Should Rahul Gandhi become Leader of the Lok Sabha?
- Will he be smart enough in sacking leaders like Rajiv sacked Pranab or will he be like Manmohan and getting protection from them despite their tantrums like Pawar, Mamata etc Asked by: Manush
- He will be inimitably Rahul Gandhi. He will have to be mindful of the coalitinal imperatives as any leader has to do in this day and age. That requires a tight rope walk.
- Rahul has no credential as a leader and he is not fit to be leader of congress. There are more talented leader than him . Asked by: Ajit
- Rahul has a pan Indian image, thanks to his family legacy. There may bemany leaders more talneted than him, but he has acceptance in his party, the 127 year old Congress, which is more than many other leaders have.
- He should but will he. Rightly speaking it should be Sonia to take up that position. She has been running the UPA Govt with manmohan being a pawn? When thim]ngs go great she takes the credit and when things go wrong poor manmohan and his govt are blamed? dont u feel Manmohan should have seenb the family game plan by now and resigned so tha history does not blame him for all that has happened evenn though he is being directed by the Family? Asked by: Anonymous.
- Dr Manmohan Singh could have drawn the line more firmly at the ouset of UPA I on things that were not acceptable, particularly from the allies instead of beign buffeted around. Suppose he had refused to take in tainted ministers, what is the worst that could have happened? An election again? But then let there be one or two elections on issues like that and we will establish the lakshman rekhas for coalitional functioning.
- Even after eight long years Indians dont know views of Rahul Gandhi on anything.How come on earth will he be able to debate on controversial issues like Kashmir,food inflation,corruption and communal problems.Is this not a huge gamble by congress which can break Rahul career if he is asked to head the parliamentary wing at time when popularity of government is at its lowest Asked by: chinmay
- Yes there are many issues on which we would like to Rahul Gandhi's views. Yes,it is going to be a challenge for Rahul Gandhi if he becomes the leader of the Lok Sabha, as has been suggested by some of his party MPs, and he wil confront a very aggressive opposition. Of course he will be helped by a team of others. Perhaps he should start as a Minister in the Manmohan Singh Government to begin with. Some would arge that the only way to learn is to be thrown at the deep end,and learn to swim.
- Has he got in him motivation to revive economy and give country a new direction as till now he seems only to follow what suits party so fdi is good in retail but should be shelved to be in power so will he be playing double game Asked by: Rij
- What goes in favour of Rahul Gandhi is that he means well and is sincere. Going by his track record so far, he would also go for distributive justice, along with growth. he wil have to strike a balance.
- Why is Rahul Gandhi finding it so difficult to make it big in politics when other young leaders like Omar Abdullah,Sukhbir and Akhilesh had a smooth transition to sucess Asked by: chinmay
- He has been more diffident that he need have been.Since he is going to be in public life and the poarty expects him to lead it--andte Government-- if the opportunity comes--he should hae taken the bul by the horn earlier. Reluctance to wield power went down well for some years, but now he must come upfront and take posiitons.
- Your answer to a question is that the only way to laern to swim is by being thrown in the deep end. But with people like Digvijay, narainswamy and the likes they would act as a lifebuoy and not let him sink and also not learn.. Asked by: Ananymous.
- You dont have a great opinion about Rahul's colleagues or their politial savvy.
- Do you think Rahul can deliver his best as NO. 1 or NO. 2 ? He might be on the limelight as there is no strong alternative from the opposition. What is your comment on it ? Thanks Asked by: Syed
- Personally I think, Rahul Gandhi should enter the UPA Minsitry at this stage, and be exposed to the complexities of governance and administration. This will also send a suitable signal to his party workers, and to the country that he is prepared to lead in 2014.
- Does Rahul have it in him to get involved with controversial issues like Assam riots, inflation etc as till now he has only spoken on general issues like nuclear deal so can he take pressure to take on pressure multiple quarters as even Manmohan & Pranab are failure in dealing with them Asked by: Manav
- I wish he had gone to Assam soon after the violence erupted and applied a healing touch there.Nobody starts off being a repository of wisdon, we all learn as we go along. At the end of the day, what matters is your intention and will to do something.
- Irrespective of the election results in UP where rahul gandhi campaigned ,Dont you think his entry in to the givernment would reuvenate the UPA Asked by: T R Aravind
- Yes I think it would enthuse the party workers, and if Rahul's entry in the government is accompanied by other bold and innovative steps, the party can turn around a situation which has become difficult for it.
- Dont you think Rahul Gandhi is nowhere near the popularity of Narendra Modi.So how come taking the post of leadership in Loksabha enhance his appeal Asked by: chinmay
- That is the future to decide, whether Rahul Gandhi or Narendra Modi would be more popular
- Why is it that congress have from time to time come forward and plead with Rahul to take leadership responsibilities.Doesnt this show their desperation Asked by: chinmay
- The Nehru Gandhi family has been a unifying force for the Congress party.Congressmen accept a member of the family in the leadership position,not each other.
- What are the qualifications of Rahul Gandhi to hold a post like leader of ruling party in Parliament?Dont you think congress should consider more mature and efficient choices for the post rather than a novice like Rahul Asked by: chinmay
- I think Rahul should enter the Government first than take on being the leader of the House at this stage.
- If the Congress want to project him as a PM candidate he must. However, he would be exposed and I am not sure if he would be able to impress with his capabilities.Going to Dalit houses is another matter which does not represent your capabilitiesto govern. Dont you feel that this is the right perception? How long can the BABA be shieled by the likes of Digvijay singh. Asked by: Arun
- I wish many more of our leaders, across parties, would visit dalit homes and stay there, to identify themselves with them. Our leaders have become so delinked from the real porblems of the people.
- In management sessions we are given lots of motivational quotes on failure, like failure are pillars to success, Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor, etc but when it comes to Rahul Gandhi why are people behaving so differently, why are not considering his so called failure in Uttarpradesh as stepping stone in his long political career, why is national media have decided to discard him out so early in his political career… He is new to politics and to be fair to him he has chosen to revive congress in the most difficult state of UttarPradesh… he could have choosen easier state like Haryana, Maharashtra or Andhra and could have been a winner easily. The very fact that he has chosen such a difficult objective very early in his career speaks good thing about him as a leader… lets give him a fair chance before discarding him as a failure… Your thoughts Madam??? Asked by: Rizwan
- I agree, nothing succeeds like success. Akhilesh Yadav was till the other day seen as the boy next door. But his party was seen as the alternative to the BSP, which the people of UP wanted replaced. Yes, I must give it to Rahul Gandhi for deciding to lead from the front in UP, in an adverse situation, when the Congress orgnaisation had been decimated.
- Rahul Gandhi has an absymal attendance record in LokSabha, has hardly asked any questions and not come up with any Private member bill. In this light, would it be appropriate to select him as the leader of this august house. Asked by: Akshat Shankar
- I agree, he needs to establish hismelf as a parliamentarian first before taking on the chanllenge of being the leader of the House.
- I am not a BJP supporter but I would be ashamed if a non performer like Rahul Gandhi is made the Leader of House. Don't you think it would be a dark day of our democaracy as a person who has no legislative achievements to show would be leading the Lok Sabha? Asked by: Akshat Shankar
- I feel he should take on ministerial responsibilities or responsibilities in the party, of being number two, to assist his mother, or even both, before thinking of being the leader of the House.
More chats with:Neerja Chowdhury