ibnlive » Chat

2.30 pm Aug 16, 2013

On his film 'Once Upon Ay Time In Mumbai Dobaara!'

Director Milan Luthria is best known for his films 'The Dirty Picture' and 'Once Upon a Time in Mumbai'. Once again, director Milan Luthria has teamed up with producer Ekta Kapoor for 'Once Upon Ay Time In Mumbai Dobaara!'. The film is expected to take the story of 'Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai' (2010) forward. 'Once Upon Ay Time In Mumbai Dobaara!' is a period gangster drama and stars Akshay Kumar, Imran Khan and Sonakshi Sinha. The film will be released on August 15.
This chat is over. Thanks for joining.
21 questions answered | No question pending
  • Do u desire to create a period film involving science fiction ? Asked by: RahulNS
  • Milan Luthria have already answered that
  • Why you saw underworld don's in your film as heroic, infact they should be shown hitting with Chappals? Asked by: Rishi
  • Milan Luthria dont understand
  • Are you going to make sequence of OUATIMD? Asked by: Nishant
  • why you considered chocolate boy imraan to play a tapori right hand of a villain? Asked by: Emraan khan
  • Milan Luthria because i needed an actor who can look torn between loyalty and love
  • Hello Milan ji, Sandeep here,actor/short filma maker from Hyderabad. The trailer of your film 'Kacche Daaghe' still lingers on my mind, reason being the scene wherein Saif and Ajay look on both sides of the rail tracks. This shows that the film had something in it to catch up with in 2013 too :) Asked by: Sandeep Rao
  • Milan Luthria yes it was a film ahead of it times, and there are a lot of people who feel that way
  • I personally feel 'letting the heart rule the head' is a good thing in most of the cases. 'Chori Chori' spoke about the same. Guess, it should have run much better. Given a chance, what would u like to change in Chori Chori (if any) ? :) Asked by: Sandeep Rao
  • Milan Luthria there should have been a better reason why ajay eventually falls in love with rani
  • Why is the choice of all, to show MUMBAI in the negative way, as a capital of Gangsters ?/ Asked by: sundar1950in
  • Milan Luthria it has always had a shadow of the underworld, and i'm just reflecting that
  • Just read that Akshay Kumar is a trained martial arts man. Has he acted in the stunts all by himself ?? Asked by: sundar1950in
  • Milan Luthria yes he takes his martial arts passion very seriously and has done all the stunts himself
  • IS the story a pure masala or combination of imagination with few real thing happening around us ?? Asked by: sundar1950in
  • Milan Luthria a bit of both
  • Looking at your recent set of films such as OUATIM, The Dirty Picture and even OUATIMD, I seem to understand that you are enamoured by period era glitter. The cinematography also dwells upon vibrant color scheme and texture, also the plot being of that era. Your skill set has been appreciated. What next, bcoz I wanna see you direct a sleek entertainer pertaining to the modern times :)) Asked by: Sandeep Rao
  • Milan Luthria definitely a very contemporary film next
  • The number 'Rabba Khair karen' from Hattrick is one of my fav. The film had talented actors but do u think if Hattrick had released now, it would have done better? And i personally feel Hattrick should have been promoted in a much better manner. Asked by: Sandeep Rao
  • Milan Luthria yes agreed - also india were out of the world cup a day after the film released so anything to do with cricket was being rejected. i like the song too!
  • OUATIMD - this is how the title is being reflected in many places. Was there a sentiment in keeping the same and at the same tome not going in for suffixing 2 to the 2010 film ?? Asked by: sundar1950in
  • Milan Luthria just thought that dobaara was a nice punchy word
  • I am not sure about this, but I heard about a film of yours titled 'Bihaad'was in the making. Can I know who all are part of it and how far it has progressed? And how do upcoming actors/directors get to contact you ( Like me :) :) ? Asked by: Sandeep Rao
  • Milan Luthria bihaad is on hold till sanjay dutt's return. it is not easy to tell you how to get in touch as there are many who would like to and while i would love to meet it is not possible.
  • Does the film have overseas locations for action & romance ?? Asked by: sundar1950in
  • Milan Luthria yes we ahve shot in muscat, oman
  • Which would make you happier ( both as answer disallowed ) - Critical acclaim or Rs.150 crore collections of first week at BO ?? Asked by: sundar1950in
  • Milan Luthria money makes the mare go!
  • Do you think that Bollywood is a good career option for younsters like us these days given the fact that there plenty of other segments apart from acting that provides ample opportunities for earning ones livelihood> would you please tell us which are the other areas in Bollywood part acting where there is good opportunity for earning ones living. Asked by: Tanveer Mohammad Masood
  • Milan Luthria there is a lot of scope in the corporate film set up for people interested in marketing, designing, admin, music,accounting
  • Whats your thought on Bollywood as a potential employment market given the current sordid job market all over. Whats the scope in Bollywood in various segments apart from acting and of course spot boy job? Asked by: Tanveer Md Masood
  • Milan Luthria i think it's a flourishing industry with a lot of respect now for talented and committed people, and there is a dearth of new talent. its s good option
  • Do u desire to create a period film involving science fiction ? Asked by: RahulNS
  • Milan Luthria interesting idea but frankly am not a fan of science fiction
  • Of late, your films have motivated filmmakers to devote extra time on dialogues. But, what inspired or motivated you to focus on dialogues and hard-hitting one liners? Asked by: Prashant V. Singh
  • Milan Luthria My feeling that this kind of cinema was disappearing - and i used to love super dialogues as a kid, so hoping to recreate the same experience for todays generation
  • The reviews are out and it looks like you have a winner at BOX office,since critics do not like it.Why are Critics expecting something which audience is not interested in ?? Asked by: sundar1950in
  • Milan Luthria good question! no one including me has understood the way these guys think! The only goal for me is to entertain the ticket buying cinegoer
  • This turn out to be a love story ,any thougt on this? Asked by: Amit
  • Milan Luthria yes it was the only interesting and unexpected way to take the franchise forward. same is boring!

Hosted by

Milan Luthria
Director