After the 4-0 whitewash of the Aussies earlier this year, the innings win over WI on Thursday gave India their 5th Test win in a row, their best ever run. (BCCI Images)
India celebrated their innings-and-51-run win over the West Indies at the Eden Gardens in style on Thursday, recording their best winning run ever in Test cricket with a fifth consecutive victory.
Heroics of debutants Mohammad Shami (9 for 118 in the match) and Rohit Sharma (177) helped India beat the Windies inside three days to add to their 4-0 whitewash against Australia earlier this year.
Shami's match-haul also earned him the distinction of recording the best ever figures on debut by an Indian fast bowler. Rohit's 177 was also the second best Test knock on debut by an Indian batsman, behind Shikhar Dhawan's 187.
Here's the list of India's last five back-to-back Test wins:
1. Won by an innings and 51 runs, vs West Indies, Kolkata, 2013
2. Won by 6 wickets, vs Australia, Delhi, 2013
3. Won by 6 wickets, vs Australia, Mohali, 2013
4. Won by an innings and 135 runs, vs Australia, Hyderabad, 2013
5. Won by 8 wickets, vs Australia