ibnlive » Chat

3 pm Nov 26, 2012

NSG commando on government apathy

NSG commando Surinder Singh was injured in the 26/11 anti-terror operations in Mumbai. He has alleged that he has not been paid his dues and that the government and the force have turned a blind eye towards his injuries. The government and the armed forces have refuted his claims, saying that the bulk of his dues have been cleared and the remainder is being processed. Talk to Surinder Singh himself about his experience.
This chat is over. Thanks for joining.
13 questions answered | 5 questions pending
  • If your son wants to be a commando one day & serve the nation...would you allow him? Asked by: HS
  • Surinder Singh Of course, I would be proud of that day.
  • Its very unfortunate for such a thing to happen, but can meeting the prime minister help in any way, i wish you all the luck and salute you for passion and will continue to support this issue of yours. Asked by: Nitesh Srivastava
  • Surinder Singh Thanks a lot for your moral support. The people of India have kept me going. It keeps all the other commandos going. I do not think the govt was aware of all the details. But now that the media has brought so much focus on the matter, I really thank the media. Without them, my voice would not have reached the govt. I am sure it will get resolved now. I do not think one has to meet the PM for such a matter. It will be a shame if that is required. Thanks a lot all of you and IBNLive for giving me this opportunity of interacting with you. Jai Hind.
  • Share your experience of fighting the terrorist on 26/11. Asked by: Neha
  • Surinder Singh I am sorry. This is not the right space for that and I am not allowed to talk about it. Hope you understand.
  • What are your demands? What should ideally the govt do for war heroes? Asked by: Himanshu
  • Surinder Singh I strongly feel that the govt should devise a system so that if one gets killed or hurt in action, his family or himself receives his dues and all within 30 or 60 days. This should be the rule. I have not received any pension for the last 13 months. In times of such inflation, you can imagine my condition. I have my parents, brother, wife and two children to take care of. We fought for the country. I took eight bullets to kill those butchers. Why should I have to beg?
  • After so much harassment, do you have any regrets joining the force? Asked by: HS
  • Surinder Singh Never, I wanted to protect my country, to fight for my country. That zeal had nothing to do with material comfort. I may be hurt and may longer be in the force. But my heart is still that of a patriot and a soldier.
  • Message for youth, who wants to serve the nation like you. Asked by: Himanshu
  • Surinder Singh The man who fights for truth should be supported by his countrymen. They should support the truth, no matter what they are up against.
  • Do you think that govt has really learned the lesson from 26/11? Asked by: Neha
  • Surinder Singh The govt has taken significant steps to redress the situation. I hope we do not have to witness any such event ever again.
  • Do you feel contended that justice has been done over the hanging of hard core terrorist Ajmal Kasab? Asked by: Tiger
  • Surinder Singh Yes, it was the right justkice for Kasab.
  • Are you aware that you are raising serious questions about an all-powerful government? Are you aware of the consequences in terms of vindictiveness of the government? Asked by: Pankaj A
  • Surinder Singh If I was wrong, I would have been scared. But I am a commqando, fear is not my cup of tea.
  • what action you plan to take against the govt? Asked by: Monty
  • Surinder Singh I think public outcry is the most powerful tool. My voice has reached the govt. The govt should honour its soldiers.
  • Have the authorities forgotten the warriors completely? Asked by: Sunil
  • Surinder Singh They are harassing all, those who are still serving are also threatened not to speak.
  • The govt is saying they have cleared most of your dues and that you have been receiving your pension regularly. What do you have to say about this? Asked by: Prabhakar Tripathi
  • Surinder Singh The govt is lying. My bank account pass book does not have any transaction or any credit in the last two months. So where is the pension amount? It is extremely sporadic and not something someone can rely on. You know a lot of money came to NSG in forms of donation. There were cheques for me as well. Where is all that money. That is not accounted for too. There should be a probe into it all. Is this any way to treat the defenders of the nation. You open your mouth and they start exerting pressure.
  • Since you and other NSG commandos are an inspiration to the country. we need people with clear consicience like you to fight the might and the corrupt. Are you ready to join Aam Aadmi ki party to bring the change and inspire the youth Asked by: nishant
  • Surinder Singh I will support any party which fights against corruption. I am myself a victim of the same. And I will back them to the hilt.

Hosted by

Surinder Singh
Former NSG commando

More chats with:

Surinder Singh
Former NSG commando

NSG commando on government apathy