ibnlive » India » Uttar Pradesh

technology partner
in association with

Sep 26, 2012 at 07:57am IST

Nupur Talwar out of jail after 5 months, says will open a clinic in Aarushi's name

Noida: Murdered teenager Aarush Talwar's mother Nupur Talwar, accused in the double murder case of her daughter and domestic help Hemraj along with her husband Dr Rajesh Talwar, walked out of Dasna Jail after five months on Tuesday evening while the trial moves at a slow pace in a Ghaziabad court.

After emerging out of jail Nupur and her husband addressed the media. Rajesh thanked the media for its support and said that the family would keep fighting for justice.

"We will open a clinic in the name of Aarushi. We will also try and provide legal help those who need it. I am relieved that I am finally out the jail," said Nupur.

The Supreme Court had granted bail to Nupur a week ago. Nupur, who has been in judicial custody since April 30, and Rajesh have also been charged with destruction of evidence in the sensational double murder case that took place more than four years ago.

Nupur's lawyers had argued that the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) was dragging its feet in the case and it would take almost two years for the case to be decided. The lawyers argued that important material and critical witnesses had been presented and questioned, so there was no chance of Talwars influencing any one.

Taking cognizance of the argument the apex court asked the CBI to finish all the key dispositions by September 25 and she be released. "We ask the trial court to allow one week time to CBI to examine the remaining material witnesses. If they are not examined then trial court shall release the petitioner by September 25," a bench of justices AK Patnaik and JS Khehar said while granting bail to Nupur.

Nupur had moved the apex court challenging the Allahabad High Court's order which had on May 31, 2012 dismissed her plea for bail. The Ghaziabad trial court had on May 2 rejected Nupur's bail plea. Her dentist husband Rajesh Talwar had been granted bail on July 11, 2008 by the trial court.

Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents' Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of Hemraj, who was initially accused of killing Aarushi by her parents, was found the next day on the terrace of the house.

A CBI court has charged the Talwars under sections 302/34 (murder with common intention) and 201 (destruction of evidence with common intention) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). In addition to these, the court charged Rajesh Talwar under section 203 (giving false information in respect of an offence committed) of the IPC.

Meanwhile, a witness in the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case, Jagbir Singh Malik, died after being mowed down by a truck in Ghaziabad. The policeman died in the incident that took place on September 20, in which two other policeman were mowed down.

The truck accident had taken place hours after six people died in a clash between locals and the police.

Jagbir Malik was the first Investigating Officer in the case for 11 days. He had been investigating the case right after the first SHO got suspended till the CBI took over the investigation.