ibnlive » South » Karnataka

Bangalore: 3-year-old dies allegedly due to anaesthesia overdose at dental clinic

Press Trust of India
Feb 06, 2013 at 11:30pm IST

Bangalore: A three-year-old boy died allegedly due to an overdose of anaesthesia administered by a dentist during a surgical procedure at a private clinic here today, police said. Shirish was taken to the clinic after he complained of severe toothache and died after he underwent a surgical procedure for the problem.

The enraged parents and relatives of the boy beat up the dentist and protested in front of the clinic. Deputy Superintendent of Police (South-East) division PS Harsha rushed to the spot and asked the parents to a file a complaint.

"I am still awaiting a complaint from the parents. We will accordingly file a case of death due to negligence against the doctor. We are also awaiting a medical report after which we will initiate appropriate action against the doctor," he said.

Bangalore: Boy dies allegedly due to anaesthesia overdose

The enraged parents and relatives of the boy beat up the dentist and protested in front of the clinic.

Latest

More from this section