5 pm May 13, 2013
Siddaramaiah's challenges in Karnataka
Siddaramaiah, sworn in today as the new Karnataka chief minister, has the twin responsibilities of delivering a clean government and cementing the Congress party's fortunes in the next general elections. With both the UPA-2 and the last Karnataka government being badgered by vever-ending scams and scandals, he surely has his task cut out. Discuss these and more with one of the most astute followers of Karnataka politics, Sachidananda Murthy, resident editor, Malayala Manorama and The Week.
26 questions answered | No question pending
- Don't you think our new CM has to bring in similar kind of reforms/development in other town/city in K'taka as similar to Blore? Asked by: Naveen
- Sachidananda Murthy Yes. Each city should have all the good infrastructure. But the uniqueness of each city should also be preserved and enhanced. For example, Mangalore is a coastal city with great beaches. It can be a great tourist destination. Belgaum can be developed as an education destination. There is no point in expecting every city to be a IT hub like Bangalore.
- he should hold meeting with each carporator in bangalore to assess the state in bangalore about law & order and garbage issue.what is ur openion Asked by: unknown
- BRINGING BACK THE GLORY OF SILICON VALLEY, PROVIDE SCAM FREE GOVERNEMNT. Asked by: S ESHWAR
- After Siddaramaiah sworn in as CM, what would be the first five expectations from Karnataka people? Asked by: Shobana
- Though on the face of it Siddramaiah comes across as honest and capable person in otherwise corrupt congress, will elements like DK Shivakumar, Kharge etc let him give good governance? Or will it be some worse than BJP show??? Asked by: Sheshadri
- After making Siddaramaiah CM,is congress hoping for a non Lingayat,non Vokkaliga strong vote bank? Asked by: Preeti
- Why do you feel is the reason for S M Krishna not being in contention for CM this time?He after all deserves a great deal of credit for taking the state to new heights Asked by: jack
- Will he be able to take a tough stand in Kaveri issue (unlike predecessors ) as he belong to Kaveri region and has rural lineage? Do you think he will toe what high command asks him to on this matter? Asked by: Thilak
- Sachidananda Murthy He will depend on tribunal and court decisions. But within these decisions there is some scope for a smart leader to maneouver. He will toe the high command line to a large extent, provided he is treated with respect. How he handles an experienced and diverse cabinet is the tougher question.
- What about the doles congress promised in the manifesto and the financial implications? How can siddaramaiah manage the most powerful backward communites like the Vokkaliga and Lingayat in the long run? Asked by: mohan
- Sachidananda Murthy Money has to be found for doles. With improvement in tax collections, there will be more money. Handling the demands of vokkaligas and lingayats is an issue as there is a perception that he is against these communities. Whether he reaches out to them or goes for consolidation of Ahinda (OBC, Minority and Dalit) has to be seen.
- How can Siddaramaiah contain the moral policing of Hindu Right wing and ease communal tensions in coastal Karnataka? Asked by: avishek
- what is the Siddaramaiah's new development for Bangalore or doing continue the maintenance work of BJP govt 50% completed various project? Asked by: sujan kar
- How will the new CM approach the Cauvery issue. Will the interest of Mandya farmers remain protected ?? Asked by: sundar1950in
- Will Bangalore receive the attention of the new CM ? Whether the Industry captains will get a chance to VOICE OVER their feel.?? Asked by: sundar1950in
- The many pending cases at LOK AYUKTA will see the light of the day and actions will result ?? Asked by: sundar1950in
- Will Ministry making be CM's prerogative or Delhi's call ?? Asked by: sundar1950in
- To repeat the results in LS polls how will the new CM wash and erase off all the scams and wrong doings happening at Centre. ?? Asked by: sundar1950in
- what is the stand of the new CM on the Hyderabad- Karnataka and Maharashtra -Karnataka border disputes.? Asked by: sundar1950in
- Mining was a big industry in the state.with the alleged wrong doings of Reddy brothers almost all activity on this is suspended.Any chance for revival of the industry in a legalised manner ?/ Asked by: sundar1950in
- Put into top position at state within 6 years of lateral entry. Any envy likely to cause difficulties for the new CM ?/ Asked by: sundar1950in
- What are the immediate issues which are to be addressed by the new CM of karnataka? Asked by: Sudhakar
- what Siddaramaiah will do for the i.t. ?? bcz for the software engg. and students there is more expectations from him..... Asked by: pramod
- What will be Siddaramaiah's plan to tackle the Kaveri issue with Tamilnadu? Will he do something to increase the catchment in the western ghats? Will he implement steps to revive the other rivers? Asked by: Ajay
- How will Siddaramaiah manage to supply energy (Electricity) demand of the Industry and Farmers?, will he create a vision or roadmap to address in longterm or just the bandaid solutions? Asked by: Basavaraj K N
- Can Siddaramaiah decimate JDS or BJP? Asked by: avishek
- Will there be something similar to SM Krishna's rule or do you feel the new CM can be a big differentiator Asked by: Deepak, Bangalore
- Past CM's who have conc only on Bangalore have lost elections in a big way.. What should be the approach of Siddaramaiah .. Asked by: Ganesh