Sydney: Australia have announced an unchanged starting eleven for the second Test against India beginning on Tuesday, opting not to use a four-pronged pace attack at the Sydney Cricket Ground.
Offspinner Nathan Lyon has retained his spot and fast bowler Ryan Harris, who did not recover from injury in time to be part of the Melbourne Test which Australia won by 122 runs last week, has been named as the 12th man.
Skipper Michael Clarke on Monday said Harris has "been a wonderful bowler for us ... it was tough to leave him out, but we've stuck with the winning team."
Ryan Harris has been named as Australia's 12th man for the second Test against India at Sydney.
There had been speculation that Harris could be recalled as part of an all-pace attack for the 100th Test at the SCG, which has lost its reputation as a turning wicket in recent years.
"We've had a long-enough break as well and that was probably the other consideration," Clarke said ahead of a training session on Monday. "Finishing the (first test) a day early and the bowlers not bowling too many overs in the second innings has certainly helped them."
Ed Cowan, David Warner, Shaun Marsh, Ricky Ponting, Michael Clarke (captain), Mike Hussey, Brad Haddin, Peter Siddle, James Pattinson, Ben Hilfenhaus, Nathan Lyon