BJP attacks Centre on Chinese incursion into Ladakh

IBN7
May 02, 2013 at 11:33am IST

New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday took on the Central government on the incursion by Chinese troops 19 km inside the Indian side in Ladakh's Daulat Beg Oldi and alleged that China is constructing bunkers in Eastern Ladakh. The BJP also alleged that government has failed to end the Chinese incursion as asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to intervene and end the stand off.

BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar called incursion by Chinese troops a very serious matter and asked Manmohan Singh to take charge because flag meetings between the Indian and Chinese armies have failed to end the stand off.

Communist Party of India (Marxist) General Secretary Prakash Karat said that solution should be found keeping Indian's interest in mind. He asked both India and China to act maturely and solve the border dispute amicably.

BJP slams Centre on Chinese incursion

The BJP called incursion by Chinese troops a very serious matter and asked Manmohan Singh to intervene.

Earlier on Wednesday Indian Army Chief General Bikram Singh met with Manmohan Singh and explained the situation in Ladakh. General Singh also appeared before the Cabinet Committee on Security on the incursion.

Meanwhile, the Army has given a report to Defence Minister AK Antony and reportedly suggested several measures that can be undertaken to end the stand off.

Latest

More from this section

PREVIOUS  Karnataka polls: 'EC to monitor booths through web-casting'

NEXT  BJP govt has looted Karnataka, says Sonia Gandhi