Political analyst & Bureau Chief, Vaartha
The demand for Telangana is one of the oldest concerns for a separate state in independent India. It has seen its share of talks and violence since the early 1960s. Here's your chance to discuss the issue with political analyst R Rajagopalan.
- I am Ralayaseema and would like to request UPA govt to pass the bill on the Telegana state. With the politics of congress, we the people are loosing everything in terms of Investments, Expansions and development of the state. I have totally unhappy with the congress (Both Center and State) the way they are functioning. Please tell them to take appropriate decision and close it. Asked by: Hari Krishna
- Telangana cannot be closed like that. It is a serious issue. TO resolve Telangana you need a stronger Prime Minister And a majority in Parliament.
- Do You think Telangana formation will happen? I basically support Telangana formation, but present situation seems it is driven by KCR & and his family's power hungry politics. Which is main contention of Congress, if Telangana declared credit goes to KCR? Asked by: chvijay24
- Many players acted on the stage. Dr M Chenna Reddy- subsequently many leaders. Including KCR. Do not ascribe personal motives. It is a people dreams. I can share one thing,Policy makers with whom several rounds of discussions at many intervals, made me to think Telangana will not be created in 2012 or in 2013 or in 2014. But peoples movement cannot be throttled. UPA2 is known for such dumping the burning issues.As UPA2 did in Telangana case since 2004, and also in Anna Hazare case. -- A Congress MP jokingly told me - If you want to achieve Telangana- get a cover page story done in Newsweek or the Economist with Dr Manmolhan Singh photo as Achiever
- as people say that telangana is not devoloped compared to rayalaseema and coastal andhra, i would like to know what were the MLAs, MLCs, Collectors doing. It seems foolish to ask for a seperate state if the authorities were inefficient. Asked by: chandu
- You can brush it aside. But for seven generations this movement of Telangana has gained momentum. Therefore ascribing foolishness is not in good taste.
- Why not the central government and national media is taking this issue seriously. It comes into the picture only when thousand of people of throng into the city for dharnas or march. And then center is not even worried of taking care of the issue even after a student has committed a suicide right infront of the Parliament. Asked by: Ram
- National media has taken the Telangana issue seriously.It is UPA2 which taken casually. You are wrong to comment on media. As a mediaman I say we do not subscribe to any ideology.Media reflects public sentiments. UPA miserably failed to arrive at a political decision and do not blame it on media.
- Will telangana ever be granted or will it become a movement which flares up often only to fizzle out at the end Asked by: nagendra
- To grant Telangana is not in the vision of UPA2. I do not think this political leadership can take courage to go in for declaration. As NDA bravely carved out three states, UPA is scared of such political decisions. Obviously and rightly so, UPA2 was keen on scams-making huge financial benefits. And the UPA2 had forgotten its committment given to Telangana in 2004 and subsequently in President Abdul Kalam speech in Parliament.
- Sir, isnt it a fact that status of Hyderabad is the central issue of the TELANGANA crisis, as on date. Asked by: s eshwar
- Status is imaterial. First Political leadership should go in for a broader acceptance of the aspirations of the Telangana people. And this ti a too difficult task.And as the UPA2 is seen nowadays,legs broken, hands paralysed, mindset is confused, with its key allies leaving like TMC. And today DMK and JMM-JVM threatening to withdraw support. WIll UPA2 look for saving its skin or go in for Telangana. From viewing it Andhra issues from Delhi angle, I do get a feeling that Centre will not take any drastic precipitative decisions. As UPA2 has to keep ensuing winter session of parliament in mind. My political understanding winter session is a danger zone for UPA2 to survive.
- Mr.Rajagopalan i regularly watch and listen to your inputs on various TV channels on Telangana and Andhra issue.Which political party do you think will benefit if centre gives into Telangana?In andhra,Rayalaseema and telangana? Asked by: Mohammed Nassir+-
- BJP will benefit In telangana and that is also one main reason why UPA 2 will not declare Telangana. And to answer your second question, In andhra and rayalaseema already congress is totally wiped out. And the gainer in these two regions would be Jagan Reddy YSR congress. If the polls are held in another six months. The way with which UPA2 deployed all its Govt agencies like CBI, IB RAW, ED, DRI and what not against Jagan Reddy. These will certainly give a jolt to Congress and beneficiary is Jagan Reddy. This is my reading of the situation from New Delhi.
- when do u xpect a solution Asked by: raghu
- Not in the near future. Solution to Telangana is not now. Purely from political point of view. Create a new controversy to solve existing problem, This the political approach of Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi as for as Andhra Pradesh is concerned Rahul Gandhi always talks of merger. If he would meet any political leader with a mass appeal, first comes to Rahul mind is to ask him why can"t your party merge with AICC. PRP he got it merged, Now ask KCR TRS for merger. Therefore Congress leadership wants merger of all small parties . Then a solution is possible. And that is not now and not in 2013
- Why the congress dragging its feet in announcing Telengana state, fight for which started decades before the other new statehood demand which have already been conceeded !!! Asked by: R Varadarajan
- Congress is always drags the sensitive issues. But very correct approach of Sonia Gandhi on Telangana because she has to factor in many pulls and pressures Jagan Reddy,Chiranjivi, KG basin, TRS KCR merger, Justice Sri Krishna report on hand and Govt is yet to act on it caste factors to be roped in. Reddy, Khamma, Kapu, SC OBC, Maala Maadiga and much much more. these are politically- but meeting the aspirations of Separate state, approach will be different, Will Hyderabad be Union Territory? Will you give 500000 cores package for Andhra? Will it be a Development Council. Will Telangana have separate assembly? For all these where is the massive resources ? When UPA2 is allowing FDI in retail to mop up fiscal issues for 2013 Budget therefore Sonia Gandhi will be too careful and tread too cautiously. WIth these Sonia Gandhi wants to keep this separate state issue aside from her political priorities.
- Mr Rajagopalan what would be the outcome of this round of agitation? What's centre's line of thinking? Asked by: Surya
- Centre is not at all bothered about public outcry. A people movement. UPA2 is in serious crisis. They have to save their Government. Outcome would be - to pin it is too difficult. But my analysis-purely my reading, Centre will not go in for Telangana.
- Where are we today? Is the centre on the brink of creating Telangana? What about the interests of the Coastal and Rayalaseema people? Who will care for them? What about the concerns expressed by MIM? Asked by: Phaneendra
- My understanding after talking to policy makers. That they are very much interested in solution. They struggle hard. North Block and SOuth Block pull in different directions especially with UPA2 political leadership. Today JMM and JVM having withdrawn support- UPA2 is in minority in Lok Sabha and that they would now announce Telangana. Surivival of UPA2 during Winter Session of Parliament is too difficult therefore I do not think Telangana is happening in the near future.