Karachi: Contrary to reports, Pakistan's forthcoming "home" series against South Africa in the United Arab Emirates next month would go on as scheduled and will not be affected by the match-fixing controversy surrounding the national team in England, a PCB source said on Sunday.
The source said there was not truth in media reports in England that the South Africans were reluctant to go ahead with the series because of the match-fixing allegations.
"The series is very much on and we have the green signal from the South African board. All arrangements for the series are continuing on schedule. We also have a T20 match scheduled for the victims of the floods in Pakistan," he told PTI.
Another source said that the PCB has got confirmation for the tour from Cricket South Africa chief executive Gerald Majola.
"There is definitely a concerted campaign to disgrace and spoil the image of Pakistan cricket," he said.
British newspaper 'Daily Telegraph' reported that senior South African cricketers are considering making themselves unavailable for the series in Abu Dhabi and Dubai after the match-fixing scandal.
"To say we are reluctant is an understatement. Nobody knows what the hell is going on in Pakistani cricket and we feel that playing such a high profile series right now - especially in the middle east - is asking for trouble," one senior player was quoted as saying by the newspaper.
The South African Cricketers Association chief executive Tony Irish also conceded that "many players" have reservations but didn't say whether there had been talk of pullouts.
CSA chief executive Majola, however, said no player has expressed any such reservation so far and there was no plan to scrap the series.
"This is an official bilateral tour governed by the ICC FTP agreement, signed by all member countries, therefore it is an ICC-sanctioned match. The ICC has not cancelled the tour and are dealing with the matter through the ACSU. We therefore have no reason to call off the tour," Majola told a cricket website.