doubts regularly.I did keep tuitions so that I could prepare something extra from school studies and develop my aptitude in science. Hope it helps!
- congrts....... whtzz ur nxt aim.. Asked by: vicky
- Thank You! My next aim is to join IIT and perform there as well as I can.
More chats with:Kshitij Jain
Science Topper, DPS RK Puram