ibnlive » Cricketnext

Clarke yet to confirm Pune offer

Press Trust Of India
Mar 26, 2012 at 07:23pm IST

Melbourne: Australia captain Michael Clarke is non-committal on a much-speculated Indian Premier League stint with Pune Warriors, saying that his management company is discussing the offer but a decision is yet to be taken.

After resisting the IPL for four seasons to focus on national duty, Clarke is finally in talks with the Pune franchise, but refused to divulge the details of the ongoing negotiations.

"That opportunity has been presented to my management company and me. Right now they're discussing it," Clarke was quoted as saying.

Clarke yet to confirm Pune Warriors offer

Clarke said that his management company is discussing the offer with the Pune franchise.

"We will continue to talk about that and make a decision in due course. But my focus right now is to make sure I get back and play some good cricket for Australia."

The in-form batsman, who is struggling with back problems, did not give his name for players' auction even this year but Pune approached him after getting the BCCI's nod for it.

Clarke retired from Twenty20 internationals in January last year.

He left for Australia's tour of the West Indies on Sunday after recovering from injury and might not be available for most of the IPL even if the deal works out because of national duty.

The IPL's fifth season starts on April 4, while the Test series in the Caribbean ends on April 27.

"It's been a busy couple of weeks of rehab and treatment with my physio," Clarke said about his fitness.

"I had a fitness test on Friday and I passed all of that.

"I've still got seven days until our tour game starts. There was some running - general straight-line running and some running between wickets and sideways movement to check if I will be fine fielding."

Latest

More from this section

PREVIOUS  Aus, Windies even going into Twenty20s

NEXT  CSA to probe unaudited IPL funds