ibnlive » Cricketnext

Aug 29, 2014 at 12:37pm IST

IPL Scandal: Mudgal panel submits interim report, SC hearing on Sept 1

The Justice Mukul Mudgal committee probing the Indian Premier League's spot-fixing and betting scandal submitted it's interim report to the Supreme Court on Friday, and the SC will hear the case on September 1.

The Mudgal committee submitted its report in a sealed envelope and is likely to seek a two-month extension to submit a final report on the case that surfaced during IPL 6 in 2013.

ALSO SEE ICC chief Srinivasan among 13 suspects?

The enveloped is expected to be opened on Monday.

The Mudgal committee was set up by the court in October 2013 to probe the spot-fixing allegations. The committee then submitted its report earlier this year in February, which included a sealed envelope containing names of 13 people under suspicion. SC asked Justice Mudgal to further investigate those names, which he agreed to do.

ALSO SEE Sourav Ganguly part of Mudgal committee

The SC had earlier asked Srinivasan to step down from his post as BCCI president until the probe is over, while appointing former India captain Sunil Gavaskar and Shivlal Yadav to take care of the IPL and BCCI affairs, respectively. Gavaskar was later relieved of his duties following the 2014 IPL.

Former India captain Sourav Ganguly also joined the Mudgal committee earlier in June as an expert on cricketing affairs. "We had requested Sourav Ganguly to join the IPL probe committee and he has agreed to join us in the investigations. I had telephoned Sourav and he confirmed me about coming on board," Justice Mudgal told PTI.

ALSO SEE I haven't tarnished the game: Srinivasan

The committee also includes advocates L Nageswara Rao, Niloy Dutta and senior IPS officer BB Mishra.

Latest