Managing Editor, IBN7
Managing Editor, IBN7
The Presidential poll
- Ashutosh, what according to you, made Mamta to change her stand? Is it not a political defeat for her? Asked by: Shyam Vadalker
- Only she can answer. It was a decision which even her party members were not able to understand. May be because of the pressure of her own party members and then Bengal issue too . How could she not support if the president from Bengal was to be elected ?
- Ashutosh, though it was almost certain that Pranab Mukherjee would win the presidential election, what made him take tour to diffent states meeting heads of the various political parties.Don't you think it has undermine the office of the President? Asked by: Shyam Vadalker
- It was part of great democratic tradition where every one who is contesting elections go to ask for vote. pranab Mukjerji did the same and it was good.
- After Smt Pratibha Patil poor show what you think should be the first few step to be taken by the incoming president to regain the lost respect, pride and dignity of the highest office? Asked by: Rizwan
- Pranab Mukherji is expected to behave like a president not like a rubber stamp, I hope he will do the same.
- Why was the UPA ALLY TMC's choice of Abdul Kalam and Gopal gandhi not to the liking of UPA 2 ( -TMC ) Asked by: sundar1950in
- Every party has a candidate of his or her choice , NDA had Kalam and UPA has Pranab , as simple.
- Was Pranab Mukherjee chosen as a Presidential candidate to avoid giving him big post as for example PM (if UPA wins next general election) to him? As everybody knows he was not the first choice of Sonia Gandhi .... Asked by: Abhishek Sheth
- Speculations and conspiracy theories will fly all over but fact is that now he is the candidate for the President and most probably he will be next president. Rest let history decide.
- Pardon me for using some heavy words here .........But electing Pranab mukherjee as President means that after a puppet PM we will have a puppet President? Asked by: Abhishek Sheth
- Sorry i dont agree with you . Pranab will never be a puppet president .
- What is the philosophy of Congress and UPA in general by not choosing DR. APJ ABDUL KALAM as the new president, as he is the choice of all the Indians??? Does it have to do with the fear that in next general elections there will be no clear mandate on who will win and there will be a hung up assembly? Because in that case UPA will need a president who is on their side? Asked by: Abhishek Sheth
- I dont understand why Kalam should be president ? He might be popular president but i dont rate him very high as a president. K R Narayanan was a much superior president. Even S D Sharma and Rajendra Prasad were great presidents. I dont think it was a good choice to have Kalam as president.
- What will happen, if BJP cell moves to SC for forgery case & office of Profit issue? Pratibha Patil will continue president post even after 25th july in that case? Asked by: Neel Shah
- No way, Vice president will fill the gap.
- How long does it take in general to count the votes and around what time shall we expect the results be out on the 22nd? when likely will be the swearing in of The new president Asked by: HARIHARAN
- Lets hope picture will be clear by 4 PM
- Do you think Congress now wants to make way for the younger generation after sending its 'Sankatmochak' to Raisana Hill? Asked by: Sunil Kumar
- I know one thing every crisis brings an opportunity and shifting of Pranab will provide an opportunity for others to show case their talent . You never know some one from the next generation will come up with better talent
- Why a Failed FM is being promoted? is it bankrupcy of competence in UPA? Asked by: Naveen
- He is not a failed FM . He is one of the most dynamic and competent politicians this country has produced. Please dont insult him by using such words.
- Was Pratibha Patel a failure? If yes, How? Asked by: Priyabrata Tripathy
- She is not a failure but yes she did not enhance the prestige of the office.
- Dont you feel that in the present circumstances wherein the President is virtually a fugurehead all te political parties shoud get togethrer and have a unanimous choice of a President? Asked by: Arun
- I am against unanimity as it is not democratic. Election is democracy and should be respected that way.
- what are the corporate interests in the presidential poll? Asked by: jiten
- You better answer ?
- DO you think NDA did a mistake by taking a step back on Mr Abdul Kalam nomination? Asked by: Abhishek
- NDA did a mistake by not having their own candidate and borrowing from the other , it is not the way a main opposition is suppoesed to behave . They should set the agenda, not to be dictated by others agenda.
- Will the new president visit the Neighbouring countries first to strenthen regional ties ?? Asked by: sundar1950in
- President should do that if required .
- I know both gate keepers of Gandhi family win the elections but do you sense a Karnataka or Gujarat governor kind of a coup in the nearest future ?. Asked by: aditya.yanamand
- What about gate keepers of the RSS and Left ?
- following the prez election the Vice President election is laso likely to go the UPA 2 way.With the possible econd term for Hamid Ansari the rajya sabha sittings are predictable and will follow the last few years of few days working ?? Asked by: sundar1950in
- If availabe democracy decide that way what can we do ?
- It is over now - to PRANAB Mukherjee. Even though no whip can be issued hardly anty cross voting expected. was it Shrewd management by UPA 2 or the DOUBLE CROSSING OF SP which has made the results too predictable ?? Asked by: sundar1950in
- Smart manipulation ....
- What do you feel about a Presidential form of government and president being elected by the people to avoid the drawbacks of the coalition government? Asked by: prathap v p
- There are flaws in our parliamentary form of the goverenance but a country as vast as ours presidential form of administration will not work. Dont forget this country has progressed during the coalition era . Economic reform was started in 1991 and there is not one party which has majority of its own. All the govt were coalition govts. So coalition is not as bad people think or want to project. Indian experiience tells a different tale.
- Do you think that now the Congress is on a stronger wicket with both Pranabda and Hamid Ansari likely to win their respective elections Asked by: Alok Jain
- It looks like congress has emerged stronger .
More chats with:Ashutosh
Managing Editor, IBN7