On Wednesday morning, when Mahendra Singh Dhoni walks out for the toss with Alastair Cook in the first Investec Test against hosts England, he will become the first Indian captain to lead the team in successive Tests at Trent Bridge.
Here are some facts from the Trent Bridge cricket ground in Nottingham ahead of the England vs India Test series:
1. MS Dhoni becomes first Indian captain to lead Team India in successive Tests at Trent Bridge. The others are Dattu Gaekwad (1959), Mohammed Azharuddin (1996), Sourav Ganguly (2002) and Rahul Dravid (2007).
On Wednesday, when Dhoni walks out for the toss with Cook in the 1st Test, he will become the first Indian captain to lead the team in successive Tests at Trent Bridge. (AFP Photo)
2. India secured a seven-wicket win over England in July 2007 and are the last team to do so at the Trent Bridge.
3. India, under Sourav Ganguly's captaincy, played a draw against England at Trent Bridge in August 2002.
4. Rahul Dravid is the only Indian batsman to have scored more than one Test century at Trent Bridge. Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, and Virender Sehwag are the other Indian Test centurions at the venue.
5. Former England captain Michael Vaughan is the only English batsman to have scored more than one Test century against India at the Trent Bridge.
6. England speedster James Anderson has six hauls of five wickets and two hauls of 10 wickets in a Test match at Trent Bridge.
7. Indian pacer Zaheer Khan, who will be missing this tour, is the only Indian bowler with a five-wicket haul in a Test match at the Trent Bridge.
8. India played their first Test at Trent Brigde on June 4, 1959, and lost by an innings and 59 runs.
9. India have played 5 Tests at Trent Bridge, winning 1 and losing 2, while two ended in a draw.