New Delhi: After a week's break, the trial in the 2G spectrum allocation scam case, involving former Telecom Minister A Raja, DMK MP Kanimozhi and corporate honchos as accused, will resume on Monday in a Delhi court.
The day-to-day trial in the special court had to be adjourned for a week due to winter break and would continue from Monday with Raja questioning his former aide Aseervatham Achary, a key witness in the case.
Achary, who is testifying as seventh prosecution witness, has so far stood by his earlier statements made to the CBI indicting Raja and others.
The trial for corporate managers accused in the 2G spectrum allocation scam case will also resume on Monday.
During his cross-examination, Achary, a former Additional Private Secretary of Raja, had created a flutter in the court on December 22 by saying that he was facing threat to his life.
He had told Special Judge OP Saini that a man present in the courtroom was threatening him. The person, identified as Jai Prakash who was working as a peon with Reliance Power in Noida, was detained by the police but released later on after a day-long interrogation.
Raja, however, had told the court that it was a "drama" by Achary and it was "planned" in "collusion" with the CBI to "adversely impact" co-accused RK Chandolia's bail plea, which is slated for hearing in the Supreme Court this month.