ibnlive » Chat

4 pm Feb 05, 2013

On his movie 'David'

Chat with director Bejoy Nambiar on his movie 'David'.
70 questions answered
  • Why 3 stories in Hindi and only two in Tamil??? When people in India can watch & enjoy Hollywood movies, why can't one common format for both instead of this region specific strategy? Asked by: Bharath
  • Bejoy Nambiar Didn't think the London setting for a Tamil Mileu will work
  • Vishwaroopam release fiasco affected David's first weekend collections in anyway??? Asked by: Bharath
  • Bejoy Nambiar BIG TIME !
  • Whom do you consider for Vikram's part before? As you said You consider Vikram for Neil Nithin portion. Asked by: Vignesh
  • Bejoy Nambiar VIKRAM was the first choice
  • Are you happy with the response to the movie? Asked by: Siddharth
  • Bejoy Nambiar Nope. Hoping it picks up more steam in the week.
  • Why didn't you shoot parellely for Tamil? Asked by: Budu
  • Bejoy Nambiar We did as much as we could given the variables.
  • Why haven't Neil Nitin's Character not casted in Tamil Version? Asked by: Dasan
  • Bejoy Nambiar Already answered that
  • Many reviews say that the Lip Sync in Tamil Version has been so Poor. What is the reason? Asked by: Dasan
  • Bejoy Nambiar Pls watch the film to form your own opinion
  • what made u to choose jiiva for this film? Asked by: senthilks
  • Bejoy Nambiar I have been a huge fan of Jiiva since 'Katradu thamizh"
  • Why were the subtitles of bad quality? How come you didnt use rekhs. Many non tamils were disappointd with the subtitlte quality. Asked by: Santhosh
  • Bejoy Nambiar Rekhs is that u posing questions as Santosh? :)
  • 'David' has quite an ensemble cast just like 'Shaitaan'. According to you, which character among the two films was most difficult to cast? Asked by: Bedit Banerjee
  • Bejoy Nambiar The musician David
  • I saw Shaitan and i was blown back, now it's David and i loved it. Saw it thrice One thing i found in both was a plane idea being developed with complex shot's when will i get to watch a complex story? Asked by: Mayur Madhavan E
  • Bejoy Nambiar Already people are blaming me for not keeping it simple :) anyways to answer ur question - very soon
  • After watching David, I felt it would've been a great one if it is a short film... Was it initially planned as a short film? Asked by: Bharath
  • Bejoy Nambiar Nope. It was always a feature film idea
  • What camera did you use for the movie? The cinematography was brilliant. Asked by: Shan
  • Bejoy Nambiar Red epic
  • If it wasn't Jiiva, who would've been the option? Asked by: Dasan
  • Wat is ur take on directors being writers? I feel both r different field. Infact even ur mentor Mr. Maniratnam has writers 4 many of his movies. Remembr Mr. Sujatha writing for him. Asked by: Hariesh
  • Bejoy Nambiar Depends on the script
  • Sir, Shaitan was a great movie. By any chance, will you attempt to make the movie in Tamil? Asked by: PMannen
  • What inspired the 3 stories of David? Asked by: Ria
  • Bejoy Nambiar A newspaper article
  • Both your movies have many characters. Any Single-Hero- Specific movie subject in future? Any Malayalam projects lined up? Asked by: Dasan
  • Bejoy Nambiar Will try for both :)
  • Did you expect mixed response from the crowd even prior to the film's release? Asked by: deepak krishnamurthy
  • Are you a Mallu? If so, im proud to be one. Asked by: Joseph Kutty
  • Bejoy Nambiar Ok I am not let go an opportunity to be super FILMY " Mr. Joseph Kutty, I an Indian first !! ( loud patriotic background music)
  • Saar, takin lead from one of ur prev answers...wen will u start acting in films? :) ;) Asked by: Balaji Mohan
  • Bejoy Nambiar Pls launch me
  • Present Day movie making economics require stringent cost control. Which are the areas would you concentrate? Asked by: Dasan
  • Bejoy Nambiar Reducing star remmuneration
  • david is looking very good will watch this any movie for bollywood hero shahid kapoor Asked by: shubham lahoti
  • Bejoy Nambiar Errr he isn't in it
  • What was the total production budget of 'David' - both Tamil and Hindi? Asked by: Nikhil Thomas
  • Bejoy Nambiar Pls ask Reliance
  • Will you going to be making movies in Tamil more often or stay in Bollywood at the time being? I really loved the Tamil version! Asked by: Lucas
  • Bejoy Nambiar For sure !
  • Which is your all time favourite Indian movie? Asked by: Urmis Thamban
  • Your favorite 2012 hindi film ? Asked by: Tushar
  • are u ready to direct one more movie with jiiva in future? Asked by: senthilks
  • Bejoy Nambiar Only if he agrees
  • I have a script that I have written with you in mind as director? Where and how can I meet you? Asked by: Charan
  • Bejoy Nambiar I work on my own scripts only
  • Its Bejoy's kind of film that's true but what is the reason for bad response :- weak story line or different story line?? Asked by: Dixit Javia
  • Bejoy Nambiar Maybe a bit of both. I wanna lean on different though
  • if you were to make a movie based on a book, which one would that be? Asked by: Pavithran
  • Bejoy Nambiar " how to make an intelligent 100 crore film "
  • Dont you think the name DAVID is main enemy for the film to get such poor response in Tamil nadu.You should have kept a catchy tamil name.... Asked by: mekala
  • Bejoy Nambiar Like DAVID BILLA OR DAVID PAIYYA OR DAVID SIRUTHHAI. No don't think so.
  • Thanks for making Anirudh launched in Bollywood. Great combooo. I got back with my boyfriend because of that song. Congrats on your movie success Asked by: Shika Golecha
  • Bejoy Nambiar Hope Ani is reading this
  • How do you react to critics who say that style overtakes substance in your films? Asked by: Reghu Jaitly
  • Bejoy Nambiar Well you can't please everyone. Will try harder
  • Have you started working on your next script Asked by: Deepak
  • Bejoy Nambiar Yes. Very much.
  • Both Shaitan and David are for specifc set of audience..are you planning anything for a larger audience... Asked by: Rohit
  • Bejoy Nambiar Will try harder for that
  • What was the entire point of the Lara Dutta sub plot? Asked by: Charan
  • Bejoy Nambiar Well obviously u didn't get it
  • Whats your take on Huge Budget (Enthiran, Viswaroopam) Vs Small Budget (Pizza, NKPK)? Which do you think will thrive in future? Asked by: Dasan
  • Bejoy Nambiar I sincerely hope both do
  • Which is your most favourite Malayalam film? Asked by: David
  • Bejoy Nambiar Too many to name. Immediately " thoovana thumbikal" comes to mind
  • How does a scriptwriter make an entry into Bollywood today? Do you have suggestions for aspiring writers? Asked by: Charan
  • Bejoy Nambiar Register ur ideas and pitch to production houses and directors.
  • vikram said he would hav loved to play all the 3 davids did this tot ever come to u casting him in a triple action role as 3 davids? Asked by: karthik
  • Bejoy Nambiar Hahaha. No
  • Whose your favourite actor in india both hindi and tamil ? Asked by: Deepak
  • Bejoy Nambiar Sanjeev kumar
  • dnt u think even d hindi version wud have been better with oli 2 davids ?exludin d goan part...looked 2 b dragged Asked by: russel
  • Bejoy Nambiar Nope. Don't agree on that
  • According to you which is the most tough job..screenwriting or direction.. Asked by: Rohit
  • What / who inspired you to choose to be a Film maker??? Would lov to see you on screen...any chance of guest appearance in ür next film??? Asked by: Jayshree Iyengar
  • Bejoy Nambiar Much better off behind the camera !
  • If these things were done on the tamil film , it would have been a huge hit . will u agree to these a)reduce the drunkard portions of vikram and have another neat storyline set in goa b)ask a bigger star may be vijay surya or ajith for the neil nitin mukesh role in tamil. (nativity will never matter here) Asked by: Deepak
  • Bejoy Nambiar Ok Saar. Point noted. Now I'll do exactly as u say. NOT
  • From a previous answer. neither the mumbai setting nor the goan setting would have established a connect with the tamil audience. how do you justify this reason for leaving out the london portion? Asked by: Pavithran
  • Bejoy Nambiar Well I personally thought it would be completely alienating the tam audience
  • Are you always fully confident before starting a project or do you find your way as you go along? Asked by: Urmis Thamban
  • Bejoy Nambiar Once script is locked I am ultra confident.
  • Out of all 3 DAVIDs in hindi, which is your favorite one, dont say all.. please! Asked by: Rakshanda
  • Bejoy Nambiar Really can't newer that. Though musician is the closest to me as a story purely coz that's how David started
  • Was Neil's part shot in a different camera? Asked by: Luc
  • Bejoy Nambiar Nope. Same camera. Red epic
  • If you could give 3 important pointers to a first time filmmaker, what would they be? Asked by: Ramji Rao
  • Bejoy Nambiar Never compromise, never give up, win a lottery so that u can stick to the first 2pointers
  • When is the pizza remake going to start in hindi You are producing it rite ? Will it feature a leading star from there or atleast some one like ayushman khurana (vicky donor) new comers Asked by: Deepak
  • Bejoy Nambiar Announcements will happen soon
  • Why did you choose the Red Epic instead of the Arri Alexa? Asked by: Sagunan
  • Bejoy Nambiar Love the output in comparison
  • Why was a Bollywood Debut when you had a so closer Mollywood? Asked by: Dasan
  • Bejoy Nambiar Just coz I am a Mallu doesn't mean I have to make. Mallu debut
  • Do you think you chickened out while filming the love making scenes? Shouldnt they have been much more impactful? Asked by: Charan
  • Bejoy Nambiar Next time
  • What was the first line that you said to vikram,Jeeva when you were narrating the script to him Asked by: Deepak
  • Bejoy Nambiar Hi I am shaitan
  • Which camera did you use in Shaitan? Asked by: Sagunan
  • Bejoy Nambiar Red again
  • Is there anything you seek to particularly improve after David? Like lessons? Asked by: Pavithran
  • Bejoy Nambiar Let David get out of theatres before I learn my lessons
  • who is your favourite composer? Asked by: Natarajan
  • Bejoy Nambiar Rahman sir
  • how come you chose new guy for musician role, he's also a canadian too.. for such a desi role? Asked by: Anup
  • Bejoy Nambiar He did a great audition
  • What's the ideal way to become a director? Is film school an absolute necessity? Asked by: Avinash
  • Bejoy Nambiar Am just 2 films old. U should ask more experienced directors
  • Given a choice of Cinematographer-one highly regarded and the other a debutant-available for same remuneration, who would you go with? Asked by: Dasan
  • Bejoy Nambiar Stupid question
  • Will You Do A Solo movie with vikram? Asked by: Arun
  • Bejoy Nambiar Would love to
  • Lately, more and more emphasis is only on 1st week collections? Wont we have any 50 or 100 day running movies in future? Asked by: Dasan
  • Bejoy Nambiar Highly doubt it
  • when u going work with llaiyaraaja sir? Asked by: senthilks
  • Bejoy Nambiar It ' ll be a dream come true
  • So why u didnt have crazy End Credits in David like Shaitan? Asked by: Japjit S Sethi
  • Bejoy Nambiar Didn't want to repeat myself
  • Gem of a movie, thanks for the movie Asked by: varun kumar reddy
  • Bejoy Nambiar Thanks man
  • Is the reason to have all names as 'David' and show how they are connected? Is the idea inspired from Carl Jung's archetypes? Asked by: Vinay
  • Bejoy Nambiar No it isn't
  • will there be a sequel to david ? Asked by: Deepak
  • Iloved the movie..I like these kind of movies..keep on going..thanks Asked by: Rohit
  • Bejoy Nambiar Thanks Rohit

Hosted by

Bejoy Nambiar
Director, producer and screenwriter

More chats with:

Bejoy Nambiar
Director, producer and screenwriter

On his movie 'David'