New Delhi: Google India has announced Arun Kumar Yadav, a class 9 student of Kendriya Vidyalaya from Chandigarh, as the winner of the Doodle4Google 2012 competition. The winning Doodle titled 'India - A Prism if Multiplicity' will go live on the Google (India) homepage on November 14, National Children's Day. The Doodle will also be featured on a special colour pack and drawing book by Classmate. All the finalists will receive a Google Goodie bag and a Samsung tablet.
The theme for this year's competition was 'Unity in Diversity', and with over two lakh entries received, from more than 1000 schools across 60 cities, within one month of the contest announcement.
The company invited all children between the ages of 5 to 16 years to share their creativity by doodling on the Google logo. The participants were grouped into three different categories - Group 1 comprising students from class 1 to 3; Group 2 with students from class 4 to 6; and Group 3 with students from class 7 to 10.
The winning Doodle titled 'India - A Prism if Multiplicity' will go live on the Google India homepage on Nov 14.
The initial entries, more than two lakh in number, went through a round of preliminary judging by film and theatre actor Boman Irani and political cartoonist Ajit Ninan; as a second step, online public voting was used to choose one winner from each group; and finally, the reputed jury, along with the original Google Doodler Dennis Hwang, selected the final winning doodle from all the finalists.
The Doodle4Google 2012 competition was launched in 2009.
Below is the list of the 13 finalists from across India:
Group 1: class 1 to 3
1. Vidhi Binwal - The Orchid School, Pune
2. Saubhagya Kalia - Sri Aurobindo School of International Education, Chandigarh
3. Vasuevan Deepak - Devigiri C.M.I Public School, Calicut
4. M. Pranshu Tanaya - D.A.V Public School, Balasore
Group 2: class 4 to 6
1. Kajal C.Soni - Queen Mary School, Mumbai
2. Shravya Manjunath, Mitra Academy
3. Aditi Tiwari - Amity International School, Gurgaon
4. Gulafsha Bano - St. Anthony's Day School, Kolkata
Group 3: class 7 to 10
1. Arun Kumar Yadav - Kendriya Vidyalaya, Chandigarh
2. S. Preetham Paul - Sri Prakash Vidyaniketan, Vishakapatnam
3. Md. Aftab Alam - Albany Hall Public School, Kolkata
4. Prasun Jain - Anand Vikas Higer Secondary School, Bhopal
5. Samiksha Goel - Kendriya Vidyalaya No 1 Uppal, Hyderabad