ibnlive » Chat

4 pm, Nov 29 Nov 29, 2012

Success of Tamil film 'Thuppakki'

Chat with senior film journalist Sreedhar Pillai on success of Tamil film 'Thuppakki'.
This chat is over. Thanks for joining.
13 questions answered | No question pending
  • do u think thuppakki will have any impact on bollywood? Asked by: sankareswaran_1986
  • Sreedhar Pillai If the Hindi version works there will b more south Indian remakes.
  • As you are a senior film journalist, a generic question. How do you differentiate malayalam and tamil cinema concept Asked by: Aravind
  • Sreedhar Pillai Both r different in their own ways.
  • Hello Sir, what do you think about vijay rearranging his bones in climax scene.. mass scene ? Asked by: Jagadish
  • Sreedhar Pillai It is meant 4 mass audiences.
  • will thuppakki success make VJ & ARM's salaray demand? Asked by: Peter
  • Sreedhar Pillai yes ofcouse
  • Hi Sir The only person who has a tremendous opening is Superstar Rajini & he is the only person who has fans in A,B,C Centres, Bangalore,Kerala,Andhra,North India & overseas(US/UAE/UK/Singapore/Malay/Srilanka/Aus/South Africa..), do you think Vijay has penetrated into all centres? Has the film touched 100 crore mark? Asked by: Shyam
  • Sreedhar Pillai Rajinikanth is a phenomenon, no actor in Tamil cinema has his kind of reach.
  • What would be your opinion if this movie is taken in Malayalam? will that be hit? Or is it a Vijay magic? Asked by: Aravind
  • Sreedhar Pillai I don't think it can b made in Malayalam
  • How much will u rate for 'thuppaki" out of 5? Asked by: Aravind
  • Sreedhar Pillai I have already rated it 4/5 on Twitter.
  • Will thuppaki's success result in the actors salary getting increased and if so wheather its a right thing to do considering the situation tamil film industry is in? Asked by: Karthik
  • Sreedhar Pillai Yes salaries will go up , it is not good 4 the industry.
  • I think vijay's neat presence in screen was the sucess of thuppaki..did u agree? Asked by: dexilsam
  • Sreedhar Pillai Vijay and team work of those who worked behind the film.
  • can u tell me the success formula of the movie other than audience? Asked by: upamanyu
  • Sreedhar Pillai screenplay and good story line are the main reason i think of now
  • Though I like Vijay's dance and all. In my opinion nobody is there as alternative to Padayappa. He is simply great. I admire him. Last week I saw the interview of Vijay's mother in the Vijay TV. I was thrilled when I heard her saying that she feels GOD has blessed whenever Rajiniji sits beside Vijay shoulder to shoulder. I was really thrilled. What is your opinion ? Asked by: G. Ramadas
  • Sreedhar Pillai I agree with U
  • why dont we have film makers announcing the date of release of a film a month in advance like bollywood . Are we facing a lack of planning . thuppakki was postponed from 9th to 13th at the last minute Asked by: Deepak
  • Sreedhar Pillai The planning and execution in Kollywood is bad. Release date is most important.
  • Is this movie will have much profit to distributors too? Asked by: Sam

Hosted by

Sreedhar Pillai
Senior film journalist