New Delhi: Director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' is all set to hit the theatres on July 12, 2013. The trailers of the film have generated a good buzz but there are some facts about the film that are yet to be known by the audience.
1. In one of the interviews, Sonam Kapoor, who plays Nirmal Kaur, said that she charged Rs 11 as her acting fees in 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag'.
2. Athlete Milkha Singh, on whose life the film is based, charged Rs 1 only for his contribution to the film. He provided the minute details of his life to Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra and his team so that they could come up with a nuanced screenplay.
3. Farhan Akhtar, the onscreen Milkha Singh, opted for rigorous training sessions lasting 18 months to get a chiselled body. His hard labour is visible in the promos of 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag'.
4. Pakistani singer-actor Meesha Shafi is making her Bollywood debut with 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag'. She has earlier worked in Mira Nair's 'The Reluctant Fundamentalist'.
5. Former president of Pakistan, General Ayub, gave Milkha Singh the title of 'Flying Sikh', when he won a highly publicised race in Pakistan.
6. Rebecca Breeds, who is fetching attention through the songs of 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag', is a known TV face in Australia. She has done soaps like 'Blue Water high' and 'Home And Away' in the past.
7. Milkha Singh presented his shoes that he wore during the Rome Olympic to Farhan Akhtar during the shoot of 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag'.
8. Nirmal Kaur, Sonam Kapoor's character in 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag', doesn't get married to Milkha Singh (Played by Farhan) in the film; Shriswara is playing Farhan's wife.
9. Milkha challenged Farhan Akhtar for a race when they met for the first time during their research for the film.
10. Yograj Singh, cricketer Yuvraj Singh's father, has played Milkha's coach in the film.