IBPS stands for the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection which conducts a Common Written Exam (CWE) to recruit Bank POs.
Bank Type: Nationalized Banks
Bank Name: Bank CWE (IBPS)
Bank Exam: Bank CWE (IBPS)
Job Profile: Probationary Officer / Management Trainee
1. ENGLISH LANGUAGE (25 marks, 50 questions)
Vocabulary: Synonyms, Antonyms, Homonyms, Word Formation, Sentence Completion
Comprehension: Theme detection, Deriving Conclusion, Passage Completion
Error Detection and Rearrangement: Passage Correction, Sentence Correction, Spelling
Grammar: Active Passive Voice, Direct Indirect Speech
General Usage: Idioms and Phrases
2. LOGICAL REASONING (50 marks, 50 questions)
Verbal Reasoning: Analogy, Coding Decoding, Blood Relation, Sitting Arrangement, Series Completion, Syllogism, Decision Making, Statement Reasoning
Non-verbal Reasoning: Series Completion, Analogy, and Classification
3. QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE (50 marks, 50 questions)
Arithmetic: Numbers, Simplification, Roots, Average, Surds & Indices, Percentage, Profit & Loss, Ratio & Proportion, Partnership, Chain Rule, Time & Work, Pipes & Cisterns, Time & Distance, Problems on Trains, Boats & Streams, Alligation, Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Stocks & Shares, Clocks, Logarithms, Mensuration, Volume & Surface Area, Permutation & combination, Probability, Heights & Distances
Data Interpretation: Tabulation, Bar Graphs, Line Graphs, Pie Charts
4. GENERAL/MARKETING/BANKING AWARENESS (50 marks, 50 questions)
Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environments around him and its application to society. These questions will be such that they do not require a specific study of any discipline.
- Knowledge of current events
- Everyday observations and experience in the scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person
- India and its neighboring countries
- Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economy, General Polity, Indian Constitution, Scientific Research
Over 70% of the questions will be related to Economy, Banking and Finance.
5. COMPUTER AWARENESS (50 marks, 50 questions)
General Knowledge on Computer usage and application (basic hardware and software)
6. DESCRIPTIVE WRITING (25 marks)
It intends to measure your higher order cognitive abilities as comprehending the situations etc, and also your language ability. It is a question paper-cum-answer sheet in Hindi and English and the Regional Language and you have to restrict your answers to the space provided on the answer-sheet. Use of supplements is not allowed. You have the option to answer 3 out of 4 questions either in Hindi or in English or in the Regional Language. It includes Essay, Précis and Letter writing.