London: Arsenal forward Eduardo Da Silva has issued a statement on the club's official website following UEFA's decision to overturn his two-match Champions League suspension following his alleged dive against Celtic last month.
"I'm very pleased that we have finally arrived at the truth. All we needed to do was to prove what happened and we have managed to do that. This decision makes me feel a lot better. I certainly feel relieved now. I have had great support from my family, friends and of course everyone at the club," he said.
"Now I just want to forget about this and think about our match against Standard Liege on Wednesday. I was always prepared for the match in Belgium because I had good feeling and I always remained positive about the outcome. Now [that] we have a final result, I can now look forward to helping the team on Wednesday night," he added.
"All I remember of the incident is that as soon as I had possession of the ball I headed towards goal at full speed. I was very close to the Celtic keeper and felt contact on my foot and then lost my balance. I know perhaps more than anyone else that when you have contact at speed it can be dangerous," he stated.
"I just want to say that I'm a fair player. To score goals you must take your opportunities and I'm not the type of player who needs to be dishonest to score goals," he said.
The recently maligned striker's supposed theatrics - which lead to the opening goal in the Gunners' 3-1 return-leg victory that knocked Celtic out of the Champions League - reignited the debate on gamesmanship in football.
Eduardo is now free to participate in Arsenal's upcoming Champions League group stage clashes against Standard Liege and Olympiacos.