Quick Links

News

Dhawan hoping to prove himself in IPL 5

Shikhar Dhawan, the Deccan Chargers opener, is aware that big innings in the IPL could enhance his reputation.

Hyderabad: Shikhar Dhawan, the Deccan Chargers opener, has said he is aware that big innings in the upcoming IPL could enhance his reputation and so he is aiming to do his best.

"The competition would be tough. Players come from all over the world. It's a big tournament for everyone and I am looking forward to do well for my team and scoring some big runs," Dhawan told PTI. "All the teams have got really good players. It's about which team clicks and who plays the best cricket on a particular day."

Dwarka Ravi Teja, a local batsman from Andhra Pradesh who had a decent run in the domestic circuit recently, said that he intends to be more aggressive in IPL 5. "My domestic season was good and IPL is a good platform for me to go to the next step. We are working hard and personally I am trying to be more aggressive and focusing on the fielding. I want to make whatever contribution I can," he said.

Led by Kumar Sangakkara, Deccan have talented players like Cameron White, Darren Bravo, JP Duminy, Amit Mishra and Parthiv Patel. Though they ended up at the bottom in the inaugural edition of the IPL, the team went on win the title in 2009.