London: Celine Dion has been given the go-ahead by doctors to start recording her new album after the singer recovered from a nasty viral infection.
Dion fell ill earlier this year and was forced to cancel a series of shows in Las Vegas after doctors ordered her to undertake several weeks of complete vocal rest, reports contactmusic.com.
She flew to Los Angeles last week to see a specialist doctor. He told her she will be able to get back to the studio in the next few weeks ahead of a comeback concert in Sin City in June, according to the Las Vegas Sun.
The Canadian singer is all set to return to singing after having suffered from a viral infection.
"During this recovery period, so many fans, many of whom were inconvenienced by the cancelled shows, have posted kind words of encouragement on my website. I'm so grateful for their thoughts and their support... more than they'll ever know," Dion said in a statement.
Dion is expected to start recording her new album next month and her first show at Caesars Palace will take place June 9.
Anushka Sharma was the only choice for 'NH10', says director Navdeep Singh
'Mardaani' Rani to be awarded for highlighting women's safety
Photos: George Clooney, Tom Hanks, Meryl Streep pay tribute to Paul Newman at 'An Evening of SeriousFun'