New Delhi: In the last 44 months, nearly one-third of the BJP government has resigned on charges ranging from rape to corruption in Karnataka. It is a record and a shameful one at that:
- The total sanctioned strength of Karnataka Cabinet is 34 including the chief minister.
- 1 chief minister (BS Yeddyurappa) and 11 ministers have resigned till now.
The total number of ministers who were forced to resign in the past 44 months accounts for nearly 33 per cent of the State Cabinet.
- 4 ministers resigned over sleaze. Ex-Chief Minister BS Yedyurappa allegedly had relations with a Cabinet minister. Excise Minister Renukacharya was caught kissing a nurse. The nurse claimed Renukacharya had raped and threatened her. Food and Civil Supplies Minister Haratalu Halappa was allegedly caught on camera raping a close aide's wife. He was in jail, but is now out on bail.
- Another minister G Janardhana Reddy is in jail for illegal mining.
- The total number of ministers who were forced to resign accounts for nearly 33 per cent of the State Cabinet.