New Delhi: Ex-telecom minister A Raja on Sunday said that he was not disappointed with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for not defending him in the 2G scam. In an exclusive interview given to CNN-IBN, this one being his first since bail, he said that he would defend himself in the case.
"I am not disappointed with the PM. I will defend myself... I am competent enough."
The DMK leader added that there was no question of being singled out in the case.
"There is no question of being singled out in the 2G case... People still have faith in me..." he said.
The former telecom minister, arrived in his constituency Coimbatore on Sunday to a rousing reception by party workers en route to his parliamentary constituency Nilgiris.
This was Raja's first visit to his home state since his arrest in February 2011. Nearly 1,000 party workers thronged the city airport to welcome Raja, the dalit face of the DMK.
The former minister however, did not talk to waiting media persons.
Raja later left for Annur to meet the people, from where he was to leave for Mettupalayam and Udhagamandalam, falling under his constituency, party sources said.
A Delhi court had on Thursday allowed Raja to visit Tamil Nadu between June 8 and June 30 accepting his plea.
The court had earlier, while granting him bail on May 15, imposed certain conditions, including that he would not visit his home state without its prior permission.
Raja had sought the court's permission also on the ground that the trial proceedings would not be undertaken from June 9 to June 30 owing to summer vacation.
(With additional information from PTI)