4 pm Jan 04, 2013
Is the DMK succession issue finally settled?
Is the DMK succession issue finally settled? Talk to Meenakshi Mahadevan of CNN-IBN to find out.
31 questions answered | No question pending
- Why does Karunanidhi wear a yellow shawl all the time? Asked by: Anto Peter
- Who is easier to handle? Stalin or Alagiri? what do party workers say? Asked by: Bill Bucanan
- If Azhagiri competes for the party leadership this time, then Stalin and Kanimozhi would compete too. A four-way competition is something MK wouldn't have seen all his life as party leader. Atleast it would show some light on what the party thinks should be their leader!! Asked by: Ramesh
- Meenakshi Mahadevan the competition is something Karunanidhi will have to see till the end of his life.. He has made it clear he will continue as party leader till his last breath, so he'll have to be putting up with the tussle for power within his own house and party.. And as for knowing what his party workers wamnt, i guess he knows the answer very well.
- What is the relationship between the two alliance partners cong and DMK? Is the alliance stable? Asked by: tom
- As a journalist if u have to say something that Stalin lacks...what would that be? Asked by: Tony Almeda
- Why cant Karunanidhi conduct a survey to find out the party workers choice? Asked by: Jerry
- People say M K Alagiri is more polite with party men than his younger brother M K Stalin? Asked by: Innocent jerry
- Is Karunanidhi having a Gameplan? His recent statement has some hidden meaning? what do u think? Asked by: Kuttan Ammatan
- There is a larger issue of promoting dynasty over merit , A young and aspiring India may not take these kind of politics for long , Rahul Gandhis popularity may be a good indication, Does young India look up to him as a role model or as an agent for change , May be the use by date is nearing for such parties , Asked by: bharat
- Is M K Alagiri's son Durai Dayanidhi contesting in upcoming 2014 General elections? Asked by: Neena Myres
- Do you think Karunanidhi made a mistake by bringing too many people from the family into politics? Asked by: Kim
- Corruption was definitely an issue in 2011 assembly elections and 2G was an issue? Asked by: Chole O Brain
- What about Marans? where do they stand? Asked by: Jerry
- Who will the congress ally with in 2014? DMK or ADMK? Asked by: MAAKAN
- Stalin wil still be powerless in his brother's own land-Madurai, Nellai, Tuiticorin & rest other south TN zones even after this statement by his father? Asked by: Anto, Bangalore
- At the age of 60 Stalin is called as the Youth Icon of the party? do you think today's younger generation is ready to accept him as a youth leader? Asked by: Bhondu Ram
- Do you think 2G scam will be an issue in the upcoming General elections? Asked by: Chole O Brain
- Well, the madurai strongman's late arrival is surely aimed at the throne but where stalin has spent more than half of his life in politics since the days he questioned the administration & authority of mrs.Indira gandhi. After all these yrs, If he has given the helm means its like Prince charles finally succeeding his Queen mother. Do u think Mr.Kalaignar has failed to realize & recognize his younger son's capabililities otherwise it may look like his sons were immature until now to hold a such powerful party on their own? Asked by: Anto, Bangalore
- Meenakshi Mahadevan Even now, he has not been named the successor.. Lets listen to his statement carefully.. Karunanidhi says he would continue to work "for the upliftment of society" till the last breath of his life and the answer to who would do that "after" him is Stalin.. Its of course a strong hint - maybe stronger than he had veer hinted earlier.. But i have this feeling this isnt the end of this story! We will hear more soon..
- How will the party be under Stalin's leadership? Asked by: Maakan
- Is the anti-incumbency wind already blowing against jaya? Asked by: avishek
- There is a theory that Karunanidhi wants his sons to be rivals so that he can enjoy the power? Is Karunanidhi playing politics against his sons? Asked by: Jack Bauer
- Any news on Kanimozhi's take on this? She would also like to eat her share of pie... Asked by: Ramesh
- DOnt you feel that the best bet for DMK is perhaps Stalin,SO far has a clean and Moderate image , No taint of corruption , SO what is holding the actual annoitation Asked by: bharat
- Where will Kanimolhi fits in this succession list,She was projected as National figure of DMK??? Asked by: Kiran_KK
- Meenakshi Mahadevan Its interesting you use the past tense.. If Karunanidhi were to see this, he would be furious.. :P But seriously, Im sure Karunanidhi is thi nking of these very questions and thats why the "succession plan" hasn't really been chalked out clearly yet.. But rest assured, Karunandhi must be having a plan for Kanimozhi too..
- Can Stalin match Jaya in charisma? Asked by: joyeeta
- Its similar to post Balasaheb era..Not sure if Stalin enjoys visibility beyond chennai or key towns of tamil nadu..If the leader is not visible, what can he expect in elections ? Asked by: Paresh UAE
- Meenakshi Mahadevan Thats perhaps why Stalin hasn't already been made the leader of the party.. Karunanidhi knows just like everyone else, that Stalin is yet to rise to that level where ppl know him as the leader of the DMK rather than the son of the leader.. Stalin has been trying hard to prove his credentials, but clearly papa isn't convinced..
- with most of dravidian idealogy being irrelevent in TN , How do you think Stalin can recast DMK Asked by: bharat
- Meenakshi Mahadevan im not sure if u can say its completely irrelevant.. its definitely diluted from what it used to be.. And Stalin in comparison to Karunanidhi is defnitely seen as more moderate in his outlook.. You wont hear him pick up the aryan/dravidian issue as often as his father does.. For Karunanidhi however, its a tool that comes handy often in raising several issues...
- Jaya said that she will go alone in 2014,are there any chances of DMK-DMDK-INC alliance in 2014? Asked by: avishek
- While DMK is already in shambles by losing the status of being the leading opposition party,this move will further bring down their seats, if the brothers are going to part ways. Would you agree that the political strategist Mr. Karunanidhi fail to convince his own sons? Asked by: Ajay
- Meenakshi Mahadevan I guess thats why he's not giving away the party mantle to either of them just yet.. Also, he surely knows the ground reality.. He will definitely want to wait for the right time to decide anything. until then, such statements will continue.. atleats helps in knowing mood in party.. ;)
- MK's announcement would have made both factions happy as well as unhappy. The news that Stalin would be MK's successor would have made Stalin faction happy and Alagiri faction sad. But the news that Stalin would be made leader only after MK's life would keep Stalin faction unhappy and give Alagiri faction more time to take action!! Asked by: Ramesh
- i think it will surely start a succession war like in the days of aurangazeb's rule of moghul dynasty. If kalaignar is making a crucial decision, he should've made it 20 yrs before just like mr.Mulayam singh paving way for his son to take over the reins of U.P govt Asked by: Anto, Bangalore
Hosted byMeenakshi Mahadevan
Chennai Bureau, CNN-IBN