Dubai: Indian batsmen Cheteshwar Pujara and Virat Kohli's dismal performances in the recently concluded five-match Test series against England saw them dropping down in the International Cricket Council (ICC) rankings for Test batsmen, following their side's 1-3 series defeat.
While Pujara dropped four places to 16th, Kohli slid a further five places to 26th. Pujara, however, still remains India's highest-ranked batsman in the table.
India's second highest run getter of the series, captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni finished the series in 28th position, climbing four places. The skipper scored four half-centuries with a best of 82 during the tour.
Sri Lanka's Kumar Sangakkara holds the No 1 spot in the rankings closely followed by AB de Villiers of South Africa.
Meanwhile, in the bowlers rankings, Ravichandran Ashwin's figures of 3/72 in the last Test at The Oval helped him earn a place to be ranked at 13th. However, Ashwin lost the top spot in the all-rounders rankings to give way to Bangladesh's Shakib Al Hasan.
The bowling table is headed by South Africa's Dale Steyn, who leads Australia's Ryan Harris.
ICC rankings for Test batsmen
1. Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka) 915 points
2. AB de Villiers (South Africa) 888
3. Angelo Mathews (Sri Lanka) 873
4. David Warner (Australia) 871
5. Hashim Amla (South Africa) 863
6. Shivnarine Chanderpaul (West Indies) 854
7. Michael Clarke (Australia) 818
8. Ross Taylor (New Zealand) 795
9. Joe Root (England) 789
10. Misbah-ul-Haq (Pakistan) 762
ICC rankings for Test bowlers
1. Dale Steyn (South Africa) 907
2. Ryan Harris (Australia) 870
3. Rangana Herath (Sri Lanka) 851
4. Mitchell Johnson (Australia) 844
5. James Anderson (England) 806
6. Vernon Philander (South Africa) 785
7. Tim Southee (New Zealand) 783
8. Stuart Broad (England) 774
9. Saeed Ajmal (Pakistan) 762
10. Trent Boult (New Zealand) 737
ICC rankings for Test all-rounders
1. Shakib Al Hasan (Bangladesh) 364
2. Ravichandran Ashwin (India) 357
3. Vernon Philander (South Africa) 348
4. Stuart Broad (England) 296
5. Mitchell Johnson (Australia) 280