A shin injury delayed Gayle\'s return to the West Indies colours as he missed the first ODI of the series.
London: West Indies star Chris Gayle has declared himself fit for Tuesday's second one-day international (ODI) against England at The Oval. But the tourists will be without Darren Bravo after the batsman was ruled out of the remainder of the tour with a groin injury.
Gayle had been due to make his long awaited return to international cricket, after 15 months on the sidelines following a dispute with West Indies Cricket Board chiefs, in Saturday's first ODI at Southampton. But the left-hander, arguably the world's best one-day opening batsman, was ruled out with a shin injury.
During the game, which England won by 114 runs under the Duckworth/Lewis method to go 1-0 up in a three-match series, Bravo suffered a groin injury while allrounder Andre Russell fell heavily on his shoulder as he completed a run.
A West Indies spokesman said Gayle has made himself available to play on Tuesday, while the team was awaiting the results of the scan on Russell. Bravo was ruled out of the rest of the tour on Monday and, with just three games left, the West Indies have not called up a replacement as the left-hander returned home to Trinidad and Tobago.
"Darren will undergo further medical investigation in T&T and a subsequent rehabilitation programme will be commenced following the review," West Indies physiotherapist CJ Clark said.
The series concludes in Leeds on Friday before the teams contest a stand-alone Twenty20 match in Nottingham on Sunday.