ibnlive » Chat

3.30 pm Nov 28, 2012

Justice for Lt Saurabh Kalia

Lt Saurabh Kalia of the 4 JAT Regiment was brutally tortured for almost 20 days before being shot dead by his Pakistani captors during the Kargil War in 1999. His family has since then been fighting to bring the guilty to book as such treatment of a prisoner of war is anti-thetical to all conventions and norms followed by respectable armed forces in the world.
This chat is over. Thanks for joining.
21 questions answered | No question pending
  • I think every soldier and their family should join aam aadmi party and teach this insensitive govt a lesson. Asked by: aam aadmi
  • Vaibhav Kalia The Awakening of its Citizens serves sufficiently for any Government!! Media has indeed played a pivotal role in our case and other issues concerning the government! Government automatically becomes more accountable.
  • please contact kejriwal, his office is in ghaziabad.. Asked by: aam aadmi
  • Vaibhav Kalia yes i shall write to him, he can give us some alternative approach and who knows that may click in this case!!
  • Good Evening Vaibhav, I salute your family and your late brother and we are with you in your fight. Let me know anything you need from me. Are you that sure that India will take up this case even after a Supreme Court verdict? Asked by: Christopher Johnson
  • Vaibhav Kalia We need everyone's support! It is too early to tell what the Govt. of India shall do in this case. We were promised since 1999 that this matter will be taken up, that did not happen unfortunately, however its not the end of the day either, at the moment we are looking at the Hon'ble Supreme Court.
  • Considering the hopeless situation Hindustan is in today (external threat & our preparation to counter it) don't you think a military coup will set the things right & our enemies will get a message? Asked by: TEJAS VASANT LELE
  • Vaibhav Kalia Cloudy days come and go, I have full faith in the constitution of our country! We are proud of our Army who does not interfere in the matters of civilian government. that is our country strength!! I personally feel, we need more representation of top army generals in the Government, for the matters relating to Welfare of the soldiers!!! Our history reminds us that "India Wins on borders but looses on negotiation tables !! "
  • Sir you please join aam aadmi party and fight elections. Asked by: aam aadmi
  • Vaibhav Kalia No!! I would never want to take Saurabh's name for a political mileage! I would rather prefer to be a humble voter of this country, than a political leader! but surely me and my family shall fight out for the honor of our soldiers!!!
  • Sir I salute your brother and your family. I have not forgotten Saurav kalia's name from the day I read the news in 1999 till now. Please support Aam aadmi party, they can only give you justice. This govt and BJP can never. Asked by: aa aadmi
  • Vaibhav Kalia I wish and pray our country get Governments and bureaucracy which takes care of all its citizens, soldiers and martyrs!!!
  • Vaibhav bhaiya. namaste.. successive govts r least bothered about martyrs.. apart from Capt. Kalia we hv 1971 pows example...... 54 brave soldiers still languishing & govt. doing nothing.... For Saurabh bhaiya's death.. i feel the Indian army was equally responsible.... when Saurabh was caught alive skardu radio in pok had declared this incident... still our army did nothing to get them back.....Capt. Kalia and his men paid a heavy price for this mess Asked by: TEJAS VASANT LELE
  • Vaibhav Kalia We have so many issues relating to our soldiers, PoWs, & Martyrs and somehow our government will not take up these matters even though enough proofs & facts exist. this is very unfortunate. I pray that such things never happen and if they ever happen, they are addressed appropriately by the Government!
  • Is it too late in the day for the UN to declare this as a war crime? Is there a time stipulation? Asked by: Manindra Chakrabarty
  • Vaibhav Kalia Let our Government make an effort to speak up firmly with Pakistan, and then a deterrent will be there for future, no other soldier (irrespective of which nation he belongs to) should get this type of treatment ever again!! Soldiers are also human!! 13 long years have passed, i am not sure about any time stipulation!! Even present Japanese Government Apologized for war crimes committed by the Japanese Imperial Army, 100 years back! A nation should not have reservations about saying Sorry for crimes done, we expect this from Pakistan, please identify and punish the guilty & apologise!
  • hello sir, i have a suggestion...if u approach this kejriwal he might sensationalise the issue...this will bring more media attention on it.. That way, I feel something will happen...we all want that u should get justice.. Asked by: senthil...
  • Vaibhav Kalia that is a good suggestion, thank you!! we shall look up it!!
  • Govt and we all must provide more facilities to our soldiers and their families. These corrupt politicians have made whole system bad. My sympathy towards you and family. India should take strong action against Pak. What will be your demands in Supreme Court? Asked by: sagar
  • Vaibhav Kalia Yes, giving ex-gratia grants to family of a fallen soldier does not end the responsibility of Government (and of we citizens also) !! Let us all be more compassionate with the families whose loved ones died fighting for the nation! Let us educate our younger generations about our heroes. We are requested the Hon'ble Supreme Court to ask the Govt. of India to take concrete steps to raise this issue with Pakistan.
  • We salute the supreme sacrifice made by your brother for mother land. The lackadaisical attitude of govt is highly deplorable. Govt should step up and pressurize Pakistan to tender unconditional apology. Have initiated a campaign for martyr, Saurav on web. http://www.merinews.com/article/open-letter-to-president-of-india-demanding-justice-for-kargil-hero/15878350.shtml http://wwwkrantirajiv-rajiv.blogspot.in/2012/11/open-letter-to-hon-prez-pranab.html Regards. Rajiv Asked by: Rajiv Azad
  • Vaibhav Kalia Thank you, we all need to try every possible way, this a fight with our own system, we need to rethink & act on how the matters of heroes are addressed !! Thank you for your campaign!!
  • Dear Sir, when we hear of stories of bravehearts like Lt. Saurabh Kalia, our heart fills with pride and emotion. Enduring such pain and torture could only be possible to children of God! We and our wishes will always be with families like yours! Salutations to your family! Asked by: Murali Narasimhan
  • Vaibhav Kalia thank you! We need your support & blessings!! It is our family's biggest strength
  • how social media can give it a loud & clear voice & whom the post be addressed? Asked by: dptoshniwal
  • Vaibhav Kalia Social Media gives us the platform to keep the issues alive, which dont get space in newspapers or television. I would request please Keep up the issue alive, the moment it is not discussed, the Government shall forget it immediately (or as per their convenience) There is a group on facebook: Justice for Capt Saurabh Kalia, please join it!
  • So you are basically saying that no Army chief since 1999 has written to the govt on the issue. That's a shame. Asked by: Oscar
  • Vaibhav Kalia Gen. VP Malik & Gen. Padmanabhan did write to us, that they have written to the Government. We are not aware of further correspondence.
  • Do u think Indians are patriotic towards their country? I feel they are patriotic towards their family, caste, religion only..What is ur take on this? Asked by: ARJ800...
  • Vaibhav Kalia Yes indeed, after 1999, i have seen it myself that no matter how much culturally diverse we might be, we may be of any religion, caste.. we Indians have sufficient Nationalist feelings inside us that keeps our country strong and united. Yes, there can be differences amongst us, but when it comes for Causes of the Nation (like Saurabh's case), there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that We INDIANS ARE PATRIOTIC TOWARDS OUR COUNTRY. Kargil war just showed our nationalist spirits!!!
  • Hi Sir...I am sure justice will be done to your brother.. We are all praying to Lord Shiridi Sai Baba for justice to your brother.. Believe in him..You will get justice... Asked by: justice...
  • Vaibhav Kalia Thank you!! We go forward only by people's support and blessings!!! Since kargil happened, we have seen how Indians have kept this issue alive in their hearts, we need to shake up the sleeping government and our struggle shall bear fruits!!
  • I sympathise with you and your family sir...But the bitter truth is that in India honest people don't get their due....Only corrupt, power-hungry, casteist and criminal politicians get their due Asked by: aaa...
  • Vaibhav Kalia Well we can never let the hope die!!! I assure everyone that our family takes this issue till we are alive !! We shall fight for the justice and for the honor of the soldiers, one day Government has to wake up & the system shall change for good!!!
  • Are you getting cooperation from the Army on this? They should take this up more than anyone else. Asked by: Anamika
  • Vaibhav Kalia Yes & a NO !! Everytime we have approached Army, we have been referred to Defence Ministry. Individually, Army supports us from heart, every soldier and officer we talk to, support us!! Personally i believe, if Army Chief writes about this matter to Govt, it shall be read with wider opened eyes in the Government.
  • What the Pakistani troops did to Saurabh stands directly against the provisions of the Geneva Convention? Which is the proper forum that you can take this matter to? Asked by: Sai Ganeshan
  • Vaibhav Kalia Our fight for justice is a fight happening inside our own system! We need to wake up the sleeping government... then we can firmly address this issue with pakistan in the bilateral meetings we have with them, and then to UN where the Geneva convention is signed by countries
  • Completely empathise with you. My friend Lt Kanad Bhattacharya of 8 Punjab was also killed in action in Kargil. But Saurabh's case is unique. It's a case of crime against humanity. Please do not lose heart. Fight on. The country is with you even if the govt is not. Asked by: Arnab Roy
  • Vaibhav Kalia Thank you! For us, it is not an individual's case which we are fighting for, its a fight for the honor of our soldiers!! We shall continue our struggle till we get justice!! People support us from the core of their hearts.
  • India does not recognise the International Criminal Court's jurisdiction. Does not that complicate the situation? Asked by: Raghuveer
  • Vaibhav Kalia Indian recognition to ICC is a secondary issue, at the moment we first need to wake up our Government to take up this matter with Pakistan in a firm manner so that to begin with, it serves as a deterrent to any such incidents repeating in future. Both India and Pakistan are signatories to Geneva Convention, we treat their POW soldiers (thousands) and they kill and torture Indian Soldiers, it is unacceptable!

Hosted by

Vaibhav Kalia
Brother of Lt Saurabh Kalia

More chats with:

Vaibhav Kalia
Brother of Lt Saurabh Kalia

Justice for Lt Saurabh Kalia