New Delhi: Rajesh Khanna tried his hand at direction with Jai Shiv Shankar in 80s. His wife Dimple was paired opposite Kaka in the film, which never saw the light of the day.Here are some more interesting facts about Rajesh Khanna's life.
1. Rajesh Khanna’s cheerful Punjabi character in Anand was based on actor-filmmaker Raj Kapoor, while his Bengali friend Bhaskar Banerjee (played by Amitabh Bachchan) was modelled on director Hrishikesh Mukherjee himself.
2. The superstar’s debut was Aakhri Khat and it led to a spate of hits like Aaradhna, Amar Prem, Aan Milo Sajna, Aap Ki Kasam, Anurodh, Avtaar, all starting with A.
His uncle, who disapproved of his acting aspirations, asked him to change his name from Jatin if he wanted to act.
3. Jeetendra and Rajesh went to the same school in Girgaum and then later to KC College too. In fact it was Khanna who inspired and supported Jeetendra to get into movies.
4. He was earlier slated to play the lead in Deewar.
5. His uncle, who disapproved of his acting aspirations, asked him to change his real name from Jatin if he wanted to act.
'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani' to 'Raanjhanaa': How Bollywood celebrates holi now
Bollywood Friday: 'Dirty Politics', 'Badmashiyaan' or 'Coffee Bloom'; what's your pick?
Konkona Sen Sharma plays Dr Nupur Talwar in film on Aarushi murder case