Colombo: The Sri Lanka Premier League (SLPL) would go ahead as planned even without the participation of the Indian players, Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) secretary Nishantha Ranatunga said on Friday.
"We will go ahead with the tournament with or without [the] Indian players," Ranatunga said.
He, however, added that SLC had not been officially told by the BCCI that its players would not take part in the proposed league. Ranatunga was responding to the Indian media reports which quoted BCCI officials saying that its players would not take part in the SLPL due to a crammed schedule.
The SLPL is being scheduled for August, just ahead of the ICC World Twenty20 in September-October. It was cancelled due last year mainly due to non participation of the Indian players.