2 pm Jan 29, 2013
The Telangana conundrum
As politicians drag their feet, the Telangana region awaits the next eruption of violence and lawlessness. Discuss the matter with political analyst & independent member of Andhra Pradesh legislative council K Nageshwar.
26 questions answered
- FOR CONG DOES EVERY THING REVOLVES AROUND VOTE BANK POLITICS AND NUMBER OF SEATS A DECISION WILL GIVE THEM Asked by: srinivass
- WHY DOES CONG DONOT WANT TELANGANA TO BE FORMED Asked by: srinivass
- K Nageshwar The Congress is not even telling this. It is indulging in politics of procrastination and prevarication. Indecisiveness has been the policy of Congress Party. Off late, despite indecisiveness , it , is indulging in politics of polarization on both sides. The Congress leaders of both the regions are promoting two divergent views while the high command remains nude spectator.
- I am of the view that the violence that is spreading is unwarranted. It is a political decision that is awaited. Enough protests and agitations have been held to convey the T sentiment to the centre. Do you think fresh agitations and violence can lead to a quick resolution of this issue? Asked by: Srikanth
- K Nageshwar Let us first understand that there was no violence. There may be sporadic incidents and to a great extent belligerent posturing and verbal wars. Whether one likes or not inordinate delay in a decision either way would automatically result in agitations and actions whether or not they contribute to resolution of the issue.
- With central govt(home ministry) going back on its commitment to come out with solution with in a month time, what are the legal options that a court or President can take action on the central govt? Asked by: Nagaraju
- DO YOU THINK THESE RESIGNATION MY CONG MPS IS A FARCE TO COOL THE CROWDS IF THEY WERE SO SERIOUS THEY COULD HAVE VOTED AGAINST THE OFFICIAL VIEP OF THE PARTY IN PARLIAMENT AND STATE ASSEMBLY AND FACE THE CONSEQUENCES IF ANY DO THEY HAVE THE GUTS TO DO IT Asked by: srinivass
- K Nageshwar It is not the question of courage. The Congress MP's want to remain in Congress still want ot be the protagonists of Telangana cause. An average politician is thinking of his or her political future . They are weighing various options like whether they get the TRS ticket etc., once they cross the rubicon
- Why not Telangana agitation be continuous to achieve the object.Doing agitation as and when leaders are Free,dampens the seriousness....Agree?? Asked by: Shabbir
- K Nageshwar The Telangana movement off late is continuing. There may be degree of difference in the intensity of activities. The problem in the movement according to me as an independent political observer is it fails to achieve common minimum political unity across the parties and became hostage to competitive politics of various parties claiming to be committed to the cause and further claims to sacrifice anything for the cause.
- Are They Serious?...can we trus the T-Mps.. Y they are sending the Resignition to Sonia Gandhi.. if they are really fed up with the High command...They can directly send the resignitions to the speaker....am I right? Asked by: Vinodh Kumar Mandhala
- hi,sir.how r u? do u think that telangana has genuine reasons to be separated? Asked by: k.l.ramnayak
- K Nageshwar Every body is entitled to have an opinion. But, those who are committed to united Andhra Pradesh also can not ensure it for long unless they understand the reasons for such sentiment and address the democratic aspects of such reasons. . for instance, there is a strong feeling that Telangana lost out in water resources, funds, employment . The fact of history that there existed two states for several years before they were merged to form AP further strengthens such consciousness.
- Do you think the meeting which was hosted by Undavalli Arun Kumar at Rajahmundry had given us some real facts? Asked by: KK
- K Nageshwar Facts are sacred. Interpretation is free. Undavally has his own interpretation which need not necessarily be sacred. for instance he said that Jai Andhra movement in late 60's was an intense one but not the Telangana movement of that time. This is not true. Both the movements were intense. Arun Kumar spoke more like a leader of a particular region though the meeting was named as Jai Andhra Pradesh . He should have honestly addressed the reasons that created such sentiment in Telangana even while advocating against the decision. As a result it has cut no ice with the people in Telangana
- Sir, with the Rayalseema clearly going to YSR, isn't it the wise and obvious decision to carve out Telangana, as this will fetch them most of the seats in this region? Asked by: Ankit
- Do you think giving seperate telengana will really improve the people's condition? Isn't it nothing more than manuplative politicians thirst for power? Asked by: Ravi Kiran
- K Nageshwar All problems can not be solved just by formation of a state. The plight of the people is based on the socio, ecocnomic policies . But, at the same time, one can not ignore that a history o broken promises like non implementation of Gentlemen s agreement, six point formula, 610 GO . etc., led to cumulative sentiment. .in Telangana . Unless, this problem is addressed a just solution to the vexed problem can not be found.
- sir, is the UPA just buying time till 2014? is the formation of separate state inevitable? if yes, what implications will it have on other demands for separate states in India? Asked by: srinath
- K Nageshwar No body can say whether UPA is waiting for 2014 or even beyond. The NDA also didnot deliver Telangana . Every party is assessing the political benefits of the various options. There are many separate state demands in India. But, they differ in terms of history, intensity , nature, causes, political support they enjoy, etc.
- Is that because of Hydarbad the lock down is there..because Andra pradesh minus Telenagana has a lot for it self..as in past we saw some states created because they had natural resources like Jharkhand which left Bihar with nothing..the case here is not like that..rest of andhra has a lot for it..so why are the andhara people against the creation of telengana.. Asked by: Rohit
- K Nageshwar Hyderabad is the bone of contention because in the last several decades, people from all the regions developed physical , emotional, economic relationship with the city as it was the state capital. It is a fact that Hyderabad was a great city even before the formation of Andhra Pradesh. It is also equally fact that that all the regions have contributed to the growth and grandeur of Hyderabad as it stands today.
- is Telanga really backward than districts like Srikakulam and Vijayanagaram? Asked by: Suresh
- K Nageshwar Backwardness and development disparities are inter regional and intra regional in nature. It is true that North Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema districts are more backward than some districts in Telangana. But, the problem is Telangana was a separate state in the form of Hyderabad state for eight years before the formation of Andhra Pradesh in 1956 . This still remains in the popular consciousness of Telangana people. Political , economic, cultural factors failed to wipe out this and at times strengthened the feeling which took the shape of Telangana sentiment.
- I have seen 1969 telangana agitation where the leaders discontinued the struggle and abandoned the students for their selfish gains. How many lives and careers were ruined at that time! Today, I just want to ask all these leaders - political and student, what was happening to the funds allotted all these years for developmental work in their respective constituencies? At least the people who got elected were from telangana, were they not? Asked by: sakuntala
- K Nageshwar The political leadership in Telangana is certainly need to answer this question. Many of these issues which the Telangana movement is now raising were in the political and social domain for all these years. The Political leadership of Telangana especially those in power are equally responsible. .
- why not declare Hyd as a common capital for 10 years, let each region develop a capital of its own and after 10 years declare Hyd as a UT? Your take on this? Asked by: Srikanth
- what do u think about the water disputes. If telagana state is formed. is there any solution for that also Asked by: niva
- Is it not possible have referendum or special election in the state for take decision on Telangana? Asked by: Krishna Reddy Chittedi
- Why OU students have have been involved in this T-movement? don't you think their future is getting spoiled? For every politician provoke announcement there will be one firing session at OU, what you do think best way of protecting our students(ou/au/svu) future? Asked by: Sivaji
- DO YOU THINK UPA GOVT IS NOT IN A POSITION TO TAKE A DECISION ON TELANGANA i.e NOT HAVING POLITICAL WILL. Asked by: ANAND
- hello sir...when Congress joined hands with TRS in 2004, the leaders from coastal Andhra did not say anything. Why are they suddenly objecting to Telangana? Isn't it hypocrisy? Asked by: mamta
- Hi Sir, Is the resolution from the state assembly is mandatory for the state division. what if the Bill passed in the parliment but same failed in the state assembly. Asked by: Ravikiran
- K Nageshwar Seeking the opinion of the state Assembly is mandatory. But, according to article 3 of the constitution , Parliament can take a decision even when the state Assembly opposes or fails to give its opinion in a stipulated period. The opinion of the Assembly is not mandatory for parliament but only the opinion of Assembly need to be taken.
- The Demand for a Separate Telangana: Promoting Divisiveness? Asked by: Krishna Reddy Chittedi
- Do you think the creation of sperate states benifits..in past several satates were created but they still didnt showed the grouth and development expected..better people fight for better administration and tru development in every front from the government and take that..waht you say..? Asked by: Rohit
- KCR says Settlers in Telangane should be thrown out,He says they are cheaters and many more abuses... Is this the way a elceted represenative speaks which is against Constitution and still rome scot free without arrest.do u think if state is seperated he and his party will maintain the global image of Hyd?? Asked by: Kiran_KK
- Sir hasn't this Telangana issue, reduced the importance of Hyderabad and Andhra. One tends to feel, the investment in Andhra has reduced. And is Telangana formration going to help the lives of the people in anyway? Your views sir Asked by: Narayan
Hosted byK Nageshwar
Independant Member, Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council
More chats with:K Nageshwar
Independant Member, Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council