5.30 pm Feb 04, 2013
Govt goes into overdrive on decision making: Is UPA looking for early polls?
Is UPA looking for early polls? Talk to one of the country's top political journalists to find out.
13 questions answered
- After budget is what the likely call govt will take on early polls ? Asked by: Prithviraj Chavan
- Does UPA has prepared well for early polls? Support from SP to be withdrawn as per reports will they call for early polls. If so will they retain their position as they did in 2009? Asked by: V.Nandakumar, Chennai
- Bhupendra Chaubey Nandakumar, frankly, elections can't be forced just by SP. It will require a coordinated effort from parties like Sp, bjd, trinamool, and even bsp. Calculation is that if u allow cong to continue post implementation of populist policies, then you give them a chance to condsolidate.
- What is your gut feeling onto when the elections will be held? Asked by: Rahul
- UPA has nothing worthwhile to showcase, it has mismanaged almost everything.How will early polls suit them ? Asked by: Rakesh Katyal
- Bhupendra Chaubey Rakesh, UPA wont go in for polls its own self. What it will do is that it will wait to see whether allies can be managed upto a point. Frankly, at the moment, it doesnt have a problem as far as allies like NC, NCP or DMK are concerned. Its main problem is with parties like BSP and SP, which have a very unpredictable nature
- Hello sir...how is the scenario in UP now? Who will do well? How is anti-incumbency against SP? Asked by: sunny
- Bhupendra Chaubey In a strange irony of sorts, SP is placed exactly where BSP was placed in 2009. Then Mayawati was enjoying a full majority govt in UP and perception was that she will get at least 40 seats. Look at what happened. Now Mulayam is in full majority govt, but I suspect he may well turn out to be second best party in UP
- is it about early polls or is the overdrive simply because they rightly think that they have messed up so bad that it will need almost 1 year of clean up to stand a chance in 2014? Asked by: Shekar
- IS UPA prepared for ealy polls? Are they prepared to face all diktats of the opposition prevailing now? Will they perform farely if they call early elections? How about their allaiance response? Asked by: V.Bhaskar Chennai
- Why not make Rahul Gandhi the PM and undertake all these measures under him so that it gives an advantage when he seeks a madate for UPAIII? Your thoughts? Asked by: Manish Sharma
- Hi Bhupendra..Look why can’t these policy decisions be looked in isolation and separately from the elections?..Do you really think yourself personally that these policies / policy decisions are going to hurt people more than they benefit?.. Asked by: JK
- If Mulayam's party is second best in UP who will be no. 1 Asked by: Manish Sharma
- My feeling is that, unless forced deep by some critical ally of UPA, the won't choose election at all till it completes its term. At the same time giving more time to BJP means they will be much more organized to fight than the immediate future. In this scenario, what is your take, Sir?? Asked by: Madhu K. Nair,
- will UPA have any adv going early? Asked by: Sandeep
- Is Congress/Rahul Gandhi ready to call early polls? What should be their strategy if they do so? Will they keep their present allies again? Or they will ber some new additions? What will be the result for UPA if they call elections now? Asked by: V.Meenakshi Chennai
Hosted byBhupendra Chaubey
National affairs editor, CNN-IBN
More chats with:Bhupendra Chaubey
National affairs editor, CNN-IBN