4.15 pm Feb 09, 2013
Is the Afzal Guru hanging a mark of UPA's desperation?
Was Afzal Guru hanged by the UPA keeping in mind the 2014 general elections?
14 questions answered
- I apprecaite you for being sensible participants among the panelist. I look forward for same firmness and determinations. However, hanging Afzal guru means that the state has become tough on terror ? or its just a gimmick to immune themselves from Modiphoebia and Namo raising the issue in 2014. Or this is a counter strategy for Saffron terror remarks ? Asked by: GauthamAzad
- Why cant Indian Parliament pass a law which will makes it mandatory to dispose the petitions of death row convicts within 1 year of sentencing and carry out the sentence in that much time? You are a parliamentarian why cant you initiate such a law? Asked by: Hiren
- Is the Afzal Guru hanging a mark of UPA's desperation? Asked by: DK
- Was Afzal Guru hanged by the UPA keeping in mind the 2014 general elections? Asked by: Sunil
- do u think that this decision can be associated and looked in the context of rise of narendra modi in bjp due to his tough and strong image?also ur take on early elactions? Asked by: purushottam
- Sheshadri Chari If I am not mistaken Modi has tweeted about this. I don't think this will dent Modi's image as a performer and successful administrator. The Government can not answer for its delay in carrying out this hanging so late. As of now the UPA would prefer to wait till good monsoon and a big drop in inflation before announcing elections.
- The message has gone to the perprators of terror and the matter should be closed why waist time in unnecessary unproductive debate Asked by: RSV
- do u think this decision is somewhere effected by shinde's hindu terror remark atleast in terms of quick processing? Asked by: purushottam
- Good that you are not in Parliament, but as I know you are in a position to take up the issue with relevant people. Just think of it the amount of money we taxpayers had pay for all this. The same money if spent on a village road it will create so many jobs. Whats your opinion? Asked by: Hiren
- Definitely Afzal Guru's and Kasab's hangings are political games by the current central govt. But don't you think that death penalty should be abolished? In USA, in states where capital punishment is law, crime rate is more than in states where it is not? In most of the European countries, capital punishment is not there. Also, at the time of crime, the culprit doesn't think of the punishment he would be given but he/she thinks that he/she will escape the law. Your views. Asked by: Gaurav
- Sheshadri Chari There has been serious debates on capital punishment. It is awarded only in the rarest of rare cases. But if such cases recur more frequently what can the law do about it? It is not advisable to completely do away with capital punishment yet judicial restraint is necessary. We can not ape the West or EU countries.
- Dear Chariji forget what you did 9 years back, unfortunately we have a government which believes in giving doles and driging people to penury. These issues are linked if we have a law then we have to follow and then we save money. The money not spent on road will atleast go a long way in improving the Policing. Whats your opinion? Asked by: Hiren
- Does execution of terriosts can become an election issue, is it a basic duty of the state Asked by: Madhusudan
- sorry i meant that that it is the basic duty of the state to execute the conviction without making this an issue Asked by: Madhusudan
- Don't you think the timing of the decision is somewhat to decimate the Hindu terror remark? Asked by: Sarin
- Dear Chari ji, will BJP also demand hanging of Rajiv Gandhi killers and CM Beant Singh killer??? Asked by: Dhiraj
Hosted bySheshadri Chari
National Executive member, BJP
More chats with:Sheshadri Chari
National Executive member, BJP