ibnlive » Chat

4 pm Jun 03, 2013

On movies and future projects

Prasoon Joshi is an Indian lyricist, script writer and advertising professional. He has won the National Award twice for his work in 'Taare Zameen Par' and in 'Chittagong'. His forthcoming project as the script and dialogue writer is the eagerly awaited 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' to be released in July 2013. He has also written five songs for Prakash Jha’s upcoming film 'Satyagraha'. He has won numerous awards for his creative work in advertising, including the 'Golden Lion' at Cannes. His new book 'Sunshine Lane', a collection of his poetic songs, has recently been launched.
This chat is over. Thanks for joining.
11 questions answered | 23 questions pending
  • Any chances of directing movies in futre Asked by: Dillu
  • Prasoon Joshi The day nobody else will do justice to my script, I will direct.
  • Your best work till date? Asked by: Ram Mehar
  • Prasoon Joshi 'Taare Zameen Par', 'Chittagong' and Delhi 6.
  • How you entered into film world Asked by: Gagan
  • Prasoon Joshi I stumbled upon it, I started with advertising...& then entered into the film world.
  • How would you distinguish between lyrics and poetry? what do you think which is more difficult? Asked by: Yaseen Anwer
  • Prasoon Joshi Selection of words in lyrics is very important, simplicity & ease is required. There is no comparison between lyrics & poetry...
  • What is more important for you good lyrics or good music, if you are asked to prioritize? Asked by: Yaseen Anwer
  • Prasoon Joshi I can't...in a good song, a thought a tune are both important. A good song is a perfect marriage. A song cannot get longevity without good poetry.
  • Any piece of advice to budding lyricts Asked by: Mahan
  • Prasoon Joshi Experience life as much as you can...authenticity is very important and that can only come from experience.
  • What all you look into the project before signing it for writing songs Asked by: Jiva
  • Prasoon Joshi I look for new experience & learning...
  • Do you feel in anyway Entertainment media contributes to crime in society specially sexual crime? Asked by: Yaseen Anwer
  • Prasoon Joshi It will be a very unfair, though some responsibility is required on part of entertainment industry. Blaming just cinema on the way women are treated is not fair.
  • Apart from writing songs which aspect of film making facinates you Asked by: Aswin
  • Prasoon Joshi Special effects...
  • in the name of modernisation or meaningless fusion/remix.. would you vouch for any stringent measures..so as to save many classics getting junk.. Asked by: REKHA
  • Prasoon Joshi I feel original is original. Only sometimes I have seen remix which were done nicely but most of the time it has disappointed me.
  • Your all time favorite poet? Asked by: Yaseen Anwer
  • Prasoon Joshi Nirala, Tagore and Ghalib. I like Amir Khusro. I strongly recommend Chinese work which Vikram Seth has translated.

Hosted by

Prasoon Joshi
Writer, poet and advertising legend

More chats with:

Prasoon Joshi
Writer, poet and advertising legend

On movies and future projects