ibnlive » Chat

2 pm Nov 23, 2012

On his new book 'Who let the Dork Out'

With just 12 months to go before the 2010 Allied Victory Games in New Delhi, there is pandemonium at the Ministry for Urban Regeneration and Public Sculpture. Specially appointed by the Prime Minister to oversee preparations for the Games, the ministry now find themsleves in the centre of a media storm. Preparations are months behind schedule - they had completely forgotten about Takewondo - and the minister Badrikedar Laxmanrao Dahake not only has to deal with an irate PM but also with high intrigue in the Lok Sabha, fiendish investigative journalists, and a relentless BBC reporter who insists on interviewing him live in English. Dahake is about to resign when he runs into an unlikely saviour: master strategist, media expert, and international financial wizard Robin 'Einstein' Varghese, currently running the Delhi Lederman office.
90 questions answered | No question pending
  • Why dont you publish your unpublished work that you mentioned in dork 2. the one with polar bird publication or the others atleast as an e-book? Asked by: samhitha
  • Sidin Vadukut Those are just made up things Samhita. But clearly some of them sound reasonable enough to try.
  • You did come to IIM-B for a reading for dork 1. why not for dork 3? What I gathered from the trilogy was bangalore is not one of your liked places. Asked by: samhitha
  • Sidin Vadukut NO NO NO. I simply wasn't in the country. That is all.
  • What's next? An orkut-centric love story where both the characters turn out to be dudes would be welcome. Asked by: asdjkl
  • Sidin Vadukut Duly noted.
  • why didn't you have a formal launch for dork 3? Asked by: samhitha
  • Sidin Vadukut I was in London at the time. But we're planning something later this year.
  • what 'sidin' means ? and how do u say it? Asked by: amar
  • Sidin Vadukut Exactly as it looks like. See-din. Not Sigh-din.
  • Also any plans to visit cochin on book signing spree..would love to share a beer with you Asked by: Avinash
  • Sidin Vadukut Yes .Shall keep you posted.
  • Where is India heading towards? Asked by: Harsha
  • Sidin Vadukut A good place. But it will reach there very slowly. We need to understand that more than half the people in the country vote for things that may have nothing to do with long term governance and reforms.
  • Whose wit do you look forward to reading everyday on Twitter? Any recommendations for Twitter newbees? Asked by: Manikantan
  • Sidin Vadukut I am open to humour from anywhere. All the time.
  • He he..My guess would be V.K.Krishna Menon..He tyranscended the barriers of obnoxiousness..your views on Shashi tharoor as awriter/Twitterati/Minister/Loverboy? Asked by: Avinash
  • Sidin Vadukut Ha ha. I had extremely high expectation of Tharoor when he became a minister. I even wrote a quite glowing profile of him which ended with a question: can he deliver? What has happened since then has been a disappointment. Though people in Trivandrum tell me he is a good MP.
  • How about attempting stand-up comedy? Asked by: R
  • Sidin Vadukut I don't know man. I am really quite boring in person.
  • What are your views on Ajmal Kasab's execution? Asked by: Arku
  • Sidin Vadukut Mixed feelings. I am not convinced the death penalty works for terrorists or for anybody else. I am not going to quote Gandhi here. Because if you need a Gandhi quote to peer into your conscience then you have a serious problem. But I can't fathom taking someone else's life like that. On the other hand I am also pleased that Kasab was treated somewhat humanely in prison and given the due process of law. I know people think this makes India look soft or that there was a larger political agenda here. Fine. So be it. But we took the person we hated most in the country and treated him like a human. We fed him and gave him books to read. We did not unleash dogs on him or photograph him naked. We are a better country and a stronger republic for this.
  • I have a pic of myself with you..Should I put it on FB to garner female attention? Asked by: Mani
  • Sidin Vadukut Or just carry it in your pocket. I am told that also works.
  • What do you love to do the most,other than reading or writing? Asked by: Shines
  • Sidin Vadukut I love travelling and cooking. I especially love any places related to the Roman or Byzantine empires. I've been meaning to go to Ravenna for years.
  • Will you send me free signed copies of your Trilogy if I tell you that I am about to download the ebooks from the Link that I told you about in an earlier question ? Asked by: Sherlock Verghese
  • Sidin Vadukut Your name is Sherlock?
  • How about an office-culture humour novel in malayalam? Asked by: dk
  • Sidin Vadukut Actually that would be hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. But I write very very very slowly in malayalam.
  • I read you mentioned Chiranjeevi in your second book. Any other favourites from A.P? Asked by: Harsha
  • Sidin Vadukut Ha ha. I like Chiranjeevi and Nagarjuna. But my favourite ever Andhra things are Gongura pickle and Golconda Fort.
  • Will you also do a podcast on the glorious EPL / CL victory campaigns of Arsenal in the last 5-6 years under Arsene Wenger ? Asked by: Ram
  • Sidin Vadukut I am planning one. But I am just waiting for the League-Europe double to be completed this year.
  • which is most ridiculous book u hv ever read? Asked by: amar
  • Sidin Vadukut A history textbook used in Pakistani schools. Utterly ridiculous and inaccurate.
  • You and Shashi Tharoor are my favorite humor writers with the typical Mallu sense of humor-dry, acerbic and very witty..P:s- Budding writer myself, written a manuscript named" The whims of an obnoxious Mallu" Asked by: Avinash
  • Sidin Vadukut Thank you Avinash. There are non-obnoxious mallus?
  • Do you idolize Twitter humorists? I mean we you, Ramesh Srivats and a few others. What about you? Asked by: Manikantan
  • Sidin Vadukut I try not to idolize anybody. That kind of makes us immune to their faults. I just enjoy man.
  • Oraayiram nanni..Good to see you connecting with ur fans more..Pls do a little more through Twitter also.. Asked by: Mani
  • Sidin Vadukut Will do sir.
  • You really went to IIM Ahmedabad? The real one with red bricks and all? Asked by: Himanshu
  • Sidin Vadukut Yup. All the public perception aside it is a fantastic institution. I don't think I've experienced another environment in the country so conducive to learning. I studied with some of the smartest people I know. Great place. Cherished every moment.
  • Does your wife trust the "my wife is nothing like Gauri" line? Asked by: R
  • Sidin Vadukut Little bit
  • Why is the credibility of the media in India so low? Asked by: Ashish
  • Sidin Vadukut Good question. Wrong timing. I have a lot of thoughts on this. But partly because much of our media industry is not media, but entertainment. The goal is not to inform but to entertain.
  • Love your writing - books, tweets, columns.. What are your top 5 (or 10) books in the humor genre? PS: Ashwin's batting now.. :) Asked by: R
  • Sidin Vadukut Imagine the irony if I drop this and RUN and go to see Ashwin bat. Ahahahahaha. Ayyo. Top 5 humour books? In no particular order: 1. Dave Barry Slept Here 2. e 3. Tickling the English 4. Adrian Mole, The Cappucino Years 5. Bill Bryson's book on Britain.
  • You said - GAURI is nothing like your wife. So I have few additional Qs: Have you met GAURI in real life ? Did you fall in love with her ? How close were you to getting married to her ? Asked by: Ram
  • Sidin Vadukut Ha ha ha. I haven't Gauri is entirely made up.
  • If I know the link to a website where PDF versions of your book are available, what should I do ? Asked by: Ram
  • i am a big fan of yours..but have a complaint as well.Why don't you give us opportunity to buy a author signed copy of your books? hope you will consider this time Asked by: @Jargon
  • Sidin Vadukut Yes. I will rectify this as much as I can. Promise.
  • Tell me more about the thriller and the crime novel Asked by: Nimisha
  • Sidin Vadukut The thriller involves a massive conspiracy theory that connect several mysterious things that happened in India and abroad after the second world war. I will say nothing more. The crime novel involves a dead man in a well, and a small arabian emirate.
  • Any advice to the management students in India? Asked by: Harsha
  • Sidin Vadukut Be more skeptical of what is taught to you. Ask questions in class. Refuse to be spoon fed. And listen to the Econtalk podcasts.
  • Any suggestions for the aspiring writers? Asked by: Shines
  • Sidin Vadukut Read a lot
  • Saar, huge fan since the blogspot days. Is there a reason why you chose to settle down in London ? I personally feel that the work environment and culture outside India doesn't provide a lot of fodder for your brand of humor - how do you manage to find this inspiration to derive your stories ? Asked by: Ezhil
  • Sidin Vadukut This is what I do man. I write stories. I think about stories. I observe all the time. I record everything that I observe. I consume news on India everyday. All the time. I don't have to seek out inspiration. It is all there if I bother to just look.
  • Can I get a transcript of the podcasts I prefer reading to listening Asked by: wham
  • Sidin Vadukut Working on it.
  • When REV swears in Malayalam, a Malayali can relate to the joke or the emotion. Do you think non-Malayalis could relate to the humour to the same extent? Asked by: Mithun
  • Sidin Vadukut Maybe not. But I am not particularly worried about it. The swearing isn't always integral to the plot. Also I think I am just preparing non-Malayalis for the inevitable future when AK Antony takes over as benevolent dictator.
  • What do you think is the future for Sreeshanth? Dancing or Crying in Serials? Asked by: Mani
  • Sidin Vadukut When he becomes Chairman of BCCI I look forward to seeing this smirk on your faced wiped away with a piece of furniture.
  • have you ever read a romance novel? Asked by: PT
  • Sidin Vadukut Yes yes. In fact there was so much romance in it that it was very popular in engineering college.
  • As an author do you feel you have written what you would like to read or what you think the "most people who have money to spare for a book" would like to read Asked by: wham
  • Sidin Vadukut The first. I really do think I have written what I would like to read. What has changed over the last four years... is me. I'm now excited by other things and other genres. And this will reflect in my future writing. I don't think for a moment I've worried about the sales side of things. Or the marketability of my books. In fact when I started, the idea of an office culture novel written in diary entries seemed a little absurd.
  • What does Sidin like doing the most? Cubiclenama or Heavy Ball or Whatay or Twitter or Being the Nice cook to The missus? Asked by: Mani
  • Sidin Vadukut Hmmm... Being the nice cook I think. While I do write a lot, my life doesn't revolve around it entirely. And I don't seek personal validation too much in my bylines. I used to. But now I eagerly look forward to the weekends when the missus and I watch various foreign films. By which I mean Masterchef Australia.
  • I love your constitution of India podcasts. Thank you. What is the motivation behind doing the series? It is clearly a lot of effort! Could you recommend a (non-textbook like) book on the subject? Asked by: nikhil
  • Sidin Vadukut Granville Austin's The Indian Constitution is excellent. Still a little dry. But very accessible nonetheless. Also you could wait for my book in five or six years.
  • Outside of the 80% time on Twitter, how do you split your time between your day job and reading/writing unrelated to your day job? Asked by: TimesRGud
  • Sidin Vadukut I wake up in the morning and immediately work for an hour or two. Then I have breakfast, Tweet and chill. Then I work for another burst before and after lunch. By this point most of my colleagues in India have gone home. I then start my reading work. I also do a lot of reading on the weekends and just before going to bed. Over the last year or so I have become very very organized in my daily routines.
  • When is Dork shunning his corporate job and leaving to see the world? Asked by: Vinay
  • What is the future of blogging acc to you? with the number of blogs around, do you think its still a forum for ppl to use it as a forum to enter writing like many were able to do 4-5 yrs back? If so, do you think blog should be about one specific theme or random topics? Asked by: Mani
  • Sidin Vadukut I think thematic blogs is the future of blogging. India needs many more hard core focussed thematic blogs. Especially on politics and governance. The random topic era, I think, is over.
  • How did you decide upon the writing format of Diary Entries that you have used in your book ? Was it accidental or by design ? Do you maintain a similar personal diary ? Asked by: Ram
  • Sidin Vadukut The format was inspired by an old blogpost of mine. Which was also in Diary entries. So I just scaled up frmo there.
  • Why don't you post on whatay more often? Asked by: P.
  • Sidin Vadukut I know yaar. Lack of time. And of all the places I write Whatay is the one place I am most selective about. But I will. I promise.
  • Your favourite authors/books? Asked by: Anand Varma
  • Sidin Vadukut I just posted a list of authors. Books? Very hard. I like Dalrymple's From The Holy Mountain. That books made me quit my job and start writing for a living. Behram Contractor's Busybee anthologies. Dave Barry Slept Here. Matt Beaumont's e. So many Anand. I should do a blogpost sometime.
  • Are you sad that the series of Varghese is over? Is it like a monkey off your back so you can venture into other writing concepts? Asked by: Mani
  • Sidin Vadukut Yes, I think so Mani. On both fronts. I am sad to see REV go. But I am also happy that this frees me up to think of all kinds of exciting new story ideas.
  • I read your columns in mint.I like your humorous pieces and everything you write in mint.How do you manage to write so much-- books, columns,editing for newspapers all at one stroke.. Asked by: Sudhir Krishnan
  • Sidin Vadukut Mostly by sleeping very little. I work in hectic bursts all day. And over the years I've developed a capacity for editorial work. So much like anybody else's job I think.
  • Is it true that you are planning a Crime thriller after the "Dork" Trilogy? Asked by: AR
  • Sidin Vadukut Yup. I've been planning one for years.
  • Came across your latest podcast series - How regular are you going to be with the updates on that? Loved the idea! Attempt at shifting away from satire/black humor? Asked by: Varun
  • Sidin Vadukut Diversifying rather than shifting. And yes I intend to put out one episode at least every seven days. Fingers crossed. It is very hard.
  • How do you cope with people who are not blessed with a sense of humour? Asked by: @SumeethPai
  • Sidin Vadukut I have developed a tremendously advanced ability to fake-laugh. This does wonders for your career.
  • Are u going to explore other themes/genres in your upcoming work or are you going to continue with the Dorks? Asked by: Radhakrishnan
  • Sidin Vadukut I think I am done with the Dorks. And like I told someone else before, I want to dabble in all kinds of genres.
  • Do you like Shah Rukh Khan? Will you consider letting him play the title role of the Bollywood adaptation of Dork? Asked by: P.
  • Sidin Vadukut I like him. But I don't adore him. Off-screen he seems like a really sharp guy though. I don't think he'd be a good Dork. We need someone mellow and good-looking.
  • how do u define urself, a writer, journalist, business enthu or cricket/sports freak. Sorry I forgot to mention foodie Asked by: amit
  • Sidin Vadukut Overall I am just a curious person. I like trying different things. And I like telling stories. This permeates everything I do.
  • First raveena now anushka. Did u get to meet them? How did they react or how do u think they would react #serious Asked by: Deepak
  • Sidin Vadukut I've tweeted with Raveena once or twice. She seems quite nice. I think we've sent a copy to Anushka Sharma. But I've been told to keep my expectations realistic. So for now I suppose I will have to do with this life-size cutout of... Nothing. For now I am doing nothing.
  • How inspired are you with S M Krishna ? Asked by: @ved_A
  • Sidin Vadukut Ele está em idiota.
  • Your views on the the Whale reference with "Dork" Asked by: @ved_A
  • Sidin Vadukut My views are well known and they are broadly as follows: #blocked
  • One more question, why is whatay.com not working? Asked by: puppuli
  • Sidin Vadukut Just checked it is working. Unless you're asking me a much deeper question.
  • Why dont you have a kindle version of the book in india ? The one available in US site is amost 10$ that is thrice the price of book ! Asked by: Ravi
  • Sidin Vadukut Sorry Ravi. I don't handle pricing or distribution for the trilogy. And I have had complaints. Shall talk to Penguin.
  • Read your book and ultimately became an Alzheimer's patient getting lost even in the most inhabited place in Chennai. Can you save me, Sidin? Asked by: Anand Varma
  • Sidin Vadukut Ha ha ha ha. Best solution is to take a deep breathe and say something derogatory about MGR very loud. You will be relocated to Madras Medical College immediately by MGR fans. From there you can ask anybody for directions.
  • Why is Robin a Mallu? And if not consulting, then what? Asked by: @mmookim
  • Sidin Vadukut Because that is the mindset I know best. Given the format of the book I had to choose a character whose mind I knew well. Whose mental working I could expose confidently. And whose value systems and priorities I could fictionalize without too much effort. I am a malayali. I know how my mind works. So I made him one. Also I am still a young writer. Fiction is a huge challenge. I hope to get better at this kind of thing in the future.
  • Do you know where I can find a pdf version of your last book ? Asked by: EK
  • Sidin Vadukut #blocked
  • Are you a fan of Raveena Tandon in real life ? Asked by: Ram
  • Sidin Vadukut Absolutely. Huge fan. That voice... *sizzle*
  • If you had to tell in one sentence, why should one read the Dork series? Asked by: Pooja
  • Sidin Vadukut It is quite funny in parts.
  • Now that Dork is out what next?? Asked by: Nimisha
  • Sidin Vadukut In order these are my plans: 1. A book on elements of Indian history for Rupa 2. A world war two thriller fiction 3. Another book on history for Rupa 4. A bromance set in London 5. A crime novel 6. Erotica.
  • Do you have ideas bubbling in your mind for books that you plan to right in the future? Asked by: P.
  • Sidin Vadukut All the time. All the time. I think I have six or seven ideas for books that I want to write over the next decade. I want to try all kinds of different genres. Most of them will fail. But what the heck. You only live once.
  • What book do you plan next, and is there a God? Asked by: Notfat
  • Sidin Vadukut 1. I am working on a book on Indian history. Basically a book that fact checks elements of Indian history. 2. Besides Mark Knopfler there is no god.
  • Did your inlaws purchased your book or they got the free copy of your new book? Asked by: Harsh Srivastava
  • Sidin Vadukut Normally I send them a free copy. But this time they read my first bound draft. Most of my friends and family are nice like that. They buy copies.
  • what made you pen the title ? Asked by: rick
  • Sidin Vadukut If you mean why did I write the book at all: because I like telling stories. And I like making people laugh. I like seeing people happy. This makes me happy. In the beginning fame and money were all motives. But I think I have realised there is no point in waiting for those. So public happiness will do for now.
  • Who is your favorite author in the humor genre? Asked by: Amar
  • Sidin Vadukut Dave Barry I think. A legend with the ability to connect the most bizarre things.
  • Which is your favourite band? Asked by: Ra
  • Sidin Vadukut Dire Straits.
  • Who are the writers and journalists who have inspired you to pursue this profession? Asked by: Chevane
  • Sidin Vadukut Sooooooo many. Behram Contractor, Sue Townsend, Gene Weingarten, Dave Barry, Bill Bryson, Charlie Brooker, VM Basheer, MT Vasudevan Nair, William Dalrymple, Dickens, Matthew Reilly... Many many writers. I read all kinds of things. And I think everyone leaves a mark on me in some way or the other.
  • what inspired your podcast "history of indian constitution"? v. good effort i must say Asked by: Harsh Srivastava
  • Sidin Vadukut Just general curiosity. Like I said in the first episode I began really reading up on it during the original LokPal movement. And then I got quite hooked. I am as much a cynic of the government as anybody else. But people forget that our republic is founded on some very sound material. This is just an attempt to bring that story to life. I am glad you like it. I hope more people, especially kids, listen to it.
  • So..who let the dork out? Asked by: P.
  • Why does the ending feel so abrupt and convenient? Asked by: Arvind
  • Sidin Vadukut I don't know. A lot of people tell me that. I like abrupt endings. And I wanted to end the book very very abruptly. Originally the book had an even abrupter ending. But my wife got me to even it out a little. Does it feel contrived? I think I have a problem with endings. I need to work on that.
  • What do you think of Chetan Bhagat as an author? Asked by: Dork
  • Sidin Vadukut I've just answered this before.
  • Who's the front-runner to play Robin Varghese when Dork is made into a film? Asked by: V G
  • Sidin Vadukut I have no idea. I am thinking Sharman Joshi. Or even Ranvir Shorey.
  • Why did REV go to London and never support Tottenham? Asked by: Shanthakumaran Sreesanth
  • Sidin Vadukut #blocked
  • When are you coming on a book signing tour to India? Asked by: Jay
  • Sidin Vadukut I should be there several time in the next six months. Once in December, once in February and then again in March. I shall see you then? Bring cash or food.
  • Sidin, where did you get inspiration from to create the epic character of Robin Varghese ? Asked by: Ram
  • Sidin Vadukut Partly it was autobiographical. And partly it was based on an old blogspot I wrote when I was in business school. About this naive MBA student fresh out of school. When I decided to write a book I picked up that blogpost and decided to use that as a narrative device.
  • I love reading your tweets and I lover your writing style. Off course, it is humorous too. How did you cultivate your style of writing? Some day I aspire to write a book- fiction though. What would be your tips to budding writers? P.S- I saw your tweet on- Why do senior journalists don't write great headlines :) How do we do that? Asked by: Deepika
  • Sidin Vadukut Read a lot. And then write a lot. And then rewrite a lot. That is the only way I know. Humour writing might seem all instinctive and unedited. This is not true. You have to work at it much like any other genre. Till your brain begins to dedicate a certain portion of processing power to instantly generating jokes.
  • whats your view on Chetan Bhagat? Seriously. Asked by: Rahul
  • Sidin Vadukut I have read some of his work. His earlier plots were quite clever. One Night At A Call Center is particularly interesting. His writing, much like mine, is mass market fiction. We are not literary giants. I think his impact on reading and publishing will be vastly greater than his direct impact on our body of literature. He has made so many people read a lot more. And he has suddenly made publishers realize the value of selling truly mass market fiction. I had no trouble at all finding a publisher when I decided to write. Partly this is down to his success. The problem I have, though, is when people glorify this genre's literary merits. And say things like "I don't read complicated books, I only like reading Chetan Bhagat". This is insidious. I've seen people say with pride that they don't read 'snobbish, intellectual' books by Rushdie or Foster Wallace. This, I think, is damaging. And a perverse kind of reverse snobbishness. Especially in young people. Very sad.
  • How close is the journey of Robin Varghese to your Life ? I mean both personal and professional tracks described in the book ? Asked by: Ram
  • Sidin Vadukut The first book was quite an accurate representation of a period of my life when I was involved in consulting. The second and third are much less so. Robin persisted with his office job. I moved to journalism almost a year after business school. Also my wife is nothing at all like Gauri. NOTHING AT ALL LIKE GAURI.
  • I have read both your earlier books but not this one yet. Hoping to read it, any good deals? :P Asked by: Ankit Chawla
  • Sidin Vadukut #blocked However if you go online I am sure there is someone selling it for Rs.7 plus free shipping. What is the business model for these online retailers man?
  • In Dork-3 Einstein's toilet fetish is introduced.Was expecting something to develop out of that but nothing happens after.Why? Asked by: Arvind
  • Sidin Vadukut Initially I was thinking of taking this idea further. Of developing that into a recurring plot theme like the wireless mics in book two. But then I realised that this is exactly the reaction I have when I suddenly find a magnificent public rest room. My brain just breaks out into song and my heart erupts with delight. At that point in time, as you undo your pants, nothing else in the world matters. So I just left in like that. Also it makes sense from a Diary perspective. People write a lot of one off things in the Diary that seems terribly important at first. But becomes irrelevant later.
  • Can you tell us all of your book names & an Intro to your new Book ? Asked by: Amyth
  • Sidin Vadukut Dork, God Save The Dork, Who Let The Dork Out. The latest one has my protagonist grappling with a small ministry in Delhi and a certain international sporting event. The plot and all is irrelevant. Most people just buy the books for the toilet humour.
  • How do you manage develop such a wicked sense of humour? Asked by: @Chawla_yash
  • Sidin Vadukut Mostly experience, frustration and gloom. I think most humourous people use their humour to cope with setbacks. Much the same with me I suppose. Mostly, and this sounds very unsexy, it is a coping mechanism.
  • Any plans of a Bollywood adaptation? Asked by: Manish
  • Sidin Vadukut There have been plans since before the first book actually released. I was in talks with one great Hindi film director for a long time. And then that fell through. Since then interest has come and gone. But nothing has really gone beyond the discussion stage. Partly it is my fault. I'm months behind schedule on a screenplay synopsis I am supposed to be circulating amongst some production houses. And partly it is a problem with the material. I am yet to figure out how to convert the diary entry format to the screen. Right now I am thinking that a mockumentary format might work best. Fingers crossed man.
  • hi..@varunm from twitter...lovely writing...is there any autobiographical stuff in Dork series? Asked by: varun
  • Sidin Vadukut There was a lot of autobiographical material in the first book. In each subsequent book this has reduced somewhat. But still a lot of what goes on is based on the things I saw in my 11 months or so in the consulting business. And some assorted nonsense that some of my friends witnessed at work. For the third book I spoke to a lot of people who were involved with the Commonwealth Games in Delhi. So yes, a lot of it is based on reality. But not all autobiographical.
  • Define 'Dork' Asked by: Dorkie Dorkistan
  • Sidin Vadukut Oh good god. If I had know how many times people would ask me this question I would have named my trilogy after something much less complicated. Such as "The Washing machine Trilogy". In fact just a few days ago, during an interview I realised that none of the three books actually uses the word Dork in them. Which I thought was kind of amusing. In reality Dork is anyone who is quite socially awkward to the extend that they appear a little dim-witted. In my books I like to think of a Dork as someone who is both socially awkward and has a certain theoretical expectation from life. And gets flustered when random things happen. But I know the real intent in your question. So yes, it does mean whale's penis also.
  • I follow you on twitter and I love your twisted sense of humour. Also like your column/blog in cricinfo. Please do continue writing.. Asked by: Karthik
  • Sidin Vadukut Thanks Karthik. My intention is to keep writing continuously till I finally expire in front of my computer from overwork and excessive gymming.

Hosted by

Sidin Vadukut
Author